Tips & Tricks for the Desire

Search This thread

iik-71

Nov 14, 2013
Guys need help...i was using jb 4.1.2 oriola sony xperia z rom....decided to revert back to sense rom...installed cool droid v3 but my home wifi network is not displayed but far of neighbouring wifi are being displayed and am able to coonect to it...i checked with my dad s samsung phone..it displays home network and gets conncted to wifi...i had nandroid of oriola and did a restore and wifi is WORKING....and again flashed coll droid v3 with exact instructions again no home wifi display...i tried another sense rom by neophyte 360,again same problem....something is going wrong with sense roms...plz guys...help me out....

I had the same problem with my tablet. Try to change the type of the WiFi into the router. For example from WEP to WPA, etc.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Hi all!

I have some trouble with my Desire.
When it charging bottom part of the phone is very hot. When I start browsing due charging phone going to reboot.
The same when I use phone on a summer day, bottom stay hot and phone gone to reboot due I try to upload some photos. Sometime
phone reboot due call.

I contact with local service of HTC, they just clear my phone inside from oxides. And recommend roll back to official ROM.
But phone still reboot with the same reasons.

If you have overclocked it, why not trying to set the freq. to normal.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

I think by far, the Supernova 2.4.0.1. is the most stable and even though it is a little bit old and doesn't have much of the new customization possibilities

Reactions: JordyNL

Arikuzo

Oct 16, 2013
I am using JellyTime, the same developer is working on taktiK a 4.4 ROM( there is trainwreck edition availible).
I think those are Berry nice ROMs I recomend them to every DHD user.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD with JellyTime 4.3 beta 3

Erenjag

Oct 29, 2013
Download Greenify so that your battery will last longer! Besides, it's not a Task Killer app, its function is to hibernate the apps which you are not using but in stay in the background not force closing them. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since Froyo/Android 2.2;

Sometimes when writing SMS, the typing window can disappear and the display zooms all the way up to the very first message to that contact.

You could scroll back down endlessly of course, but instead just turn the phone to change the screen orientation and you'll get straight back to the text entry window.

SOMEtimes even that doesn't work, in which case menu/add subject. That'll get you back to the text entry window for sure. (Obviously don't actually enter a subject or it'll change the message to an MMS)
    So I thought I'd start a little thread to see what tips & tricks people are discovering about the Desire now that we are getting our hands on them :D

If you swipe your finger (L to R or R to L) across the middle button then you can scroll through home screens without touching the screen :p

If you want more options in browser including UAString (Android, Desktop, Iphone etc,) just type in url window "about:debug" (without quotes!) then press enter; it seems nothing happens but if you go into settings all new options are available;)

I'll be surprised if it hasn't been mentioned before, but a quick way to reboot:
    Power button, vol down and press the track pad at the same time.
    that's so annoying when that happens! thanks for the tip man, saves me scrolling through 200+ messages

Also you can just hold down the Menu button and it will open the keyboard and go back to the bottom of the messages :)
    I'm surprised no one in here mentioned this very unique and useful tip:
    Or maybe I'm just a n00b and didn't realize this is standard for all Android phones :p

When you're going through your (possibly very long) list of contacts, HTC doesn't give you something like iPhone's tiny alphabet bar on the right.

Instead, they did one better.

Instead of scrolling with one finger, use two fingers to scroll, this will scroll through groups of your contacts categorized by the first letter in their name.
    You only need to start the scrolling function with two fingers, then after that you can use one finger to continue scrolling through the categorized contacts (as long as that first finger is still on the screen)
    If you drag the top bit it tells you your notfications! (where the battery life is).