[rom][8/1] paranoidandroid 3.91 | 4.3

Should Paranoid Android change to an AOSP base.

• Yes, AOSP base with a few features from cm

Votes: 277 63.2%
  • NO, stick with a cm base(current base)

Votes: 161 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Element515

Jun 26, 2011
2.531 doesn't change the nav bar colors. How did something fixed get broken again so fast from 2.53

Edit...actually, it does work now. It took time to take effect? Idk

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
Is there a reason why I have to flash the Google Apps and sign in at boot each time I flash without wiping data? I've purposefully been lagging behind on PA updates for this reason. No other Android device I've ever rooted or flashed as made me do this before. It's getting really irritating, because it also seems to break all my Google Authentication apps (greader, groveip, voice, etc).

I love the ROM, but if I have to keep losing all my Google stuff each time I update, I'll probably have to just stick with one release (not that that's an issue or anything)

akoepke

Dec 16, 2010
Perth
2.531 is up with fixed power menu and a bunch of SQL edge case fixes

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2

I updated to 2.531 and have had a small problem with the power menu. First time after updating Expanded Desktop worked, was able to enable and then disable. Next time I went to use it option wasn't there. When I go to the System item in the settings I have 2 Expanded Desktop options. One does nothing and the other activates right away. I can then turn it off via the Power menu but then the option disappears again.

Everything else works without issue.

Jay Aristide

Jun 27, 2011
Dyer, Tennessee
www.daede.com
Is there a reason why I have to flash the Google Apps and sign in at boot each time I flash without wiping data? I've purposefully been lagging behind on PA updates for this reason. No other Android device I've ever rooted or flashed as made me do this before. It's getting really irritating, because it also seems to break all my Google Authentication apps (greader, groveip, voice, etc).

I love the ROM, but if I have to keep losing all my Google stuff each time I update, I'll probably have to just stick with one release (not that that's an issue or anything)

When you flash the rom, immediately flash google apps (without rebooting). Then reboot once you've done that. You won't have to sign in again it'll just work :)

Reactions: LiquidSolstice

zimphishmonger

Jun 4, 2009
I updated to 2.531 and have had a small problem with the power menu. First time after updating Expanded Desktop worked, was able to enable and then disable. Next time I went to use it option wasn't there. When I go to the System item in the settings I have 2 Expanded Desktop options. One does nothing and the other activates right away. I can then turn it off via the Power menu but then the option disappears again.

Everything else works without issue.

Pretty sure I can confirm this issue. My experience is below :

Not sure if it's just me but expanded desktop is broken. You can enable it in power menu, which immediately hides the navigation bar as it's enabled by default (not sure why). When you re enable the expanded desktop to bring the navigation bar back, the expanded desktop options is no longer available when you hold down power. Anyone else?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited:

gnam

Jul 14, 2007
In the last update 2.531 is the changing nav bar color fixed?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

coversnail

Jun 22, 2011
Pretty sure I can confirm this issue. My experience is below :

Not sure if it's just me but expanded desktop is broken. You can enable it in power menu, which immediately hides the navigation bar as it's enabled by default (not sure why). When you re enable the expanded desktop to bring the navigation bar back, the expanded desktop options is no longer available when you hold down power. Anyone else?

Sent from my Nexus 7

I get this behavior too, I need to do some wipes and then get some logcats to properly confirm though. This is may well be caused because expanded desktop functionality was added to cyanogenmod. So there may be two different implementations of it interfering with each other.

Last edited:

zimphishmonger

Jun 4, 2009
I get this behavior too, I need to do some wipes and then get some logcats to properly confirm though. This is may well be caused because expanded desktop functionality was added to cyanogenmod. So there may be two different implementations of it interfering with each other.

I wasn't aware of that merge, that does sound quite possible

Sent from my Nexus 7

akoepke

Dec 16, 2010
Perth

Makes sense that their implementation might interfere. Read a post about it earlier today. http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...-hides-navigation-buttons-and-the-status-bar/

coversnail

Jun 22, 2011
Looking on the paranoid android gerrit it looks clear that they are aware and have fixed the expanded desktop issue, the patches weren't merged until after the latest build so the next time we get a build this should all be fixed.

This commit fixes the dupe menu entry: http://review.paranoid-rom.com/#/c/283/

Problems with the 'per app navigation bar colour' fixed here: http://review.paranoid-rom.com/#/c/285/

Interestingly they aren't going to included the new cyanogenmod file manager: http://review.paranoid-rom.com/#/c/277/

Last edited:

Keitaro

May 11, 2006
Looking on the paranoid android gerrit it looks clear that they are aware and have fixed the expanded desktop issue, the patches weren't merged until after the latest build so the next time we get a build this should all be fixed.

