MGS codec unlock sounds

Search This thread

undeclared

Jun 16, 2010
i am working on trying to figure out how to make my phone lock and unlock like the mgs codec. i have got the files on the phone and it works but is way to loud. i have attached the files i used if someone with more audio editing experince wants to take a crack at it.

the files have to be in .ogg format and be labeled Lock.ogg and Unlock.ogg. i used advanced wma workshop to convert the files from mp3.

to put them on your phone if anyone wants this

1 reboot into recovery

2 mount /system

3 open cmd and nav to your sdk/tools folder

4 pull system/media/audio/ui (this will backup the files before you replace them)

5 copy the backed up ogg files from your sdk/tools folder to another safe location and put the modified ogg files into the sdk/tools folder

6 push Lock.ogg system/media/audio/ui

7 push Unlock.ogg system/media/audio/ui

8 unmount /system and reboot

also if anyone does do this could someone upload the backed up files for me i didn't think about doin the pull till i wrote this up and i don't feel like doing a nandroid restore to get them back.

edit my buddy confirmed that i had these backwards i guess that is what i get for not listening to the files first. i reuploaded with correct file names

Last edited:

orion0924

Sep 28, 2010
I was wondering if you could walk me thru the steps in more detail... I'm not sure how to proceed past step 3! not sure if its cuz i have a mac... sorry this is my first post

Last edited:

Zero0ftheArk

Sep 3, 2010
so i tried this through the mount/system through clockmod and was able to push this files but it will not switch to the files i pushed, just uses the system defaults any suggestions? im thinking of just overwritting the rom zip with the new zip sounds and reflashing sounds good?

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
so i tried this through the mount/system through clockmod and was able to push this files but it will not switch to the files i pushed, just uses the system defaults any suggestions? im thinking of just overwritting the rom zip with the new zip sounds and reflashing sounds good?

I used root explorer and just put the files in the system/media/audio/UI and did a restart and it worked.

Reactions: Neo

orion0924

Sep 28, 2010
hey I used rootexplorer as well but i have a question because it does appear to be working. so did you MOVE or COPY all the files (mp3 + ogg) into the UI folder? It does not show up.

Zero0ftheArk

Sep 3, 2010
hey I used rootexplorer as well but i have a question because it does appear to be working. so did you MOVE or COPY all the files (mp3 + ogg) into the UI folder? It does not show up.

i firsted removed the defaults and moved the new files works like a charm but for some strange reason the two sounds merge when i lock phone and the unlock works great not sure whats up may restore originals and try again but first attempt worked fine with the deleting and moveing, i was adding a boot animation and before i knew it both play? no biggie really they overlap each other so its not some drawn out tone

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
i firsted removed the defaults and moved the new files works like a charm but for some strange reason the two sounds merge when i lock phone and the unlock works great not sure whats up may restore originals and try again but first attempt worked fine with the deleting and moveing, i was adding a boot animation and before i knew it both play? no biggie really they overlap each other so its not some drawn out tone

Make sure you did not put the .mp3 and .ogg file in the same place just the .ogg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I used root explorer and just put the files in the system/media/audio/UI and did a restart and it worked.