MHL for xperia tablet z?

Search This thread

fahadbr

Sep 30, 2012
The mhl port on this tablet has a weird shape to it, I can't fit my 11 pin mhl cable that works with my galaxy note 2 into the port.

Does anyone know if the xtz uses a 5 pin port? Or can anyone point me to an mhl cable that's compatible with this tab?

Thanks

Sent from my SGP311 using xda premium

electric0ant

Feb 9, 2011
The mhl port on this tablet has a weird shape to it, I can't fit my 11 pin mhl cable that works with my galaxy note 2 into the port.

Does anyone know if the xtz uses a 5 pin port? Or can anyone point me to an mhl cable that's compatible with this tab?

Thanks

The tablet Z uses the 5 pin mhl. I have one and it works fine.
the 11 pin mhl should at least fit at the port is just a standard microusb / mhl port, which you would also use for charging and data transfer.

fahadbr

Sep 30, 2012
It might fit, I didn't try to hard out of fear of damaging the port. The 11 pin plug has this indent that is supposed to prevent you from sticking it in a normal micro usb port

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

manicmarvin

Dec 10, 2011

Thanks

Hi, my MHL cable from my Galaxy S2 works perfectly with the Tablet Z also

fahadbr

Sep 30, 2012
Thats great news (compared to needing a more proprietary adapter sold only by sony) ill find myself one on amazon

imparanoic

Jun 8, 2013
Thats great news (compared to needing a more proprietary adapter sold only by sony) ill find myself one on amazon

but sony mhl adaptor IM750 has only added advantage, it's cec compatible, ie, you can control the phone ( every mhl xperia phone) or tablet ( not confirmed or verified by anyone yet), via tv remote, you can do almost anything apart from call the phone

basically with cec compatible, you can use the phone or tablet as a media player with no hassle, I had working via dk22 dock for xperia tx, micro hdmi via xperia arc before that.

IM750 is the non dock version, Samsung official mhl adaptor ( whether for s2, s3 or mhl2 standard s4 - not confirmed) is not cec compatible.

panicweb

Oct 4, 2013
I bought cheap 5 pin mhl adapter from ebay. I can't post link jet.
It is For Samsung Galaxy S2 HTC/Nexus/Note but it won't work with my tablet z. Mhl icon appears on my tablet status bar but tv is black- no picture no sound.
I use original charger to power mhl adapter and i did everything like in youtube sony offical mhl tutorial videoideo with tanja ;)
Any ideas why others work galaxy s2 adapter?

Spg321, android 4.2.2 stock non rooted

MikeViller

Jun 1, 2013
also bought a fosmon adaptor from ebay for the tab it work ok but the output display side bars on my TV. (tried it on two different HDTV) The TV is set for 1080p. I got in the service menu and force test MHL video to 1920x1080p and still have the side bars ?????

panicweb

Oct 4, 2013
May the problem be caused by fact that my tv is not fullHD, it is 720p?

Item description from ebay:

Supports all audio and all resolutions up to 1080p

made for cell Phones that use MHL technology

Works with 3D

Compatible with HTC: Amaze 4G, EVO 3D, Rezound /
Vigor, Z710e / Sensation 4G / Pyramid
Samsung: Galaxy S GT-i9100 Galaxy S 2, Galaxy
Nexus, Galaxy S2 Attain i777 (AT&T), Galaxy S2
Skyrocket, N7000 Galaxy Note, SGH-i927 Captivate
Glide, SGH-i997 Infuse 4G, SGH-T989 Galaxy S II
Hercules (T-Mobile), SPH-D710 Epic 4G Touch Sony
Ericsson: Xperia Arc X12

Last edited:

thebeest

Jul 27, 2013
I bought the Samsung Galaxy S II MHL HDTV Adapter and although it works it is not a good fit for the tablet and puts pressure on the port cover. I have not used it much so have not replaced it but if I was using it regularly I wouldn't be happy with Samsung's offering.