How to get app reviewed and increase the downloads??

Search This thread

prakash.jai

Oct 27, 2013
People who has downloaded the app used it have given good rating and feedback. But still downloads are not at all increasing.
All my request to app info sites for review has not been replied or they will ask for money :( :(
Looks like there is no scope for good developers with no budget :( :( :(

elban

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2009
Venice
www.opbyte.it
People who has downloaded the app used it have given good rating and feedback. But still downloads are not at all increasing.
All my request to app info sites for review has not been replied or they will ask for money :( :(
Looks like there is no scope for good developers with no budget :( :( :(

That's not true: if the app is worth it will be reviewed by some important site such as xda portal (for free) and will start getting a good amount of downloads. Of course you need to keep on promoting on the forums etc.
By the way, what's your application?

prakash.jai

Oct 27, 2013
That's not true: if the app is worth it will be reviewed by some important site such as xda portal (for free) and will start getting a good amount of downloads. Of course you need to keep on promoting on the forums etc.
By the way, what's your application?

I don't know it was my experience till now. Had sent review request for several sites but without any luck.
BTW my app is True Launcher on Play

dotnick

Oct 20, 2013
nicknicolaou.me
I've had more success sharing my app on Reddit and tweaking the keywords in the description than with review sites myself.

I have also added a review prompt in the latest version which seems to be helping so far, fingers crossed.

Reactions: prakash.jai

AnTuTuLabs

Aug 6, 2013
play.google.com
I got some downloads after creating a link in reddit. Thanks

Google Play has some free channel to help developers promote their apps, but that requires some downloads in some days or something like that.
So, you can try make cooperation with someone, and recommand your app via partner channel.
then you may have the chance of listing in Top New Free to Google Play. :laugh:

prakash.jai

Oct 27, 2013
Google Play has some free channel to help developers promote their apps, but that requires some downloads in some days or something like that.
So, you can try make cooperation with someone, and recommand your app via partner channel.

How to find or where can i find the partner channels ?

yeyeman9

Nov 6, 2013
Getting some websites to review your app sure can be challenging. Those websites get hundreds of emails a day and it is hard to scan through all of them, but some of them might pick you up on the offer.

I personally posted on Reddit and it didn't get much attention...I might need to try it again, but maybe people didn't like the app... :(

Millenium Apps

Oct 10, 2012

Hi,

What channel are you talking about? is it Top New lists or something else?

Congratulations for your successful apps, i see that you've done a great job with them and it pays well :D

Any recommendations for partener channels?

Thanks

zagonico

Oct 24, 2013
www.zabaapps.com

Sorry, what do you mean with "some downloads"? 10k? 100k? Thank you.. :)

kevin619

Aug 6, 2010
California
www.cygnismedia.com
I believe that the best always rises to the top.You do not even need to market your app.It only takes a man to download your app and get the ball rolling.If your blog is interesting and useful,you don’t need to do much else.Example of this is the popularity of Instagram.

elban

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2009
Venice
www.opbyte.it
I believe that the best always rises to the top.You do not even need to market your app.It only takes a man to download your app and get the ball rolling.If your blog is interesting and useful,you don’t need to do much else.Example of this is the popularity of Instagram.

This only works for some very special cases; for the others, a bit of "push" is necessary.

Omdano

Nov 11, 2013
www.kudos-kit.com
We had the same problem after we have launched (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/good-weather/id601784766).

We found out that the best way is to approach our users who were engaged with the app.
We thought of a compelling way to ask them to rate us at the store /share the app with a friend/ tweet etc and it worked beyond our expectations...

Bottom line - when you ask someone who likes you nicely at the right time you are much more likely get respond.

We have since decided to develop it to a product which other developers can use - www.kudos-kit.com

Top Liked Posts