PITs for all US SGS3's

Search This thread

invisiblek

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Minnesota
www.invisiblek.org
EDIT: I was unaware there was not a 32gb version of the ATT variant. Here is the PIT for the 16gb variant just in case its needed by anyone:
http://invisiblek.chickenkiller.com/pits/

sgh-i747-16gb.pit
^^ is the one you want

Everything below this line is only here for historical sake, not needed.
====================================================================

Hey guys, I'm from the VZW version of the device, but I'm trying to accumulate all of the PITs for each variant since they are all signed, they are all different. I'm doing this just in case they are needed by someone in the future, we won't have to scramble to find one.

Its quite a simple process, just need one command run from a root shell (adb or terminal emulator) then an upload of the file.

Command to run:
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/out.pit bs=8 count=481 skip=2176

You may upload /sdcard/out.pit to dropbox, mediafire, whatever.
I've already got a 16gb PIT for the AT&T so all I need is a 32gb.

Thanks in advance!

FYI: A PIT is a partition information table, it basically tells Odin where to put things when you flash.

Last edited:

invisiblek

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Minnesota
www.invisiblek.org
Best of my knowledge, att isn't selling a 32gb variant of the s3. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

You are correct...no 32gb variant in att. Just a red 16gb one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

ah, was unaware
thanks guys

here's a link to your PIT for the 16gb anyway, just in case you end up needing it:

http://invisiblek.chickenkiller.com/pits/sgh-i747-16gb.pit

thanks!

moneyover

Jun 21, 2012
+1 just an error when trying to open link

Sent from my htc_jewel using xda app-developers app

the.teejster

Aug 14, 2008
Any chance of expanding this to include Canadian carriers, more specifically Bell Mobility.
I'm in dire need of a PIT file for my 16Gig SGH-I747M and can't seem to locate one anywhere.

gtwirth

May 28, 2009
i have an i747m need 32gig pit

I was given a 32 gig s3 i747m and when I try to flash with odin it says no pit partitions found need a pit file for this so I can get the phone up and going can someone please help

mctspr

Dec 25, 2010
Did you finally find .PIT for SGH-I747M 16GB?

Any chance of expanding this to include Canadian carriers, more specifically Bell Mobility.
I'm in dire need of a PIT file for my 16Gig SGH-I747M and can't seem to locate one anywhere.

Did you finally find .PIT for SGH-I747M 16GB? Which Carrier? I need it from any Carrier to recover my unit back. Thank You in Advance!!

BRs,

Luis Daniel

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
still not working. will try different browser.
thank you for this.:thumbup:

err on the side of kindness

Top Liked Posts