[GUIDE] [HOWTO] Sync everything through Outlook

Search This thread

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Using this solution you'll be able to sync you Google, Yahoo, MSN Live/Hotmail account, to your Galaxy S with your Windows Mobile devices, PalmOS devices, and your BlackBerry devices, and perhaps even iphone ... (but why would you want to do that anyways)

Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010 (not free)
anyone reading this would probably have it installed already, if not then I'll really suggest not getting it at all, Outlook is the worst program ever invented. If you managed to live this long without Outlook, you'll be better off without it.

Mozilla Thunderbird is a great Desktop Sync with the Android via this App Thunderbird AB Sync Free
yet another great alternative is Android Manager via WiFi / USB

Yahoo Sync (free)
http://mail.zenfs.com/sync/YahooSync.msi

Microsoft Outlook Connector for Hotmail & MSN Live Sync 32bit (free)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displayLang=en

For PalmOS support add:
WinXP, Vista, 7 Palm Desktop 6.2
Additional info: Support info & system requirements

For Windows Mobile support add:
for WinXP get Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5
for WinVista/7 get Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 32bit.
note: don't bother with 64bit, too many support issues and but, it wont work with most sync software not even Outlook

For Galaxy S support add:
Samsung Kies
(for paranoids not wanting to sync to their Gmail accounts, Kies is the only solution)
note: normally I'll suggest using Android Manager on WiFi or USB to sync with the phone, but in this exercise we are syncing to all other devices & services via Outlook

For BlackBerry support add:
nothing BlackBerry by default syncs to the mail server of your email account, so even if you happen to be using any of the above or a private exchange server, you'll automatically get all the contacts, calendar & emails, without installing the BlackBerry desktop software.
Desktop Software v6.0 B47

For Iphone support add:
sorry, no soup for you! :)
go back to iTunes

Once you have downloaded & installed all of the above components or the ones you've chosen, you'll need to configure them with the accounts of choices that you want to sync across the multiple accounts and multiple devices.

For example Kies, Palm Desktop, Yahoo Sync, BlackBerry Desktop, and if you are daring iTunes, they will all need to be configured to Sync with Outlook.

Outlook will become the center point where all the devices meet, sync each device with its respective software app, and then use Outlook to manage all your contacts & calendars, optionally the email too if you wish to do that.

Once all the devices are sync-ed into Outlook and have cleaned up all the mess of Contacts and Calendars, now you can easily copy & paste the same info across KiGoo to sync all the stuff into your Gmail accounts, Yahoo sync once configure it will automatically Sync everything back to your Yahoo account, the Outlook Connector sync (when it feels like working) will also sync everything back to your MSN Live / Hotmail account, but you still need to copy & paste info across between your Outlook Local folders to the Outlook Connector folders, just the same as KiGoo.

Now all your accounts on Google, Yahoo, MSN Live / Hotmail are Sync-ed and all have the same information.

When everything is sorted out at the end, you just need to press Sync again back on the original software for Kies, PalmOS, Active Sync, iTunes, etc... will sync back the same information to each respective devices.

That is how i maintain my old Treo, HTC phones, BB, and all other old devices active and in sync with my new Galaxy S device.
icon11.gif

Last edited:

vnuh

Feb 22, 2007
Thanks for the sharing, Allgamer, however I couldn't download the Android Manager via WiFi / USB, trying to search the file name on google but came up with some wierd thing. Can you kindly help upload the file / sharing a mirror.

Thanks.

T

Tehpriest

Or you could buy Companionlink and plug in the USB and Sync away to your hearts content. Also works via Googlemail which is the way I use it so everything is auto sync'd both ways live just like Blackberry.

saymirra

Sep 30, 2010
Hi,

Why so many apps? Have you tried apps from slipstick.com? I picked CodeTwo Public Folders - just google it - i cannot add any links.

hey.. anyway there's a movie about syncing 'everything' on youtube. just search for "How to sync everything":)

LOL!

Thanks for this post!

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
i checked both websites you mentioned, they are paid products, the and the 2nd one doesn't do what the topic is about.

all it does is export everything to CSV file which is not the intent of this topic

the topic is about keeping everything in Sync on a Daily / Hourly basis

you can't expect people to be exporting CSV file left and right to import it back every day or every hour

Hi all...

Just wondering, did some seearches on the internet, but couldn't find any working syncs between Lotus Notes and Android phone.

I found couple of solutions, but it includes uploading to google calendar and then to Android phone, but can't do this, it is agains't company's policy.

Any help would be appreciated.

alpman77

Feb 18, 2011
hi
I am thinkig of purchasing nexus s, however I have a question.
I use MS outlook for calendar and contacts heavily. Will it be possible to sync nexus s with microsoft outlook's contacts and calendar. This is important for me.
There are some apps above but nexus s is not mentioned.
How will I sync it? Via nexus' original contacts and calendar or will I need special apps. Will I need to install any apps to the PC (other than outlook, which is already installed, of course).
I am just quite new to this site. And new to the android world.. nexus s will be my first. Currently I am using i780 and the thing I like most or only in this phone is I really sync it very easily, by just connecting it to usb. It will be great if I can find similar way in my future nexus s.
I prefer free. But please write your comments of companionlink or other SW, your comments, maybe a brief review. A video, if available, will be great...

Thanks.
alpman77

melvinaury

Jan 11, 2009
Hatillo
HI:

I use Outlook to manage my calendar and contacts and E-Mails.

What I do is:

For calendar download google calendar zync.
for Contact download go contacts zync.
E-Mail configure gmail in Outlook as IMAP. In G-Mail configure you're account to check the e-mail from hotmail and yahoo.

In this way I have all my information in Outlook zync with google. Google has all the information zync in my phone.

Before I use my phone explorer but I had problems with the calendar and the contacts that you create in Outlook was zync in the phone as local contact not gmail contact.

sgvparel

Aug 21, 2010
Android Manager is free and good for Outlook sync

Hello,

I have been using the Android manager (AM) on my sidekick 4G and a rooted HTC HD2, both from TMobile USA. Its from MobileAction.com and you need the Android Manager (server) on the PC with your Outlook, and then install the AM Wifi on the phone. You need to have both the PC and phone on the same LAN/Wifi n/w and then use the IP and a code that shows up on the AM Wifi on the phone and enter them on the AM on the PC. Once both are connected the syncing starts and you can choose what to sync and what not. By the way Outlook displays a warning asking you whether to permit or not an access to the Outlook data files. You have to let the access to sync and I normally allow it for 10 minutes as the first sync takes about that time. Only drawback I saw is that I cannot have multiple sync settings for both my devices as the code and IP address are different for both phones. I have to change them each time. Not sure is it can be done any other way. Anyway, just in case anyone wants to try out AM.