Thanks for digging that info up for us. I will be holding off upgrading from 2.50 until then :)

zinfinion

Jul 9, 2012

This commit fixes the dupe menu entry: http://review.paranoid-rom.com/#/c/283/

Problems with the 'per app navigation bar colour' fixed here: http://review.paranoid-rom.com/#/c/285/

Interestingly they aren't going to included the new cyanogenmod file manager: http://review.paranoid-rom.com/#/c/277/

Nice finds. I have to say I agree on not including the CM File Manager. Rom Toolbox Pro/Root Browser is the first thing that gets installed on a fresh ROM for me anyhow so a built in file manager is rather redundant.

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
Sorryguys, last cm sync made a huge, enormous mess, so much broke at once we didnt even suspect whats coming. I just updated to 2.53 on my nex7 and its basically screwed. We fixed some of it, but denesh rewrote the buttoncontrol and this one gives us some headaches but it'll be fine soon.

Please head to the nexus maguro section aswell for news about 4.2. Much will change, we're leaving cm to avoid outages like this for one. Pa will base on pure, optimized aosp. And theres some fresh features coming up you tablet users will love.

Krunk_Kracker

Sep 13, 2009
Somewhere in Florida
Sorryguys, last cm sync made a huge, enormous mess, so much broke at once we didnt even suspect whats coming. I just updated to 2.53 on my nex7 and its basically screwed. We fixed some of it, but denesh rewrote the buttoncontrol and this one gives us some headaches but it'll be fine soon.

Please head to the nexus maguro section aswell for news about 4.2. Much will change, we're leaving cm to avoid outages like this for one. Pa will base on pure, optimized aosp. And theres some fresh features coming up you tablet users will love.

I'll post it here, if you don't mind :)

some news about our plans - we have talked things through and have a pretty good idea now what will come. here's what we're gonna do:

1. we will leave cyanogenmod and base on aosp. i explained why already, in short: aosp is optimized for our devicefamily, its the best base for nexus devices hands down. we'll be free of mods and changes that we dont support and we'll not suffer from the endless nightly process that will always make releasing a gamble.

2. we will cherrypick features back in that we think are needed, and yes it'll include some cm functionality like theming engine. all our own features will be back and hybrid engine will run underneath like always. the rom will be lightweight though, more stock oriented. we'll also use our own gapps packages to bring in the real google experience as aosp apps are kinda lacking connectivity.

3. we have a couple of things in mind that will again be fresh and new, this rom will be the new focus of our inventions. right now we're the only rom that has per-app dpi/layout and color, and it changed alot. this is still the only rom with a somewhat useful tabletUI. everyone who's tried build.prop tablet mode roms or that "real tabletUI" nonsense in aokp knows it. our upcoming modifications will utilize hybrid engine for many other things, we'll work on that launch-thing to open it up to user customization and eventually we plan a, as of yet top-secret, systemUI addition which will change the way people operate their devices, to the better of course.

4. cm-pa may still continue, we dont stop the git and people can always sync it up to date. but we'll not bother with that one for longer.

5. jesus will take over this thread, im gonna build for nexus4 and probably nexus10 unless we find a dev willing to take that one over. i will sell my nex7, aaron builds for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

stijndebruin

Dec 3, 2010
Amsterdam
Wauw, big plans.
One of the reasons I use this was because it was cm based, and I had good experience with cm. Now however the features of paranoid are more important to me than cm features, and I have complete faith in the choices of cherry picks made by the pa team.
Really enjoying pa 2.5 still and looking forward to all future builds. Thanks pa team. And good luck!

Reactions: horqai and adefxda

Element515

Jun 26, 2011
That sounds great... Does that mean no more trebuchet? I think I liked the stock launcher a little better anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

kernel source

FEATURES for 3.0+,

• Hybrid engine,
      Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
      Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
      Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
      Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
      You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
      Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
      Theming Engine
      Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
      Multiuser support
      Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
      4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
      As we merge back our old CMPA feature catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks
      New holo-styled theme chooser
      T9 dialer
      New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

PARANOIDANDROID 2.16 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode | Click and see

Just in case...

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

shots_12pk0x.png

BE WARNED, 4.2.0 is not the most bugless android, the issues are known.

INSTRUCTIONS,
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS, FIX-IF ANY
    4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    5. REBOOT
    PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

Changelogs are on the paranoid andorid google+ page

Know bugs:
    graphical glitch when using pie

CREDITS,
    AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past, heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png

aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png

aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png

aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

State of Paranoia 11/14/12

We have forked all the required repos, for a aosp based pa and are hard at work on getting pa 3.0 ready. I have a grouper repo set up and building! We are still a ways away from giving you the goodness you love, but we do have the following.

Multi-user support on phones!!!
    begings of a pa exclusive feature!!!!
    Power menu options.
    Hybrid rewrite-planed for this weekend.

Stay Paranoid,
    aaronpoweruser