[Q] What is Intelli-plug, MP-decision. Which is best?

Search This thread

phanluanint

May 1, 2014
Hi guys,
I'm new to android and I just flash a cook rom with custom kernel to my phone.
I use Kernel Tweaker to set some variable to make it use less battery and smoothly but I see an option called Intelli-plug.:eek:
I google this and see it complete replacement for MP-decision.
So what is best of them for battery life and performance at cook rom? :confused:
(I think MP-decision is best for Stock rom, correct me if I am wrong :p)

prog19

Apr 29, 2012
Intelliplug is a replacement for mp decision implemented by faux123 if im not wrong . It determines the behaviour of the cpu and gpu. Stock nexus and OG only have mp decision. Intelliplug is a better option

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
There's also msm_mpdecision (not to be confused with the mpdecision binary) by showp1984, which is pretty good. It has input boost and is the smoothest I've tried. I'd give that a shot depending on what kernel you're running. In trickster, it'll be a menu in specific called MSM-MPDECISION control (or something like that). CPUQuiet is supposed to be good as well, but I haven't personally run it. Auto_hotplug and mako_hotplug in faux and matr1x are typically better for battery than others, but are not quite as smooth.

Reactions: CertifiedBlyndGuy

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
There's also msm_mpdecision (not to be confused with the mpdecision binary) by showp1984, which is pretty good. It has input boost and is the smoothest I've tried. I'd give that a shot depending on what kernel you're running. In trickster, it'll be a menu in specific called MSM-MPDECISION control (or something like that). CPUQuiet is supposed to be good as well, but I haven't personally run it. Auto_hotplug and mako_hotplug in faux and matr1x are typically better for battery than others, but are not quite as smooth.

I wanted to know wat type of decision is used in Nexus4 and 5....coz wen i compare OG nd MAKO using perfmon app i can able to find the difference.... And it looks lyk mako one ia bettr than ours...!!... Am i ryt...

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.1.2

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
I wanted to know wat type of decision is used in Nexus4 and 5....coz wen i compare OG nd MAKO using perfmon app i can able to find the difference.... And it looks lyk mako one ia bettr than ours...!!... Am i ryt...

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.1.2
If you are comparing stock vs N4, yes, they are different; stock should actually be a bit better since Qualcomm doesn't include certain things on Nexus devices. On CM, the mpdecision binary used I believe is from N4 4.2.

Reactions: hasan4791

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
MPDecision is much more aggressive in terms of changing CPU frequency (automatically goes to 1026 when input is detected). IntelliPlug is more for battery than performance. For performance, I suggest MSM-MPDecision from showp1984 (it's on most of my kernels and a couple others), which performs similarly to the mpdecision binary in terms of boosting frequencies and raw performance, but is customizable. You can change the frequency for input boost or turn it off altogether. There's a bunch of different settings you can play around with.

CPUQuiet also is one of the better performing hotplug drivers. I don't know quite as much about how it works, but it was made by NVidia and ported to Snapdragon by maxwen and has a set of governors which keep the CPU running at optimal frequencies for battery and performance.

bsimpson1

Jun 16, 2013
In my opinion Intelliplug is extremely finicky and unpredictable. I get much better battery life with mpdecision.

Reactions: Simba501
Sep 20, 2015
Bangalore
MPdecision

Guys,
In my humble opinion what i have noticed is - when you enable a mpdecision i.e.on in the cpu, based on your cpu gov settings say for performance - one core of your cpu will always be at 100% and based on the activities it will switch on or off, the other cores.
When your cpu gov settings are interactively managed, again one of your core will be working and based on the certain % say 79 or 80,it will switch on the other cores.

If you deactivate mpdecision then almost all your cores will be active at any given time. But may not run as high as in enabled state.

So if you are one of those who cares about your cpu heating and don't use cpu tuners or sleepers. Set it off.

If you are into gaming and very smooth ui experience and doesn't bother about battery drain, switch it on.

I have enabled the settings and use custimized task scripts to reduce the frequency of the core as soon as i switch off the screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MPDecision is much more aggressive in terms of changing CPU frequency (automatically goes to 1026 when input is detected). IntelliPlug is more for battery than performance. For performance, I suggest MSM-MPDecision from showp1984 (it's on most of my kernels and a couple others), which performs similarly to the mpdecision binary in terms of boosting frequencies and raw performance, but is customizable. You can change the frequency for input boost or turn it off altogether. There's a bunch of different settings you can play around with.

CPUQuiet also is one of the better performing hotplug drivers. I don't know quite as much about how it works, but it was made by NVidia and ported to Snapdragon by maxwen and has a set of governors which keep the CPU running at optimal frequencies for battery and performance.
    Intelliplug is a replacement for mp decision implemented by faux123 if im not wrong . It determines the behaviour of the cpu and gpu. Stock nexus and OG only have mp decision. Intelliplug is a better option

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app
    Hi guys,
    I'm new to android and I just flash a cook rom with custom kernel to my phone.
    I use Kernel Tweaker to set some variable to make it use less battery and smoothly but I see an option called Intelli-plug.:eek:
    I google this and see it complete replacement for MP-decision.
    So what is best of them for battery life and performance at cook rom? :confused:
    (I think MP-decision is best for Stock rom, correct me if I am wrong :p)
    mp-decision is better.
    The only thing the Intelliplug do is causing lags, freezes and other annoying strange things.
    imho.
    mp-decision is better.
    The only thing the Intelliplug do is causing lags, freezes and other annoying strange things.
    imho.

Any evidence / proof of this "claim"?