FORUMS

Wikipad Rooted

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By CurlyCoconutTree, Junior Member on 14th July 2013, 04:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The Wikipad has been rooted and there is also a ClockworkMod Recovery available. I take no responsibility for your actions. This a choice you are making. If you brick your device that's on you. That being said, these procedures have been successful so far.

This only works on the Wikipad 7 inch running Android 4.1.1 and using Windows 7 64-bit (32-bit should work as well). I've not tried this with 4.2.2 or Windows 10, nor I have touched my Wikipad in years.

Download this: Everything you Need.zip and follow the read me(s).

A clean recovery backup! (Props to ordoeb) -- http://dfiles.ru/files/079843b8f
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CurlyCoconutTree For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CurlyCoconutTree Ad-Free
17th July 2013, 04:23 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks. Worked for me. Got root and clockworkmod. Still can't see my device in adb in Ubuntu. Trying to figure that out.
31st July 2013, 04:54 PM |#3  

More
bad link
Thanks for root.

But link doesn't work.
Please, update the link "Everything you Need.zip".

Thanks again.
31st July 2013, 06:43 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
The Wikipad needs its own forum.

Sent from my R800x using xda app-developers app
15th August 2013, 08:38 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Talking Finally
Mad props to ordoeb! Thank you and thank you again.

I'm downloading his stock image. I'll install it, make sure it's clean, then upload a copy with a link to share. As promised, I will also release instructions and files for root.

ordoeb, you've done the Wikipad community a great service. We now have full control over a device we love.

We now:
-Have a way to backup the device
-Restore the device (even in some "bricked" situations")
-Create Custom Roms
-And root the device

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurlyCoconutTree For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CurlyCoconutTree Ad-Free
17th August 2013, 07:40 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Talking little help
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddawg579

Thanks. Worked for me. Got root and clockworkmod. Still can't see my device in adb in Ubuntu. Trying to figure that out.

How did you do it? I did everything correctly and I'm stuck in "waiting for device"

[SOLVED] I placed the original fastboot in the motochopper folder which probably didn't do anything. But since my android drivers are everywhere! I removed the adb_usb that was provided in the everything you need rar and used Google's USB drivers. Worked like a charm!
18th August 2013, 01:56 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyTheAggie

The Wikipad needs its own forum.

Sent from my R800x using xda app-developers app

I couldn't agree more.
23rd August 2013, 11:59 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Link not working
The download link only has a file with pictures in it. File says sf baltimore...can someone help me???
24th August 2013, 04:26 AM |#9  
FRANCE
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmacker

The download link only has a file with pictures in it. File says sf baltimore...can someone help me???

Same for me, many strange JPEG named Baltimore lol

Someone could post a new link with the good files ?

Thanks.

24th August 2013, 11:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Glad to know I wasn't the only one having that problem...Could someone please help us out...I love my wikipad and am super excited to root it, a million thanks in advance...
25th August 2013, 02:33 AM |#11  

More
does not work
So, got the zip file, downloading the backup, but there are no instructions or read me in the file. So how do we root the wikipad?

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, recovery, root, rooted, wikipad

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)