[10/5/13] [4.2.2] - S-Note3 for Galaxy Note 8.0

Search This thread

antiphon

Dec 8, 2007
San Francisco
New version posted:

Version 1.2 (10/5/2013)
- Fixed .snb import. You can now import and convert notes from the old SNotes app (go to All Notes View, Press Import, and choose device or online account)
- Improved sync with Evernote and Samsung Account. Notes now show up in Evernote almost immediately after creation!

navjot singh

Oct 1, 2013
thannnnnnxxxxx

New version posted:

Version 1.2 (10/5/2013)
- Fixed .snb import. You can now import and convert notes from the old SNotes app (go to All Notes View, Press Import, and choose device or online account)
- Improved sync with Evernote and Samsung Account. Notes now show up in Evernote almost immediately after creation!

Thanks man...
guys like you make life easier for others...just bcoz of improved s note I was planning to go for note 10.1 2014 edition..
I m preparing for competition exams so make lots of notes over internet....full screen view on note 3 s-note app is quiet handy..have dropped my plans for spending 600$ for new tablet...will donate you within 2-3 weeks..40$ (dont go for beer...me a vegeterian..hehe)
This long time is coz i m student...sorry!
One issue so far is that pdf export quality is very poor..eventhough jpeg export is of excellent quality pls can u sort this out...I know samsung will come up with this app in future but you have done a great great job....thanks brother...more over if there is any way of increasing resolution of this app...sorry I m asking too much...coz you raised my expectations...thanks..

rathian

Dec 29, 2011
Honor Magic V2
Here's a bug i found.... I am unable to erase any lines properly.... Instead of erasing a section of the line, the erase tool erases the whole line..

rathian

Dec 29, 2011
Honor Magic V2
really? thats so counter intuitive for sketches, cos the aim is to make multiple lines, then trim the lines down using the eraser.... -_-

i'm having my idea sketch keep FC..... i'm running stock rom, 4.2.2... but i set my tablet DPI to 160 i build.prop.... i wonder what settings i should set idea sketch to in order for it to work (using xposed)..

jimlau

Mar 8, 2006
Got the app on Note 8.0 working fine. It syncs well with the Note 3 (on the new Samsung Note 3) but problem starts when you edit files on the Note 3. The files sync through to Note 8.0 will crash the app. I think its the incompatible screen size as no matter how i try, the spd file won't show up correctly on the Note 8.0. Any thoughts?

Krumbalu

Feb 5, 2010
i have the latetes flexrom intalled the 3.5 and the latest s note 3 i can start it and use it but after i quit and then
reopen the program it says importing ad stays like that all the time even after force closing and restarting it :eek:
what can i do???

Hoolines

Aug 12, 2013
Here's a bug i found.... I am unable to erase any lines properly.... Instead of erasing a section of the line, the erase tool erases the whole line..

As some one else mentioned this is the ereaser function. If you want to edit a part of a line go to the pen stletting and choose the last pen available (on the right corner). It does what u need.

efou07

Oct 18, 2013
Hello
I could'nt install on my Note 8 wifi. When I lance it on recovery I have "install SD card" after There is a test with an Error (Sorry I don't remember exactly but it's like a check), after the recovery flash but it's very quick it's look ok. The Note reboot bur I haven't the new Snote.
My config: Note 8 wifi Root 4.22 stock Recovery standart.
of course I have dowload again the Zip.
Thanks and Sony for my poor English

*** Edit
I tried again, download the file with my PC but same thing
Error message : E signature verification failed
Then the flash begin but may be 3 seconds only

Envoyé de mon GT-N5110 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

efou07

Oct 18, 2013
Thank you.
I installed Tw recovery and all is Ok now.
It's a very nice and usefull appli. I have just the bugs wrote in the first post. Almost perfect.

Envoyé de mon GT-N5110 en utilisant Tapatalk

stonepws

Nov 17, 2010
i have the latetes flexrom intalled the 3.5 and the latest s note 3 i can start it and use it but after i quit and then
reopen the program it says importing ad stays like that all the time even after force closing and restarting it :eek:
what can i do???

I have and have always had this exact problem, (CivZ Flex-Beam rom(s) 3.3 - 3.4), but I did not try any other ROMs from other developers so I am NOT saying it is related to this excellent ROM. I further removed various S-Note user (not system) directories etc. as indicated for problems associated with getting S-Note 3.0 to work However regardless of all of these activities each new start of Snote 3.0 resulted in the importing message.

