Most stable custom or stock ROMs for 4G LTE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

prw94

Sep 1, 2013
I'm looking for advice on the most stable custom or stock ROMs for an Evo 4G LTE. Note I'm not saying "best," I fully understand that "best" is subjective and in the eye of the beholder and there's no answer to this question. I'm saying "stable," as in everything works that's supposed to work, just like it's supposed to work, including the camera (which I know is an issue with some custom ROMs, but that's a non-negotiable thing for me, camera's got to work).

I got my Evo earlier this year, it's my first smartphone, and I love it. It's not new, but it's perfect for me, got a 64-gig card in it so it's got plenty of memory for all I want to do with it, and I'm looking to get a couple of years out of it. It's rooted, flashed to Page Plus and is running MeanBean 3.03. It came that way, I didn't do the modifications, but I think I've done sufficient homework to where I'm prepared to try to flash another ROM.

I love MeanBean, but it's based on 4.1.1 and as such is vulnerable to the Heartbleed bug. I'm not panicking at that, I don't use my phone for any financial transactions and am careful with what sites I access, I'm prepared to go as-is for a while, but I'm thinking at some point it probably would be wise to change.

Again, I'm more interested in stability than "newest with all the bells and whistles." And I'm particularly interested in something that's not likely to break my flash to Page Plus, although if I have to have that redone, so be it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance here.

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
Greetings!

Unfortunately such "Best ROM" threads meet their demise quite readily.

It is a demonstrable fact that there is no "Best ROM" and that opinions differ like the spots on a giraffe, or the different barrels that Donkey Kong throws at you whilst attempting to climb ladders.

As such, please feel free to peruse the development forums and determine for yourself which ROM is best, or most stable, or earns the most bacon points.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings!

Unfortunately such "Best ROM" threads meet their demise quite readily.

It is a demonstrable fact that there is no "Best ROM" and that opinions differ like the spots on a giraffe, or the different barrels that Donkey Kong throws at you whilst attempting to climb ladders.

As such, please feel free to peruse the development forums and determine for yourself which ROM is best, or most stable, or earns the most bacon points.

Thanks!