|EXCA|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM Series 1.0 21048 - HTC Snap based ROM ** || Build 52409 |

Search This thread

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
Hey Thanks for the apps and instructions for them. ****UPDATE**** The Resco Explorer icon/program does not work it keeps saying make sure everything is installed and that all the required library are present. The icon you created for BaseHue didn't work I had to create one from the windows folder using my computer but BaseHue does work and I had no problems with CeleCmd. I did reboot my device before I tried the programs out.

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether or not Resco Explorer would work that way... if someone knows what other file(s) need to be included to make it work, I'll try to find them.

Also, has anyone tried out the 96dpi conversion to see if it works ok on this ROM?

Last edited:

jeanpiere

May 31, 2007
96dpi works. . . but needs work

i managed to get the 96dpi (ROSE ver.) to work for this ROM, however the status icons at the top of the screen now appear as white blocks, also, due to whatever method used to skin the start menu, the background look rather messed up.:cool:

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
Resco Explorer: After some poking around, I believe I've found why the Resco Explorer I attached earlier didn't work. I think I've found the corresponding DLL's needed to make it work, and am including the two registry entries that I believe should make it work. Using the attached zip, just copy the exe and dll files to Windows. Put the shortcut wherever you want in the Start Menu or subdirectory, add the two reg entries and soft-reset.

BaseHue: Evidently the shortcut didn't work before, so I've included a revised shortcut along with the exe in the new attached zip below.

CeleCmd: No changes, just broke this out into its own file.

SMSToolsPack: After poking around this application some more, it seems there are several registry entries required to make this work (if anyone was able to get it to work using my earlier files, let me know). Anyway, that being the case, I am attaching a new zip which includes all exe and dll files to be copied to \Windows. Additionally, I've included a CCS file that you need to open in CeleCmd to automatically edit the registry and create a link to SMSToolsPack in the \Start Menu\Tweaks folder. If you do not want to install CeleCmd, you can create a shortcut and put it wherever you want, and open the CCS inside Notepad to see what registry entries need to be made.

Again, if anyone has a problem installing Resco Explorer or SMSToolsPack, let me know. I'm still new to adding software in this way, so I apologize for the confusion.

Attachments

• BaseHue.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 30
  • CeleCmd.zip
    41.9 KB · Views: 37
  • SMSToolsPack.zip
    121.6 KB · Views: 44

CacoPelao

May 22, 2008
@NRGZ28 is there any way that u can take out the Connection Setup from this rom and post it here, I'll like to keep this connection setup because it seems to be the most complete and has support for all the carriers in the Dominican Republic...

thanks in advance!

Empel1960

Mar 7, 2007
Youtube

Hi NRGZ,

The youtube version with the ROM as you stated on your first post it doesn't work, but this version does, I don't know if you want to incorporate in the future or people can install independently.

Regards,

Enrique

Attachments

• youtube.CAB
    636.3 KB · Views: 109

LiverpoolFCfan

Dec 8, 2006
Dublin
WifiInit & SAPSettings causing problems ?

*** EDIT - Yesterday - these tweaks worked like a dream. Today - none works. Tried re-flash a couple of times. Cannot get CommManager.exe to run successfully ***

I flashed the ROM to my spare phone today. I love the look and feel of it - great job NRG - but I have experienced major issues, and have been troubleshooting ever since. Here is what I have seen to date.

I could never get a clean boot - i.e. one where WiFiInit finished. It was always there under Celetask Process lists. And, as has been pointed out by NRG - it seems to make CommManager hang if it is not finished.

Well, I went one further still, and it seems to me that there is some correlation with the SAPSettings.exe too.

I went into the Registry and renamed the "Module" Value to prevent SAPSettings.exe from being run at startup. In addition, I moved the WiFiInit.lnk from \windows\startup into MyDocuments.

On rebooting without these two startup items, and leaving the phone until it had completely settled down (screen blanked out) before pressing any keys,
I could start CommManager.exe successfully. It would turn Bluetooth On/Off. Of course WiFi wouldn't turn on/off as it is not initialized.

However, with this running, I could use File Manager to go to MyDocuments, and manually run WiFiInit. On doing so I could go back to CommManager and enable WiFi and connect to my home network.

All other sequences caused a hang of some kind.

If SAPSettings was allowed to start, it would stay in running processes (which may be correct by the way) but CommManager would hang regardless of whether WiFiInit was run or not.