The work around for me, was a 'long-press' on the capacitive menu button, the left-one.
This interrupts the 'importing' and shows a search dialogue at the top of the screen, you can then cancel the search with return key and now then S-Note works 'OK', (until it is 'stopped' and restarted) and then the 'fun' starts all over again. Did not install it this time around (upgrade to Flex-Beam 3.5) due to this problem.

If there is a proper fix then great? ..

But thanks to the OP as it shows how S-Note continues to advance and improve.

Last edited:

antiphon

Dec 8, 2007
San Francisco
I have and have always had this exact problem, (CivZ Flex-Beam rom(s) 3.3 - 3.4), but I did not try any other ROMs from other developers so I am NOT saying it is related to this excellent ROM. I further removed various S-Note user (not system) directories etc. as indicated for problems associated with getting S-Note 3.0 to work However regardless of all of these activities each new start of Snote 3.0 resulted in the importing message.

The work around for me, was a 'long-press' on the capacitive menu button, the left-one.
This interrupts the 'importing' and shows a search dialogue at the top of the screen, you can then cancel the search with return key and now then S-Note works 'OK', (until it is 'stopped' and restarted) and then the 'fun' starts all over again. Did not install it this time around (upgrade to Flex-Beam 3.5) due to this problem.

If there is a proper fix then great? ..

But thanks to the OP as it shows how S-Note continues to advance and improve.

So the importing happens even before you choose to sync? I would make sure all directories that contain "Snote" or "spen" are completely removed from your internal and external sdcards. Also make sure to delete hidden folders or ones that start with "."

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BenGman

May 17, 2007
This does not work for me using civato's 3.5 4.2.2 ROM with the sphere eingine 2.0 kernel.
Flashing using TeamWin Recovery and finished saying installation completed successfully.

I saw no new S-Note link but my current (only linked) S-Note now FCs anytime I use
Shape match, formula match or handwriting to text (within S-Note productivity tools).

I was hoping I could use that Productivity tool functionality in the Note 8 S-Note and then open the Note 3 S-Note for the other features... but they do not work at all.

I even tried to open the *.snb files directly using a File Explorer hoping that Android will ask me what S-Note to open it in (either the previous Note 8 S-Note or the Note 3 S-Note) but there was only 1 S-Note to select.

I flashed the 3.5 ROM again, got productivity tool function again, then this S-Note from Note 3 1.2 package again and same thing; S-Note productivity tools stopped working and no new/old link to choose which S-Note I want to open.

Any ideas as to what I can try next?

stonepws

Nov 17, 2010
So the importing happens even before you choose to sync? I would make sure all directories that contain "Snote" or "spen" are completely removed from your internal and external sdcards. Also make sure to delete hidden folders or ones that start with "."

Well as I stated I had caryy out a comple wipe and installed the FlexBeam 3.5 Rom without flashing afterwards S note 3. So based on your suggestion before flashing it I deleted from Internal SD card .Spensound, .Splanner_Spenmemo, Snotedata , S Note, S Note Export, SnoteVoiceRecorderData, SpenSDK30 directories. Did not find any such files on external SD card.

Flashed S note 3 V1.2 and restarted but this time S Note starts OK but no luck with with Magic Chart (i.e. Magic Note has stopped msg) which had worked in previous attempts and again after closing S Note and restarting it I get the Importing message (without initiating a sync), so it really does not work for me.

Oh well will keep plugging away with each new flash of a new ROM, who´knows I may get lucky, especially as it does 'work' for most people it seems.

Thanks

Last edited:

antiphon

Dec 8, 2007
San Francisco
Well as I stated I had caryy out a comple wipe and installed the FlexBeam 3.5 Rom without flashing afterwards S note 3. So based on your suggestion before flashing it I deleted from Internal SD card .Spensound, .Splanner_Spenmemo, Snotedata , S Note, S Note Export, SnoteVoiceRecorderData, SpenSDK30 directories. Did not find any such files on external SD card.

Flashed S note 3 V1.2 and restarted but this time S Note starts OK but no luck with with Magic Chart (i.e. Magic Note has stopped msg) which had worked in previous attempts and again after closing S Note and restarting it I get the Importing message (without initiating a sync), so it really does not work for me.

Oh well will keep plugging away with each new flash of a new ROM, who´knows I may get lucky, especially as it does 'work' for most people it seems.

Thanks

Try manually installing Snote3sdk.apk in the zip file.

stonepws

Nov 17, 2010
Try manually installing Snote3sdk.apk in the zip file.

