Question about Wireless Charging Pad

Search This thread

edlowjr

Jun 4, 2013
I currently have the dock and enjoy using my phone as a night clock.. If I lean the wireless charging dock up at a 80 degree angle will the phone still stay on, and still charge? Anyone who has this, would you mind trying it? Is the phone magnetized to the base? Is the base slippery or rubberized?

Rakcoon

May 15, 2013
The coil is about an inch above the bottom of the wireless charging pad. And the phone won't charge. Phone is NOT magnetized to the charging pad.
I have both official pad and one off ebay. The official pad is slippery plastic and ebay pad is somewhat rubberized.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Also, I found that samsung official charging pad had shorter charging distance (or weaker strength) compared to ebay pad.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vvveith

Jul 20, 2010
Cleveland
Try this.

I currently have the dock and enjoy using my phone as a night clock.. If I lean the wireless charging dock up at a 80 degree angle will the phone still stay on, and still charge? Anyone who has this, would you mind trying it? Is the phone magnetized to the base? Is the base slippery or rubberized?

I use a charger called Cool pad. I can mount it inside of a little wooden box or any thing that will give it a frame, Angle the frame, put my phone on the cool pad with frame and very thick case, bingo! Works like a charm. And very inexpensive.:cool:

Ricerocket00

Mar 30, 2013
Not a cheap alternative, but I just got a Tylt Vu. Love it! My only gripe is with the way that the S4 handles wireless charging in general. The way that it quits charging and then starts back when it reaches 95%. It sorta ruins having a wireless charger on my nightstand. I use my Tylt Vu at the office because of this "feature" :laugh:

se1000

Feb 14, 2011
Not a cheap alternative, but I just got a Tylt Vu. Love it! My only gripe is with the way that the S4 handles wireless charging in general. The way that it quits charging and then starts back when it reaches 95%. It sorta ruins having a wireless charger on my nightstand. I use my Tylt Vu at the office because of this "feature" :laugh:

+1, it's expensive but only because it has multiple coils built in so you can basically just throw it on any way you like and it'll still charge. Great device, with they were just a tad cheaper.