Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scann69

Is there a patch for the notification bar where we do not need to pull it all the way down to see the notifications? Similar to the attached .zip file except without the stock wifi icon.

Would be great if somebody could make one :p

Thanks to LeeDroid for the attached file

Attachments

• Notif_Pulldown_Fix_V5.1.0-STOCK_WIFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: dirtytotoi

Wonderkik

Dec 15, 2008
Tours
Oh, by the way, what does S-on prevents us to do? Since we can flash boot.img, the only thing I've seen so far that isn't doable without it is changing the splash boot screen.

I mean, it would allow us to skip a few steps, but besides that, is there a real benefit I don't see?

Oh, by the way, what does S-on prevents us to do? Since we can flash boot.img, the only thing I've seen so far that isn't doable without it is changing the splash boot screen.
I mean, it would allow us to skip a few steps, but besides that, is there a real benefit I don't see?

What is S-off
?
Inside your phone there are usually 3 types of memory :
• Some type of flash memory which contains the system files and programs.
• Ram memory in which your programs can run.
• Usually a removable flash card (microSD) for storage.

In their devices, HTC have installed a sort of security check whose level is determined by S-OFF/S-ON. Essentially, this security level is a flag stored on the device's radio that checks signature images for any firmware before it is allowed to be written to system memory. This hinders using any custom ROMs, splash images, recovery etc., and also restricts access to the NAND flash memory. However, when security level is set to S-OFF, the signature check is bypassed, allowing a user to upload custom firmware images, unsigned boot, recovery, splash and HBOOT images, as well as official firmware that has been modified, this enabling maximum customization of your HTC Android device.

Furthermore, S-OFF also reduces restrictions on accessing the NAND flash memory on the device, allowing all partitions (including /system) to be mounted in write mode while the operating system is booted.

How do I know if my device is S-ON or S-OFF,
That is easy to verify. Simply boot into HBOOT on your device, and the text on top will show the flag status as either S-OFF or S-ON..
And you will see a screen that looks like this the picture below (from my old vision). As you can see mine already has S-OFF.A full root generally means S-OFF
p1010612x.jpg

Last edited:

Wonderkik

Dec 15, 2008
Tours
That, I already know, I use Google too ^^

But as of now, we can already do all this, or almost all. We can't change splash boot image or access every partition on the fly, but that's it.

So the question I ask is what would it bring us that we don't already have?
Apart from ease of use and full access to the phone's internal memory (which is rather a Dev feature), I don't see much point in going S-Off.

An example of what it would allow us to do, from an end-user point of view, would be appreciated ;)

Sorry for going off topic here.

That, I already know, I use Google too ^^
But as of now, we can already do all this, or almost all. We can't change splash boot image or access every partition on the fly, but that's it.
So the question I ask is what would it bring us that we don't already have?
Apart from ease of use and full access to the phone's internal memory (which is rather a Dev feature), I don't see much point in going S-Off.
An example of what it would allow us to do, from an end-user point of view, would be appreciated ;)
Sorry for going off topic here.

Sorry, but that I don't know that you use Google ...;)

A simply answer:
Actually, you must flash a boot.img before to flash a rom
If you are S-Off, you don't need to flash the boot.img file before.

That's what I've said on my last post:
Furthermore, S-OFF also reduces restrictions on accessing the NAND flash memory on the device, allowing all partitions (including /system) to be mounted in write mode while the operating system is booted.

Last edited:

Wonderkik

Dec 15, 2008
Tours
Yeah that was a part i forgot to add, I understood that it would allow us to flash boot.img through recovery (and if understand well, we could even flash it whenever we want?), but since we already have a workaround for that (using fastboot flash boot boot.img) it is not a "new" feature that S-off would allow, just an easier way to do what we already do today.

Hence my question, what would it allow us to do that we can't already do, even with such workarounds?

I'm asking because it seems really weird to me that so much people are investing so much time in getting S-Off if it doesn't allow new and unseen features.
But maybe we shouldn't post too much about this here, let's keep on topic ;)

miniterror

Feb 5, 2009
Yeah that was a part i forgot to add, I understood that it would allow us to flash boot.img through recovery (and if understand well, we could even flash it whenever we want?), but since we already have a workaround for that (using fastboot flash boot boot.img) it is not a "new" feature that S-off would allow, just an easier way to do what we already do today.

Hence my question, what would it allow us to do that we can't already do, even with such workarounds?

