[DISCUSSION] 10.5.A.0.30 android 4.4.2 bugs and errors

Search This thread

BlackFriar

May 20, 2009
Me too, I have the 4.4 Stock Rom of Generic USA and Google Services are using 73% of my phone's battery. My phone now needs around 4 hours to have 100% of charge :(

Same, Google Services have used 74% of battery. Screen at 12% for comparison.

Google Services
CPU total: 5h 10m 54s
Keep Awake: 4h 47m 21s​

ryanrudolf

Nov 12, 2012
On nordic via SUS and rooted. Removed bloatware and seems good. I'll monitor battery how long

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

t3ddy2003

Oct 29, 2013
did anyone of you notice the notification bar, icons color will not change if you changed the theme? ;)

PranavBijwe

May 24, 2014
Mic not working when making or receiving calls

I recently updated to 4.4.2 using nut's method to get root. Now, whenever I try to make a call or when I receive one the person on the other end is not able to hear me at all! I tried doing this several times and for some reason my mic is not working on 4.4.2. The mic works fine when using voice search or shooting a video. If anyone else is having the same problem or if anyone is having a solution to my problem, a reply would be appreciated.
My device is a C6502

demonicangell™

Aug 5, 2011
Bombay
I recently updated to 4.4.2 using nut's method to get root. Now, whenever I try to make a call or when I receive one the person on the other end is not able to hear me at all! I tried doing this several times and for some reason my mic is not working on 4.4.2. The mic works fine when using voice search or shooting a video. If anyone else is having the same problem or if anyone is having a solution to my problem, a reply would be appreciated.
My device is a C6502

working fine for me .. flashed 02 US version . maybe wipe data \reinstall .

jcdr12

Aug 6, 2012
The note widget doesn't work properly, anyone having the same problem or just me?

serajr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Lags fixed on SystemUI.apk and Settings.apk

on my C6502 is working great , only isue was lag on setting, but its solved with force GPU rendering. :good:

For those who are facing lags on SystemUI.apk and/or Settings.apk, here are both fixed apks, but just install them with provided services.jar too in which superuser mod is enabled by default, so you will get bootboop and/or apks fc'ing. They are deodexed, so if you push them to a odexed fw, remember to delete also: SystemUI.odex, Settings.odex and services.odex

You can turn Force GPU rendering off again!!!

Do it manually (zip is not flashable one)!!

Do not install them without superuser mod (provided here or previously installed - Xperia Xposed (KK) module enables it by default, in case you are using it)!
Try at your own risk!!

Attachments

• system.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 130

jcdr12

Aug 6, 2012
For those who are facing lags on SystemUI.apk and/or Settings.apk, here are both fixed apks, but just install them with provided services.jar too in which superuser mod is enabled by default, so you will get bootboop and/or apks fc'ing. They are deodexed, so if you push them to a odexed fw, remember to delete also: SystemUI.odex, Settings.odex and services.odex

Do not install them without superuser mod (provided here or previously installed - Xperia Xposed (KK) module enables it by default, in case you are using it)!
Try at your own risk!!

Once again you did it
So far no fc's

Reactions: serajr

NamenIos

Nov 26, 2010
Sony Xperia Z
HTC EVO 3D
Has anyone manged to get the AOSP lockscreen working with additional lockscreen ring targets? Gravitybox does seem to work way worse than on 4.3. I can't use the Gravitybox flashlight on either lockscreen hold or on Navigation bar targets.

edit: tried to activate the AOSP lockscreen with deleting the apk in /system/xyz and with the Xposed modules Xperia Xposed and/or GEM Xperia Xposed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lags fixed on SystemUI.apk and Settings.apk

on my C6502 is working great , only isue was lag on setting, but its solved with force GPU rendering. :good:

Try at your own risk!!
    New update :)

2qbrtix.jpg
    Has anyone manged to get the AOSP lockscreen working with additional lockscreen ring targets? Gravitybox does seem to work way worse than on 4.3. I can't use the Gravitybox flashlight on either lockscreen hold or on Navigation bar targets.

edit: tried to activate the AOSP lockscreen with deleting the apk in /system/xyz and with the Xposed modules Xperia Xposed and/or GEM Xperia Xposed.
    I'm working on that right now, and Xperia Xposed v2.5 is about to be released with all KK known issues fixed (and new features too)!

@niaboc79
    Edit: Done, take a look!!
    Battery life update for kitkat

I am also now victim of the dreaded google services battery drain issue :(

However, I found a workaround. From various posts, I thought that problem is only if one needs access to location constantly. At few places, people also mentioned that 'device only' mode or 'location off' resolves the problem. I did not get anywhere exact behavior and proper explanation of the problem. So I am trying to explain it here.

I kept the location off initially, and there was no battery drain, in fact battery life was much better than the JB.
    However, I started google maps once and enabled high accuracy location once and then after that, my phone was not able to sleep. As you can see from the screenshot, after the short gps activity bar, phone is awake for all the time for next 3-4 hours.

When phone was all the time awake after that, I tried different things like location - device only mode, disabling location and making location on and off multiple times. Nothing helped, phone was constantly awake and battery was draining fast.

After this, I restarted my phone(you can see vertical line break in the screenshot) with location off. After the restart however, phone could go into sleep and no more awake(please refer screenshot). Problem solved!

So my conclusion is, when facing battery drain, turn off location and restart device. This would solve the problem. Note that 'only' turning off location does NOT resolve this problem. You need phone restart after disabling location.
    Kitkat as such is stable but once you start location/gps, phone would never sleep until you restart.

For me this workaround is acceptable as I use GPS once in a while only. And use maps only once in a while for navigation. So if you want to go to kitkat, see if you can compromise on GPS use. Else JB is your best option right now. Third option is to disable google services which is the worst option in my opinion.

Advantages of Kitkat is, it has very good battery life mostly because of batching of data transfers. I would say around 10-15% SOT increase.

Hope this helps at least a few people who are confused about upgrading to kitkat.
    • Sound lag is due to activating GPU acceleration
    • On my phone the GUI lags are gone after a couple of time and reboots
    • battery drain, is due to wake locks caused by the Google location service. This problem also occurs on the Google Nexus 5. So its more related to KitKat and Google Play service then to the Sony firmware. So I don't think we will see a fix any soon.