If I didn't let the phone complete starting up everything that starts in the background, and pressed the Start-Menu to start CommManager more quickly, it would hang.

It also seems like regardless of how long I wait - if I have not run CommManager before running WiFiInit - then WiFiInit will hang.

I did notice that when it is loaded fast, it loads 20 additional DLLs - whereas when it is allowed to wait longer it loads 22 DLLs, including an et9 one. Maybe there are clues there for people more smart than me to figure out what the reasons for the hanging are ?

Other symptoms I have seen of the same problem when WifiInit has hung. File Manager menu would not load - it would hang.

Right now - having loaded the phone in my "slow mode" it seems that everything is running right (don't have a way to test BT SAP profile) and phone is very responsive.

Perhaps there is a way of forcing a delay in the loading of WifiInit (and maybe pre-running CommManager) that will make the phone more stable - as it certainly appears to do so - and I am sure everyone would be prepared to wait for a minute to start Wi-Fi if it added stability.

Interested to see if anyone else can see similar results to this.

Last edited:

LiverpoolFCfan

Dec 8, 2006
Dublin
CHome Wireless Manager link fix

For anyone who found the CHome link to Wireless Manager (CommManager) doesn't work, there is a simple fix.

The program name has one too many "m"s in it. It has 4 instead of 3.

Use the CHome editor to remove one "m" and it works correctly.

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
i managed to get the 96dpi (ROSE ver.) to work for this ROM, however the status icons at the top of the screen now appear as white blocks, also, due to whatever method used to skin the start menu, the background look rather messed up.:cool:
The sys is different so the icons maybe different. I will check it out.

May 27, 2008
Wfi

When I go into the comm manager wifi is greyed out, I have to actually hit settings>wlan and turn it on that way to get it to work.

Any ideas anyone?

ratstrangler

May 29, 2008
Cymer
Firstly - I love this. It is the first ROM on which I have been able to use MMS during the year I've owned the device.

I know.

Big deal.

"Ooh. Wow. Pictures on your telephone Grandad. Have you heard about this new-fangled fire thing ...?"

Anyway, having sent pictures of my nostrils to EVERYBODY in my Contacts folder, I am now loathe to lose this magic abilty and so have rolled my sleeves up to help where I can.

So - I followed LiverpoolFCfans' guide and - broke it. :(

I renamed the Registry entry to Modulexz and moved WiFiInit.lnk to MyDocuments, restarted the phone and left it a couple of minutes to settle down. Excitedly, I started CommManager from the Start manager and the whirlygig cursor appeared and outstayed its' welcome big time.

I showed no fear and, with purpose, started WiFiInit anyway. When it became apparent that this hadn't helped, I rebooted the phone and tried again.

A few times.

With similar results - unresponsive phone, apps failing to start, sometimes a total lockout and, oddly, the clock has now lost 3 minutes.

What have I done wrong?

Any ideas?

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
The icons at the top are definitely different. Is this just a matter of modifying your application by adding the new icons?
Basically yea. I want to wait a bit until a more stable release of the ROM is out to make sure nothing else changes with the DLL's etc. Then I will update the topbar icons for my 96 dpi app. Keep checking my thread for updates. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=486339.

Maybe NRGZ28 can make a 96dpi version of the ROM?? :)

Adaho0

Jan 13, 2008
When I go into the comm manager wifi is greyed out, I have to actually hit settings>wlan and turn it on that way to get it to work.

Any ideas anyone?

Same to me.. Plus this relase seems to be a bit slower than previous... but IMHO only:)
Thanks guys for all Your posts.. You're awesome.. Hehh..Excalibur family :D

Adaho0

Jan 13, 2008
family is called xda developers :D

Of coz, but I rather think about this topic/all Exca topics :)

But You're right.
And sorry for off-topic.

Bad news, I have terrible power battery drain after replacing slim 960mAh to fat 1550 mAh... Both original HTC.. Testing now.. Maybe it's accident.

s1l3nt

Jan 15, 2009
Of coz, but I rather think about this topic/all Exca topics :)

But You're right.
And sorry for off-topic.

Bad news, I have terrible power battery drain after replacing slim 960mAh to fat 1550 mAh... Both original HTC.. Testing now.. Maybe it's accident.

might be the battery i gotta get me one of those big ones

LiverpoolFCfan

Dec 8, 2006
Dublin

I renamed the Registry entry to Modulexz and moved WiFiInit.lnk to MyDocuments, restarted the phone and left it a couple of minutes to settle down. Excitedly, I started CommManager from the Start manager and the whirlygig cursor appeared and outstayed its' welcome big time.

