FORUMS

[KERNEL][stable: M1 (2.6.39.4) - exp: Alpha 31 (3.1.10)] Kowalski Kernel

2,140 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,027
 
By pengus77, Recognized Developer on 13th January 2013, 06:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th January 2013, 10:06 PM |#31  
pengus77's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks Meter: 23,027
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_cad44

OK tested on cm10.1 :

WiFi borked. Replaced wireless.ko from cm10.1 and still broke.

Looks like I will be reverting to cm10 until this kernels implemented in cm10.1 or pengus releases it.

Thanks pengus

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Why you people don't read OP ? It's written in quite bold letters in the first line that this kernel is only for cm10 based roms...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2013, 10:07 PM |#32  
Micronuub's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
I'm a bit confused.. are the "pengus kernels" posted in the cm10 for new bl the same as these sorry I know i'm probarly asking a stupid question..

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
13th January 2013, 10:07 PM |#33  
pengus77's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks Meter: 23,027
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micronuub

I'm a bit confused.. are the "pengus kernels" posted in the cm10 for new bl the same as these sorry I know i'm probarly asking a stupid question..

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

007 on this thread is aligned with 2013-01-13 on my other thread
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2013, 10:08 PM |#34  
massimo69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zadar
Thanks Meter: 627
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micronuub

I'm a bit confused.. are the "pengus kernels" posted in the cm10 for new bl the same as these sorry I know i'm probarly asking a stupid question..

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Yes they are....
The Following User Says Thank You to massimo69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift massimo69 Ad-Free
13th January 2013, 10:10 PM |#35  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengus77

Why you people don't read OP ? It's written in quite bold letters in the first line that this kernel is only for cm10 based roms...

I did read the op. I wanted to try and see what works. That's the beauty of xDA.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
13th January 2013, 10:12 PM |#36  
pengus77's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks Meter: 23,027
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_cad44

I did read the op. I wanted to try and see what works. That's the beauty of xDA.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Ok then
Anyway i'm aware of the wireless problem on 10.1 and that's why i'm not releasing this for 10.1 until i fix it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2013, 10:25 PM |#37  
svein01's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
Ouch. Just had a bsod on latest kernel. Can't guarantee that it's related to kernel, but this is the first bsod I've experienced since moving to this ROM/kernel on 12/30.

No logs, as it came entirely unexpected .Phone was just lying around, I picked it up to send a text message and it wouldn't wake up. Battery at 20% so it could be a battery bug shutting down the phone. I don't think so, however, since it wouldn't power back up without a battery pull.

We'll see over the next couple of days whether or not this situation repeats itself.
13th January 2013, 10:49 PM |#38  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Firstly I want to say that this kernel is amazing, greatly improving battery life. Are you planning to push these changes to gerrit now that you have made them for the old boot-loader as would be interesting to see what RC thinks of them.
13th January 2013, 11:45 PM |#39  
rottenwheel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 398
 
Donate to Me
More
I don't know if I'm the unique person here but I'll tell it, I guess the 06-01 kernel is more smooth than 13-01 version and I'm facing a bit laggy using WhatsApp and the latest Swype beta on my phone. Probably you will ignore this because ur phone is the "sky" but I think the flags of 06-01 kernel are better than 07-01, the first version, not the v2 or another thing. I come back to 06-01 meanwhile I see another changes in performance there. I'm not atacking your work or telling u what to do, I'm simply telling a opinion. Anyway if u want, I can test a new version or whatever...

Also I dislike the changes you made with Wi-Fi PM Mode when the screen off because sometimes I'm writing or doing anything and the Wi-Fi goes down and put on again without my finger pressed on any button.
13th January 2013, 11:47 PM |#40  
mintjustin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Compared to stock kernel this is pure magic.

One question. In the cm10 thread there is a kernel + battery conservative in one zip. Is it still the same with the kernels released in this thread? I'm just a bit confused.
13th January 2013, 11:53 PM |#41  
pengus77's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks Meter: 23,027
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alezardstar

I don't know if I'm the unique person here but I'll tell it, I guess the 06-01 kernel is more smooth than 13-01 version and I'm facing a bit laggy using WhatsApp and the latest Swype beta on my phone. Probably you will ignore this because ur phone is the "sky" but I think the flags of 06-01 kernel are better than 07-01, the first version, not the v2 or another thing. I come back to 06-01 meanwhile I see another changes in performance there. I'm not atacking your work or telling u what to do, I'm simply telling a opinion. Anyway if u want, I can test a new version or whatever...

Also I dislike the changes you made with Wi-Fi PM Mode when the screen off because sometimes I'm writing or doing anything and the Wi-Fi goes down and put on again without my finger pressed on any button.

Well, i'm sorry to say this, but nobody forces you to use this kernel if you don't like it...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beware ! wild penguins, fish slapping takes place here, ics - cm10 - cm10.1, jelly bean, kernel, no polar bears - killer whales or sharks allowed, nvidia sucks - lg sucks more

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes