just got my Trident Kraken AMS today!

Search This thread
I have the GLAS.t screen protector on my phone and I was worried about fitment, but I took a shot at it anyway.

The case consists of 2 individual layers: the first is a silicone case, which is just the more casual Trident Perseus, and the 2nd is the polycarbonate addon which turns it into the Kraken. You can use only the silicone layer if you like.
There were no fitment issues with just the silicone layer since it's flexible, but when I added the polycarbonate layer, it became a little tricky because of my thick GLAS.t screen protector. The fit is very tight and it took me a little adjusting to get it to sit well, but it's working well now.

The only gripes I have so far is the cover for the S-pen. Unlike the USB and headphone covers, there are no hinges or anything to secure the S-pen cover to the rest of the case, so it's just left hanging there all loose and free to flap around. You will be able to see it in the pictures. The second gripe I have is the kickstand. It's secured very tightly. Whenever I pop it out, it makes a loud popping sound and it feel like it's going to break off from the case.

Other than those issues, which are minor to me, I'm loving this case! It overall feels hefty and very solid in the hands. This case is huuuuge compared to my Seidio Active. It makes the already huge Galaxy Note even bigger and heavier. This case is not for everyone, but I figure if you are the type that would buy the Kraken, size shouldn't be an issue to you. If you do want the flexibility of going less rugged when you want, you can always just remove the polycarbonate layer.

Here are some pictures I just snapped:
img0890no.jpg

img0891v.jpg

img0892kf.jpg

img0893za.jpg

img0894t.jpg

img0896k.jpg

img0897g.jpg

You can clearly see the S-pen cover here:
img0899ge.jpg

And here:
img0902rewz.jpg

img0903eg.jpg

Here's the case with just the silicone layer:
img0904v.jpg

img0905fj.jpg

Here's one comparing the sizes of the Seidio Active and just the silicone layer of the Trident Kraken. They are about the same thickness and same size, with the Trident just a hair taller.
img0908l.jpg

Here's one comparing the size of the Kraken and the naked Note:
img0909b.jpg

Here's some comparing the thickness of the Kraken and the naked Note:
img0910aj.jpg

img0912v.jpg

As you can see, it pretty much doubles the thickness of the phone.

Last edited:

sankeerths

Aug 18, 2010
You can use only the silicone layer if you like.
Unlike the USB and headphone covers, there are no hinges or anything to secure the S-pen cover to the rest of the case, so it's just left hanging there all loose and free to flap around.

damn it i thought this was perfect case which protects the stylus :( hope they add some hinges or something
Thanks a lot for pics and review was waiting for this review :)
can u post some pics with only silicon layer if possible :)

Sobakel

Mar 7, 2012
Do you plan on using that thing as a cannonball? Why so bulky protection :S ?!

zkyevolved

Apr 17, 2008
With a case like that, I'd expect you're in construction about 500 feet off the floor! lol

andre0407

Mar 5, 2012
Thanks for the thought and many pictures! It certainly helped me arrive at a concrete decision to buy the case. Would you share how thick it was with the outer shell on too?

Souai

Jun 28, 2011
Adelaide
this reminds me of the ballistic hardcore case i had for my old motorola atrix. that thing could take a drop, accidentally dropped it from the roof, atrix still ran fine, not a single scratch or crack on the atrix, and the case just had a few scratches.

if this case is anything like the ballistic hardcore, it will last you a while.

the only thing i dont like is that it makes the larger galaxy note even larger.

yeahmon

Oct 10, 2011
Sarasota, FL
The photos of it on their website make it look like a flat black, but yours looks glossy. Is it because of your flash, or is the hard plastic gloss black?

damn it i thought this was perfect case which protects the stylus :( hope they add some hinges or something

I'll take some pictures of it later on tonight.

Thanks for the thought and many pictures! It certainly helped me arrive at a concrete decision to buy the case. Would you share how thick it was with the outer shell on too?

I think it doubles the thickness of the phone. I'll take some pictures later on combaring the thickness of the phone to the case.

The photos of it on their website make it look like a flat black, but yours looks glossy. Is it because of your flash, or is the hard plastic gloss black?

The silicone is flat black and the outer shell is like semi gloss black.

I added a few more pictures to my first post with just the silicone layer and comparing the sizes.

Do you plan on using that thing as a cannonball? Why so bulky protection :S ?!

Self defense! God help whoever that tries to mug me! It'd be like chucking a brick at his face!
Seriously though, I love the way rugged cases look. I like to be able to be rough with the phone without worrying about damage, and the large cases provide me a better grip of the phone while using it.

this reminds me of the ballistic hardcore case i had for my old motorola atrix. that thing could take a drop, accidentally dropped it from the roof, atrix still ran fine, not a single scratch or crack on the atrix, and the case just had a few scratches.

if this case is anything like the ballistic hardcore, it will last you a while.

the only thing i dont like is that it makes the larger galaxy note even larger.

I also had that same case for my Atrix and I loved it. The Kraken is kinda like reversed of the Ballistic HC case. The Ballistic HC case has the silicone layer on the outside while the Kraken has the silicone layer on the inside.

Can you let me know how's the protection on the edges. I would really appreciate it

The edges are pretty strong too as it has the silicone layer reinforced by a hard polycarbonate layer.

aditya_reds

Feb 12, 2012
My question is actually regarding the Seidio Active Case, how is the case and is it worth going for that case, since i actually like the design more...

If u can post a pic or two it would be highly appreciated with the Seidio case...

sankeerths

Aug 18, 2010
Hey thanks a lot for silicon cover photos :) i m in love with kraken :)
how abt comparing naken note vs seido like ur last but 1 photo :)
btw i saw many you tube videos of kraken for other mobiles they all had built in screen protector like defender case from otter box .....did they remove it?
what abt holster ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the GLAS.t screen protector on my phone and I was worried about fitment, but I took a shot at it anyway.

The case consists of 2 individual layers: the first is a silicone case, which is just the more casual Trident Perseus, and the 2nd is the polycarbonate addon which turns it into the Kraken. You can use only the silicone layer if you like.
    There were no fitment issues with just the silicone layer since it's flexible, but when I added the polycarbonate layer, it became a little tricky because of my thick GLAS.t screen protector. The fit is very tight and it took me a little adjusting to get it to sit well, but it's working well now.

The only gripes I have so far is the cover for the S-pen. Unlike the USB and headphone covers, there are no hinges or anything to secure the S-pen cover to the rest of the case, so it's just left hanging there all loose and free to flap around. You will be able to see it in the pictures. The second gripe I have is the kickstand. It's secured very tightly. Whenever I pop it out, it makes a loud popping sound and it feel like it's going to break off from the case.

Other than those issues, which are minor to me, I'm loving this case! It overall feels hefty and very solid in the hands. This case is huuuuge compared to my Seidio Active. It makes the already huge Galaxy Note even bigger and heavier. This case is not for everyone, but I figure if you are the type that would buy the Kraken, size shouldn't be an issue to you. If you do want the flexibility of going less rugged when you want, you can always just remove the polycarbonate layer.

Here are some pictures I just snapped:
    img0890no.jpg

img0891v.jpg

img0892kf.jpg

img0893za.jpg

img0894t.jpg

img0896k.jpg

img0897g.jpg

You can clearly see the S-pen cover here:
    img0899ge.jpg

And here:
    img0902rewz.jpg

img0903eg.jpg

Here's the case with just the silicone layer:
    img0904v.jpg

img0905fj.jpg

Here's one comparing the sizes of the Seidio Active and just the silicone layer of the Trident Kraken. They are about the same thickness and same size, with the Trident just a hair taller.
    img0908l.jpg

Here's one comparing the size of the Kraken and the naked Note:
    img0909b.jpg

Here's some comparing the thickness of the Kraken and the naked Note:
    img0910aj.jpg

img0912v.jpg

As you can see, it pretty much doubles the thickness of the phone.

I'll take some pictures of it later on tonight.

I think it doubles the thickness of the phone. I'll take some pictures later on combaring the thickness of the phone to the case.

The silicone is flat black and the outer shell is like semi gloss black.
    After a nuclear war there will be 3 things left dust, fog and your phone :D
    Whats the link to buy it and does it fit the extra large batteries?
    My question is actually regarding the Seidio Active Case, how is the case and is it worth going for that case, since i actually like the design more...

If u can post a pic or two it would be highly appreciated with the Seidio case...

+1 to that. Looks great.

Can it be used with the outer skeleton?