I showed no fear and, with purpose, started WiFiInit anyway. When it became apparent that this hadn't helped, I rebooted the phone and tried again.

A few times.

With similar results - unresponsive phone, apps failing to start, sometimes a total lockout and, oddly, the clock has now lost 3 minutes.

What have I done wrong?

Any ideas?

Unfortunately, not !

Same for me today. Yesterday life was beautiful. I restarted maybe six or seven times using that same procedure. Today - nothing works. I cannot get CommManager.exe to run successfully.

Hopefully NRG can figure something out.

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
*** EDIT - Yesterday - these tweaks worked like a dream. Today - none works. Tried re-flash a couple of times. Cannot get CommManager.exe to run successfully ***

I flashed the ROM to my spare phone today. I love the look and feel of it - great job NRG - but I have experienced major issues, and have been troubleshooting ever since. Here is what I have seen to date.

I could never get a clean boot - i.e. one where WiFiInit finished. It was always there under Celetask Process lists. And, as has been pointed out by NRG - it seems to make CommManager hang if it is not finished.

Well, I went one further still, and it seems to me that there is some correlation with the SAPSettings.exe too.

I went into the Registry and renamed the "Module" Value to prevent SAPSettings.exe from being run at startup. In addition, I moved the WiFiInit.lnk from \windows\startup into MyDocuments.

On rebooting without these two startup items, and leaving the phone until it had completely settled down (screen blanked out) before pressing any keys,
I could start CommManager.exe successfully. It would turn Bluetooth On/Off. Of course WiFi wouldn't turn on/off as it is not initialized.

However, with this running, I could use File Manager to go to MyDocuments, and manually run WiFiInit. On doing so I could go back to CommManager and enable WiFi and connect to my home network.

All other sequences caused a hang of some kind.

If SAPSettings was allowed to start, it would stay in running processes (which may be correct by the way) but CommManager would hang regardless of whether WiFiInit was run or not.

If I didn't let the phone complete starting up everything that starts in the background, and pressed the Start-Menu to start CommManager more quickly, it would hang.

It also seems like regardless of how long I wait - if I have not run CommManager before running WiFiInit - then WiFiInit will hang.

I did notice that when it is loaded fast, it loads 20 additional DLLs - whereas when it is allowed to wait longer it loads 22 DLLs, including an et9 one. Maybe there are clues there for people more smart than me to figure out what the reasons for the hanging are ?

Other symptoms I have seen of the same problem when WifiInit has hung. File Manager menu would not load - it would hang.

Right now - having loaded the phone in my "slow mode" it seems that everything is running right (don't have a way to test BT SAP profile) and phone is very responsive.

Perhaps there is a way of forcing a delay in the loading of WifiInit (and maybe pre-running CommManager) that will make the phone more stable - as it certainly appears to do so - and I am sure everyone would be prepared to wait for a minute to start Wi-Fi if it added stability.

Interested to see if anyone else can see similar results to this.

Good detective work! :p I will play with it some more as well, hopefully we can figure this out. Might have to go back to the stock comm manager, because I noticed wifiinit wont even run if the comm manager exe is not present on the system drive.

Any ideas anyone?

You must be have been connected to activesync. When you are, wifi is greyed out... it's a "feature" in the latest HTC phones.

Basically yea. I want to wait a bit until a more stable release of the ROM is out to make sure nothing else changes with the DLL's etc. Then I will update the topbar icons for my 96 dpi app. Keep checking my thread for updates. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=486339.

Maybe NRGZ28 can make a 96dpi version of the ROM?? :)

The system icons will not change, I can tell you that for sure. I will look into this 96 dpi thing :)

Firstly - I love this. It is the first ROM on which I have been able to use MMS during the year I've owned the device.

I know.

Big deal.

"Ooh. Wow. Pictures on your telephone Grandad. Have you heard about this new-fangled fire thing ...?"

Anyway, having sent pictures of my nostrils to EVERYBODY in my Contacts folder, I am now loathe to lose this magic abilty and so have rolled my sleeves up to help where I can.

A few times.

What have I done wrong?

Any ideas?

We'll fix it eventually, dont worry. It's only the first release :p

Unfortunately, not !

Same for me today. Yesterday life was beautiful. I restarted maybe six or seven times using that same procedure. Today - nothing works. I cannot get CommManager.exe to run successfully.

Hopefully NRG can figure something out.

We will :p