FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
hi all. My touch pro crashed several times today after I changed another ROM. I think that would be the problem of the ROM, so I changed it back to the original ROM, but it didn't help cause it still get crash. So I tried MTTY with "info 8" command and I got a unfortunately result, there are 13 bad blocks on my device. I also tried to fix it with "task 2a" command but nothing happened. Does anyone have any ideas about this case? May be my touch pro is the first one which has bad blocks...pls help! THANKS!
21st October 2008, 07:03 AM |#2  
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 61

More
According to the author of this topic, his TP has 8 bad blocks and according to cmonex her's also has 8 bad blocks and you are lucky you didn't kill you SPL with task 2a as it is intended for the Hermes.

Maybe the crashes are due to applications you have installed or a bad flash. Try running a rom without extra apps for a few days and see how it goes.

Edit: Out of curiosity I have also checked mine and I also have 8 bad blocks

Code:
BLOCK 486 (0x1E6) is bad block
BLOCK 821 (0x335) is bad block
BLOCK 1233 (0x4D1) is bad block
BLOCK 1989 (0x7C5) is bad block
BLOCK 2352 (0x930) is bad block
BLOCK 2854 (0xB26) is bad block
BLOCK 3095 (0xC17) is bad block
BLOCK 3170 (0xC62) is bad block
21st October 2008, 01:00 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks for your reply man, but I wanna tell you that I've already tried out the original official rom without any other extra apps, but it still crash a lot.
I have thirteen bad blocks BTW, not eight.
22nd December 2008, 05:06 PM |#4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Out of curiousity since I had a bad block on my Kaiser, I decided to check my 1 month old Touch Pro, and what do you know, 3 bad blocks. From looking at these posts I guess I should consider myself lucky it's not 8 or 13 like some others. What's with all the bad blocks on these phones all the time? Nothing is messing up on mine at all, but I know bad blocks caused some issues on my Kaiser. I hope my TP continues to work correctly.
16th March 2009, 03:13 PM |#5  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Anyone know of a way to repair bad blocks on the TP? I'm starting to get a little irritated with this, I had the exact same problem on my Kaiser, and now my TP is doing it too. I'm getting bad flash's because of bad blocks. Now when i flash some ROM's, my TF3D won't even start. HTC is really starting to f*#$ing piss me off with this bs.
26th April 2009, 03:47 PM |#6  

More
tp
dears :
i need your support. i have htc touch pro when i go to search in the dial tab the numbers dosent dispaly only the names it was display before in the last rom.can anyone advice for this.
19th July 2009, 07:08 AM |#7  

More
Using MP3 and WMA Files as Ring Tones on new Fuze ROM
Friends,

I have always been able to use MP3 and WMA files as ring tones on all previous WM devices (all HTC) and even on the original stock ROM for my ATT Fuze, simply by cutting and pasting the music files into the "rings" subfolder of the Windows folder. The music files would just show up in the "rings" list in the phone program. I just installed the new Fuze ROM (5.11.502.2 WWE) from HTC, and for some reason lost the ability to use my ordinary music files as ring tones. They won't show up in the phone ringtone list on the phone screen even though I have pasted them into the "Rings" subfolder in the Windows folder. Has ATT or HTC restricted this capacity in the latest official ROM? If so, is there some way of changing the registry to restore this capacity, or any other work-around?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
19th July 2009, 08:25 PM |#8  

More
Installing new rom
I dont know if this has been talked about yet, I am sorry I just dont have time to look. But when installing a new rom such as the new energy mercury rom, do I have to have a previous energy rom or can I go straight from a stock rom to this one. If this is talked about somewhere else just let me know. Thanks!
19th July 2009, 09:44 PM |#9  

More
Installing new rom
You can flash the stock ROM with Energy Mercury. I just did it a few days ago and it is amazingly quick and smooth. I am still running the stock radio with no adverse effects.
20th July 2009, 04:28 AM |#10  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Any hope of getting

Sense UI interface of HTC Hero

for Windows phone anytime soon ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
"internet sharing", 32gb microsd, activesync, adv.config, antenna, appointment, at&t fuze, battery, birthday, blank, bluetooth, bug, calendar, cellular radio, color, contacts, coverage, customization, deleted, directional pad, dopod 838, drain, e-mail, email, enter key, error synchronizing, fm radio, font, freeze, fuze, fuze redfly, garmin, gps, headphones, help touch pro problem, hinge, home, home screen, htc touch pro cab files, ics, imap4, internet sharing, internetconnectionsharing, internetsharing, irish radio battery, itunes, key mapping, keyboard, locking device, mda, memory card encryption, message, messaging, mms, modem, mtty, naft, network, network wizard, outlook, pan, pdf reader fuze, phone, playlists, pocketsheild, poor, problem, raphael, ratings, recovery, request, ring, rom, s2u2, satellite, screen, sending email, service, signal, signal boost, sim, slide to unlock, sounds, sprint, system permissions, t-mobile, test, text message, text messaging, tips, tmobile, today, tomtom, touch pro, vario iv, vibrate, wifi, windows mobile, wm5, wobble, xda serra, yahoo mail, youtube

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)