Just to let you know!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384273143754.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384273143754.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 3,642

brfitzp

Mar 6, 2010
It broke root for me. Guess i'm gonna have to wait for a new root method now. I seen OTA update and just jumped on it without thinking.

Reactions: TugBoatTed

seedoubleyou

Jul 4, 2009
Since this is the first thread on the subject, lets make it an organized one with useful info please so people don't make 1000 threads about it making it difficult for those of us who haven't updated yet to stay on top of it.

What we've learned so far:

1. It (probably) breaks root
  2. not much else as far as improvements/changes

Archon810

Feb 19, 2010
Oakland
Just got mine also. Wonder if it fixes the double reboot issue where the phone boots and reboots right away when trying to sync clock.

Ragnarkov

Feb 26, 2010
Maple Ridge

I noticed the keyboard change as well. One thing I noticed (although this might be my mind playing tricks on me) is the phone seems to lock/unlock quicker. I noticed a bit of lag sometimes when hitting the power button to lock, and it seems to have lessened somewhat. Again, purely speculation, although I know a lot of people had complained about it on various mediums.

woowdy

Jul 28, 2012
Springfield Mo
I think we post the same thing. I notice some changes. Like the keyboard and slightly better performance. Please see my thread and let me know if you find something more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

seedoubleyou

Jul 4, 2009
how strange for ATT to change the color of the keyboard.

I think its the same update Sprint got as well. There is another thread in Q&A that points to a URL with changes for Sprint. New keyboard is because they added new handwriting mode. Other fixes mentioned are call audio improvements. Nothing else.

I use Google keyboard and my call audio has been fine. I'm keeping M9 rooted unless I hear something meatier.

Agent

Feb 5, 2013
I responded on the first thread about the update and I called AT&T to get any release notes. They told me all it says is general performance enhancements.

Reactions: rayandreas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to let you know!

I'll be honest, I mainly troll this forum as well as others, looking for information that I need at that particular moment. Rarely, if ever, do I post a comment or reply to anything I run across. This time, however, I did feel the need to comment in regards to rooting the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using two different methods. First...I used the Vega method, which worked, but not without a lengthy set of step-specific instructions and quite a large (over 2gb) file to download. Then...AT&T sent out an OTA update which my phone decided to automatically download and install without my permission. This OTA unrooted my phone as it did to a lot of people. I jumped on here to read about this OTA and saw that several people were talking about rooting with Kingo. This piqued my interest and since I was already planning on re-rooting with Vega and set aside a block of time to do so, I went ahead and downloaded the Kingo file to give it a try and it worked....impressively well. And this is why I'm posting...Kingo was an extremely easy program to root and I didn't lose any information during the process. It was seamless. It's an easy *** user interface that gives you a hand full of instructions (ie: connect phone; click start) and does the rest for you unlike it's rival, Vega, which comes with a laundry list of steps to complete the process. I literally downloaded the file, ran it, plugged my phone in and clicked start...it was that easy. So far, so good. I just wanted to post this so that other people that may look at rooting their phone as a complicated process can know their is a much easier way to do so.

So, to sum it up...both ways can and will root your phone...but Kingo was a breeze.
    Here's what I did...

1. Unfroze AT&T Software Update using TiBU.
    2. Enable Survival Mode. Disable Super Su.
    3. Settings > General > About > Update.
    4. Updated. Rebooted.
    5. Enable Super Su. Disable Survival Mode.
    6. Refreeze AT&T Software Update using TiBU.
    6. Done.
    Since this is the first thread on the subject, lets make it an organized one with useful info please so people don't make 1000 threads about it making it difficult for those of us who haven't updated yet to stay on top of it.

What we've learned so far:

1. It (probably) breaks root
    2. not much else as far as improvements/changes
    Going to attempt to get this.. Btw what do you mean by enable Unroot?

nyteruhu.jpg

9yzyvata.jpg

Sent from my Post-it-Note 3