Camera shutter sound...

Search This thread

smeiff

Feb 27, 2012
Indianapolis
Sprint did the same thing with their phones. I read it hasn't passed congress yet (this was a year or two ago, haven't done research since), but Sprint was the only carrier at the time pushing camera sounds to all users. They however couldn't make changes to the iPhone so they did not push this change to them.

I'm betting we will need to wait until someone roots the watch until the sound will be removed...

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/hr414-111/show

Raul69.atl

Oct 17, 2011
city of angels
I remember on the s2 you couldn't turn shutter off but later we got an update to do it. Hopefully we get one cuz shutter is loud. Or hopefully someone roots this gear 2 and I'm sure we will be able to do that.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

madmike23

Mar 1, 2007
Brea, CA
Nope: in most countries it's prohibited to have NO shutter-sound!

So: this won't be implemented in future updates!

First line, no, maybe some countries...if such a law. But easy fix, install other camera software that can disable shutter sound. Also already built into Android camera.

Second line, probably true like the first Galaxy Gear. But hopefully there'll be a mod for it like on the first.

BJSerpas

Mar 6, 2013
I hope this is addressed shortly. I need to be able to take pictures of lecture notes on the board (and the professor doesn't mind, so long as it is silent), however with the shutter sound, I can't, as it would be seen as a disruption. If I start taking pictures with this thing, I would most definitely be asked to leave.

I must say that Tizen was a very poor choice on Samsung's part. No apps exist (can't so much as use Twitter), and we can't do anything. It's quite frustrating.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

mrmrmrmr

Jan 14, 2007
I tried to compile the camera sample app in the Tizen wearable SDK.
unfortunately, I couldn't compile.
has anyone else tried that.
(well maybe if we can compile, we can remove the shutter sound from that app)

double07

May 14, 2008
Yeah, really need the ability to turn off the shutter sound. I tunred all shutter sound off on all my devices. At least the ability to low the sound.

mrmrmrmr

Jan 14, 2007
I have finally built the app but when I try to install with sdb.exe I get an error.
anyone else who can try ?

mrmrmrmr

Jan 14, 2007
If you root the Gear 2, there is an easier way of disabling Camera sounds:

http://www.tizenexperts.com/2014/06/hack-tizen-samsung-gear-2-gear-2-neo-get-root-access/

Rooting:
Instructions
Here are some instructions on how to Load into Odin and flash your device with the downloaded firmware

Download Odin 3.09, and extract it to its own folder
Download the rootfs.img file from the above links
Put your Gear 2 device into download mode
Launch Odin
Connect Smart watch to your PC
Make sure the settings are the default ones ie Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time selected
Select the AP Button
Navigate to where you downloaded the file and select it
Click on Start
Wait for it to finish.
In order to activate root you need the sdb.exe from Tizen-SDK, or equivalent file depending on your OS.

Disable camera sounds
sdb root on
sdb shell mount -o remount,rw /
sdb shell mv /usr/share/sounds/mm-camcorder/ /usr/share/sounds/mm-camcorder_bak/
sdb shell mv /usr/apps/com.samsung.w-camera-app/res/sounds /usr/apps/com.samsung.w-camera-app/res/sounds_bak
sdb shell mount -o remount,ro /

Reactions: GusBH123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please tell me I'm missing the setting to mute it??
    If you root the Gear 2, there is an easier way of disabling Camera sounds:

http://www.tizenexperts.com/2014/06/hack-tizen-samsung-gear-2-gear-2-neo-get-root-access/

Rooting:
    Instructions
    Here are some instructions on how to Load into Odin and flash your device with the downloaded firmware

Download Odin 3.09, and extract it to its own folder
    Download the rootfs.img file from the above links
    Put your Gear 2 device into download mode
    Launch Odin
    Connect Smart watch to your PC
    Make sure the settings are the default ones ie Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time selected
    Select the AP Button
    Navigate to where you downloaded the file and select it
    Click on Start
    Wait for it to finish.
    In order to activate root you need the sdb.exe from Tizen-SDK, or equivalent file depending on your OS.

Disable camera sounds
    sdb root on
    sdb shell mount -o remount,rw /
    sdb shell mv /usr/share/sounds/mm-camcorder/ /usr/share/sounds/mm-camcorder_bak/
    sdb shell mv /usr/apps/com.samsung.w-camera-app/res/sounds /usr/apps/com.samsung.w-camera-app/res/sounds_bak
    sdb shell mount -o remount,ro /