Very clean and stable WM6.5 roms for HP 6828 WWE 20100218 update 30/6.1 M2D V3.1

Search This thread

helloworld1

Sep 21, 2007
San Jose
After abandoning my 6828 for more than 2 years. Seems like there are still people using 6828.
Come on, get a cheat Android phone and it will be better.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i didnt open opera.if im not mistaken,i just open coreplayer.also,it happen when i open PIE too.

music widget,im trying yet.

Memory is the major problem for 6828 with M2D, can I upgrade it? ha..ha..ha :D :D

Some app use RAM as cache, opera take 4MB for cache and it not include the RAM to run the opera Program. I can make the WM not close some app, but the device will hang if the memory low/empty, Sword always have 2 side, you can avoid this priblem by buy new device witt official TouchFLO ha..ha..ha..:D
    can u help me to make youtube work on my rw6815 ?

whether the earlier you have try to install YouTube on your device ? :confused:

if not, use this apps Youtube
    WARNING: ROM Updating is NOT without risks. Please read the instructions carefully!

Preclude:
    I haven't expected my ROMs will still frerquently updated today. I want to thank all of you who help me. You can donate me if you like my rom. Even $0.02 will satisfy me and encourage me to further support the rom.

Acknowledge:
    Bepe for great tools. wuqiyu007 for porting XIP part. Garmin for great tutorials. abusalza for useful reference ROM. Homer285 for useful reference ROM. l3v5y's for great oem packages.
    All people who help me testing this rom especially hochengsoon, kusanagi, slys3171989 and edywanwan.
    ogel2, Tabbe and ronalddo for testing the atom rom.
    Special Thank to BesFen, he helps me making an Manila 2D enabled new ROM and give me many good suggestions.

Rom Selection Guide:

There are so many ROMs on my thread that the new comers can hardly find which one fit their needs. This section will describe each ROM concisely and state my suggestion.

->If you want a stable ROM with Chinese support:
    The main series of "clean and stable" ROM will fit you best. This ROM is also well supported by me and the stability is evaluated by time. I recommend you the b221 ROM.

->If you want to try something new and bleeding edge versions
    The WP 6.5 series ROM fit you best.

->If you want to try Manila 2D enabled ROM:
    There are 2 versions: Jade version and Besfen version. I do not support the Jade version very well due to time limitation. Besfen version is newer and supported by him. I think you can try Besfen's version first.

->If you want to make your own customization:
    Try my kitchen. It is supported by me and you can ask questions about it.

->If you want ROMs of other languages:
    There are CHS, CHT, GER versions.But they are unsupported and a little old. The stability is OK.

->If you want Atom ROM:
    THere are Atom-R2 Rom here. But it is not supported. You can try it.

HP6828 Clean and Stable WM6.1 WWE rom:
    The rom have Jade's kernel and kaiser's system as the base. The pagepool is 6M for stability as well as performance.
    If you want to know what is good about Windows Mobile 6.1 comparing to 6.0, you can read this small PDF file: http://www.mediafire.com/?xdlgomziwtq

HP 6828 Clean and Stable WWE ROM:

Features of this rom :
    1. Almost the same as the MS's Emulator's stable ROM.
    2. Add some of O2 and HP's OEM apps like camera and wireless manager.
    3. The HP's driver mixed with other enhancement.

Known bugs of this rom :
    1. The Bluetooth PAN is not working at all. I include Bluetooth DUN support as a workaround.
    2. In a very very rare case wi-fi will be on after reset.
    3. Battery life is slightly shorter but better performance. A patch is needed to get longer battery life. (Download patch from the second thread or use Schap's Advanced Configuration tool).
    4. The sound volume is a little low. SRS WOW HD will increase the volume dramatically.
    5. The Bluetooth A2DP auto connection is working but one need to turn the device's BT on first then headset's or it will not work.
    6. MMS program can not capture pictures and video.
    7. Ipaq audio's headset ability will be disabled when powered off then on. Click on the slide will activate it.
    8. Can not copy SMS to SIM card.(Thanks whtwww for notifying me the bug)
    9. The screen may shift after flashing the ROM. Workaround: Do a soft reset on the welcome screen and then recalibrate the screen.
    10. Bluetooth problem in WM 6.5 ROMs.

Update 20: 20081012,b189
    1. SYS: Brand new 19971 system bringing many new changes from M$'s newer stable system. Visible changes are "close icon", "alarm setting", "menu font size". There are also many internal changes.
    2. SYS: Memory management imporved.
    3. OEM: Bluetooth BPP removed. As it consume memory and ROM space but not useful.

Update 21: 20081028,b196
    1. SYS: Re-porting the 19971 XIP. It will be more stable. The shifted screen problem seems to be fixed. Memory will go down slower overtime. (This is a minor update without registry. You can restore backup from previous update)
    2. OEM: Remove "Activesync mode". It is the same as settings->Connections->USB to PC

Update 22: 20081209,b199
    1. SYS: Fix some VGA->QVGA problem in last release.
    2. OEM: Add bluetooth security.

