How to get any wallpaper work with transparent onscreen and notification bar, NO root

Search This thread

jimakos29

Oct 31, 2010
Kilkis
Ok i have found a way to make any wallpaper appear with transparent notification and onscreen keys just like stock wallpapers, on stock launcher. It is so easy and i just haven't seen it reported anywhere so I thought I should mention it. All u need to do basically is to zoom in just a little bit on the wallpaper when selecting it. I mean crop it just a little bit. You will see it works like a charm :)
Updated instructions: long tap on homescreen. Go to wallpapers. Select ANY picture u want. Comp!ete action using "Crop picture". Tap on the upper blue arrow and drag it down just a little bit( really just a timy bit is enough). Select crop. U are done. Enjoy

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash19_87

Fox_Soul

Dec 26, 2013
Ok i have found a way to make any wallpaper appear with transparent notification and onscreen keys just like stock wallpapers, on stock launcher. It is so easy and i just haven't seen it reported anywhere so I thought I should mention it. All u need to do basically is to zoom in just a little bit on the wallpaper when selecting it. I mean crop it just a little bit. You will see it works like a charm :)

im trying to do it but i cant... Can you explain it a bit more? Maybe some screenshots will help.

jimakos29

Oct 31, 2010
Kilkis
im trying to do it but i cant... Can you explain it a bit more? Maybe some screenshots will help.

Screenshots incoming, sorr for zip format but size was too big for jpeg and i had no time to upload them to another site and then post urls. It works like charm the photo i set is one i took with my camera but works on any pic or wallpaper

Attachments

• screenshots.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 18

Fox_Soul

Dec 26, 2013
that "semi transparent" notification bar is usual. The really transparent notificaton bar is when you dont see any edge of it. So, sorry but its nothing new.

jimakos29

Oct 31, 2010
Kilkis
that "semi transparent" notification bar is usual. The really transparent notificaton bar is when you dont see any edge of it. So, sorry but its nothing new.

Then quick question. If i dont do the above, i get black bar and black (non transparent) buttons on my homescreen unless i select a stock wallpape?that means there is something wrong with my device? Please advise... Only thing i get that semitransparent effect with other pics is when i do the above. Is there something wrong?

Fox_Soul

Dec 26, 2013
Then quick question. If i dont do the above, i get black bar and black (non transparent) buttons on my homescreen unless i select a stock wallpape?that means there is something wrong with my device? Please advise... Only thing i get that semitransparent effect with other pics is when i do the above. Is there something wrong?

Maybe... I tried a camera pic and it show me a semi transparent bar. So, maybe you have something wrong.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated instructions: long tap on homescreen. Go to wallpapers. Select ANY picture u want. Comp!ete action using "Crop picture". Tap on the upper blue arrow and drag it down just a little bit( really just a timy bit is enough). Select crop. U are done. Enjoy