I'm asking because it seems really weird to me that so much people are investing so much time in getting S-Off if it doesn't allow new and unseen features.
But maybe we shouldn't post too much about this here, let's keep on topic ;)

You know,
Im following the s-off discussion thread and havent asked yet but ive been wondering with the same question.
Besides splash screen i cant really think of anything we cant already do with a work arround besides also downgrading radio images.
Ill wonder some more about it.
Sure would be nice though for a easier flashing exp:p

Edit: also supercid to debrand branded devices for ruu checks and firmware packages

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: Wonderkik and Sib64

MarylandCookie

May 13, 2010
Birmingham, UK
If your carrier released an updated radio then the only way you would be able to flash this would be via the corresponding ruu, where'as if you had S-OFF you can extract the radio.img and place it in a PG**IMG.zip and update via bootloader *simples*
The added advantage of this also means that if your carrier hasnt released the latest radio you can try the leaked version :)

aortega

Jun 27, 2010
Irving. Tx
Coredroid one x documents support ready

Hey guys, finally we have the page for general support for COREDROID One X, you will find there the next:

1.- Link to CD website:cool:
2.- Guide to unlock your bootloader:p
3.- Link to download current ROM:)
4.- CD ICS V3.0 FAQ's:D:D:D
5.- All One X kernels links:):):)

I know is not complete as i want, but give me some time to update and do the others docs, you will find at the end everything you have dream related to support docs.

As always, let me know if you think something is missing or you feel something needs to be included, the FAQ's doc. is just for questions related straight to the ROM and not for third party apps.;)

Thanks guys and enjoy it, just click my banner and then click on the One X image, then you will get the main page.;)

Last edited:

Baltasar0303

Jan 11, 2011
Brandenburg
Hey guys, finally we have the page for general support for COREDROID One X, you will find there the next:

1.- Link to CD website:cool:
2.- Guide to unlock your bootloader:p
3.- Link to download current ROM:)
4.- CD ICS V3.0 FAQ's:D:D:D
5.- All One X kernels links:):):)

I know is not complete as i want, but give me some time to update and do the others docs, you will find at the end everything you have dream related to support docs.

As always, let me know if you think something is missing or you feel something needs to be included, the FAQ's doc. is just for questions related straight to the ROM and not for third party apps.;)

Thanks guys and enjoy it, just click my banner and then click on the One X image, then you will get the main page.;)

Thx Guys, ;) :eek:
really great and fantastic work! :cool: :D

Scann69

Is there a patch for the notification bar where we do not need to pull it all the way down to see the notifications? Similar to the attached .zip file except without the stock wifi icon.

Would be great if somebody could make one :p

Thanks to LeeDroid for the attached file

Anybody knows this?

Attachments

• Notif_Pulldown_Fix_V5.1.0-STOCK_WIFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: El Nino1977

cometoluc

May 24, 2007
Mechelen
Hello, great rom as always.

I have two questions about the coredroid tweaks app :

1) In systemUI there is a setting 'quick-quick settings' to get the quicksettings in the notificationsarea when it's empty but how do you get to the quicksettings when not in the notificationarea?

2) The is also in systemui a option to put your finger on the statusbar to increase or decrease the brightness. I can not make this working. When i move my finger over the statusbar nothing happens.

rayford85

May 22, 2011
Hello, great rom as always.

I have two questions about the coredroid tweaks app :

1) In systemUI there is a setting 'quick-quick settings' to get the quicksettings in the notificationsarea when it's empty but how do you get to the quicksettings when not in the notificationarea?

2) The is also in systemui a option to put your finger on the statusbar to increase or decrease the brightness. I can not make this working. When i move my finger over the statusbar nothing happens.

To open quicksettings, touch your carrier label. That opens them. The brightness patch. Make sure auto brightness is turned off, then touch and hold your status bar. Sliding to the left makes the screen darker. To the right makes it brighter :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: As of November 7th CoreDroid officially moved all its support to another site.

Due to repeated kanging from other Roms as well as needing CST paid version to obtain the latest version of the Rom, anything related to the CoreDroid team is not allowed to be posted anymore on XDA and is from now on considered warez.
    This includes: Signatures, links, themes, as well as any work developed by the CD team or included in any Rom.

TL;dr: If you included anything from CD in your work, you have to remove it.

We appreciate your understanding on the matter in hand,
    XDA Moderation team
    MOD EDIT: Removed content
    No longer supporting CoreDroid...
    No longer on the team ;)
    MOD EDIT: Removed content