Hi I could not find this apk in the system/app directory from the extracted zip file. Amongst the files, the only ones similar in naming structure are SpenSdk3.apk or SpenSdk3-1.apk or Snote3.apk (this one I assume is already installed as a system app), so not sure which one you mean and prefer not to just execute the other 2 on a 'try and see' basis in case I introduce any other anomalies. Could you please clrify.

The zip file is called Snote3_For_Note_8_v_1_2.zip

Thanks for your advice

antiphon

Dec 8, 2007
San Francisco
Hi I could not find this apk in the system/app directory from the extracted zip file. Amongst the files, the only ones similar in naming structure are SpenSdk3.apk or SpenSdk3-1.apk or Snote3.apk (this one I assume is already installed as a system app), so not sure which one you mean and prefer not to just execute the other 2 on a 'try and see' basis in case I introduce any other anomalies. Could you please clrify.

The zip file is called Snote3_For_Note_8_v_1_2.zip

Thanks for your advice

Sorry should be SpenSDK3.apk then Spensdk3~1.apk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the new S-Note 3 from the Note 3 ported to the Galaxy Note 8.0. :) This is a 99% fully working S-Note. The only major issue is there is no text recognition yet. This zip file does not overwrite your existing S-Note, so you can switch back and forth between the new and old versions. This was tested on Civato's CivZ 3.2 (4.2.2) and will most likely not work on Android 4.1.2.

Special Thanks
    This port is primarily based on Arsaw's work http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1997286 with some inspiration from shaji_ka_71 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2449311

Bugs
    Not working: Handwriting recognition, PDF import, Maps capture, minor scaling

Working: Everything else

Instructions
    Note: If you are coming from Version 1.0, you must perform a full wipe!
    1. If upgrading, perform a full wipe.
    2. Download zip file and flash from recovery.
    3. You're good to go!

Download
    Current:
    Version 1.2:http://www.mediafire.com/download/dbwve2a0cbdpwni/SNote3_for_Note_8_v_1_2.zip

Older:
    Version 1.1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9uprw38mcqq1o6x/SNote3_for_Note_8_v_1_1.zip

Version 1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5sk8n96a020h0c2/SNote3_for_Note_8_0_v1.zip

Changelog
    Version 1.2 (10/5/2013)

Version 1.1 (9/29/2013)

- Fixed a bunch of FCs
    - 100% working Magic Chart
    - Working Clip Art
    - Working Recents / All Notes View
    - Working Shape and Formula recognition (Text recognition NOT working yet)
    - Speed and performance improvements
    - Switched to Note3 handwriting recognition in S-pen input mode- should be more accurate now

Version 1.0 (9/22/2013)

- Initial release.
    New version posted:

Version 1.2 (10/5/2013)
    I want to thank you for your effort..it works great over my note 8.0.
    however it does not import .snb files from my previous s-note app..I have lots of notes made ..pls can you port this app from note 10.1 2014 with every thing working..I will surely donate you..pls if that takes time then by that time fix importing .snb file...this app creates .spb files..whats the diff btw two...will I be able to everis my ist sync my notes to this app...love u brother..thanks in advance...

Good news, I found a way to convert and import .snb files! For it to convert, you must first sync your old SNotes with your Samsung Account. It might also work if you have Notes on Google Drive, but I haven't fully tested that yet.

1. Go to All Notes View
    2. Click Import
    3. Choose Samsung Account (or Google Drive)
    4. Pick whichever Notes you want
    5. After it imports, just click on the Note and it will ask you if you want to convert it to the new format.
    6. Click Ok and then you're set!

I'm still working on PDF imports and a way to import notes directly from the device. For now, just sync with Samsung Account or Google Drive, then import from there.
    Quick update- I pulled the apks from the new Note 10.1 and it opens but FC's when trying to create or edit a note. The resolution is fixed in this version but some of the icons are cut off. I'll continue to play with it and keep you updated.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
    Main post updated to SNote3 version 1.1:

Changelog
    Version 1.1 (9/29/2013)

- Fixed a bunch of FCs
    - 100% working Magic Chart
    - Working Clip Art
    - Working Recents / All Notes View
    - Working Shape and Formula recognition (Text recognition NOT working yet)
    - Speed and performance improvements
    - Switched to Note3 handwriting recognition in S-pen input mode- should be more accurate now

A full wipe is required if upgrading from version 1.0.