Update 23: 20090129,b229
    1. Archsoft MMS update to latest version
    2. Internet Explorer Mobile 6
    3. Adobe Flash Lite 3.1 that is compatible with flash 8 and 9.
    4. Microsoft Touch. You can touch and scroll now!
    5. Windows Live updated to the latest version.
    6. Fix Button Lock Issue

Update 24: 20090517,b294
    1. Initial release based on WP 6.5
    Note: The bluetooth is not working very well. Some previously added OEMs has been deleted due to ROM space problem.

Update 25: 20090519,b299
    1. Fix some module addressing problems.
    2. Fix the sound problem after disconnecting bluetooth A2DP device.
    3. Windows Widget is left out in update 24, now it returns.
    4. Fix the ringtone mode setting problem. It will now save the user settings on ringtone and vibrate.

Update 26: 20090528,b307
    1. Fix the system sound problem after making bluetooth headset phone call.
    2. Fix some more module addressing problems. (Some software compatibility)

Update 27: 20090605,b317
    1. Rebase on the M$'s official emulator release.
    2. Now windows live is working.
    3. Now widget is linked correctly, try: http://rapidshare.com/files/240982956/Money.widget and http://rapidshare.com/files/240982612/Weather.widget

Update 28: 20090610,b318
    1. Stability Fix.

Update F: 20091012,b-f
    1. Rebase on M$'s new official system.
    2. Release with full set of kitchen including the XIP porting tools.

Update 30: 20100218,b337
    1. Rebase on M$'s new official 6.5.3 release.

Other ROMS:

HP 6828 Simplified Chinese ROM Special Release
    1. Based on b92 of WWE Rom with fixes and VoIP support. All OEM are Simplified Chinese.

HP 6828 Traditional Chinese ROM Release 2
    1. Include .NET Framework 3.5
    2. Notification sound fix.
    3. Camera importing function fixed.

HP 6828 German ROM Release 1
    1. Initial Release based on b137 of WWE Rom. Some OEM apps are still English.

Atom(WWE) release 1 ROM
    1. initial atom release based on b95 rom of HP's.

Atom(WWE) release 2 ROM
    Based on 6828's B156.
    20270 Kernel!
    Some HP Apps replaced with atom's.
    6815 Camera Patched ROM
    The camera works. But the picture is upside-down.

Jade version.
    I add a "secret" before just want to suprise you.
    This ROM conatains many resourses from HTC Jade aka HTC Touch 3G.
    It tries to resemble the HTC Jade in 6828.
    It is pure WWE ROM, and your location in reginal setting does not have your location, please ask me for a more complete wince.nls.
    It also does not have Microsoft Yahei font and the Windows Live.
    The changelog are long but most things are coming from HTC Jade.

Besfen's Effort to Add Manila 2D to WM6.14 ROM Update to B229:

Thanks Besfen to enhance the Manila 2D experience in my ROM.
    Manila 2D in B221 Hellowordl1's ROM:

1. Change HTC album to previous version, this fix HTC Album bug on Jade Secreet ROM (take from M2D thread).
    2. Fix Power/battery indicator in Setting System.
    3. Registry tweak, change the Task Manager Low memory of auto close app from 9MB to 3MB, so any app don't frequent close.
    4. Registry tweak, add M2D ass exclusive app in Task Manager, make M2D not frequent close.
    5. Change Internet Widget plugin to Internet Explorer.
    6. Change Internet Widget’s default Web Site to…of course this 1st page thread…ha…ha…ha…

Removed App in Original ROM:
    1. Transcribber, I get more free memori and ROM space.
    2. Adobe Flash.

Note:
    • Install Google Map to make Location Widget Work properly, you can download it from M2D forum.
    • Install You Tube App, You Tube Plugin in Internet widget will work properly, you can download it from M2D forum.

B229 updates V3:
    Based on clean ROM b229 and
    * Fix WMP problem in previous release.

Download Link M2D B221
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ygd5libzymy
    Download Link M2D B229 V3.1
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ki0n2odnmel

Kitchen World:
    The kitchen is a set of tool and files to rebuild and customize the ROM for convinence. I hope cookers enjoy these tools. I also released the non-supported 20273 system in hope of external force to stabilize it. Atom's kitchen is a little old. But it is still a good base to build atom's ROMs. Update f is essentially a new 6.5 kitchen. You can enjoy that more.

Donation
    Thank you very much for those who has donated and supported me. You do not need to donate as 6828 is not exciting any more. You can show your thanks by following this thread.
    guys wich is the most stable rom ? i instaled 2 or 3 from here but camera doesent work..can anybody tell me one good rom wich work camera wi.fi etc.Thaks!

Looks like you haven a RW6815? for this device there is a Patch... search for "pda-hack.net_hp_rw6815_camera_patch_wwe.CAB".

You should find it here on DA or try Google...
    rw6815 camera patch wwe.CAB also can be found at http://www.mediafire.com/?fzijmmt3q0j