FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Don't Start A New Thread - Raphael Questions & Answers Here!

3,249 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By scotchua, Retired Senior Moderator on 16th October 2008, 06:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th December 2012, 05:02 PM |#3071  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangirl

Ok, I could buy another battery... but: how long can XdAndroid run on this device.. Sometimes I hear a couple of hours.. sometimes a couple of days. I know the battery drainers etc.. but I just have to use wifi a couple of times (I would rather let it check on it' s own, like with Easy Battery saver, but doesn' t seem to work anymore), and use the Opera Browser .. that's it, and maybe a short phonecall.

If it would make a difference, of course I would buy another battery..

And I' ve been searching and searching for hours, but XDandroid still seems like the best rom.. (without the risk of bricking the phone that is).

I'm looking at batteries right now.. I would buy a 1340 mAh one, instead of 1000 mAh.

29th December 2012, 07:12 AM |#3072  
Flag location! location!! (somewhere in the vast array of question marks)
Thanks Meter: 146

More
OR... You could invest in a decent portable charger... (wink wink, hint hint) Zaggsparq isn't a bad alternative that you could purchase and not only for your RAPH... (I apologize if that sounded like a plug ) HERE is also a decent price for a replacement battery. Additionally, you could look into an extended battery but I'm not 100% that it will solve all your problems...
To answer your first question, I don't think there was ever a set amount of time or length of time by that matter that the Android port would run on our devices. Pretty much whatever you got and anything longer than an hour was pretty much standard. If you got something longer, you'd probably be running with less apps in the background or something of the sort.
30th December 2012, 11:24 AM |#3073  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R^7Z

I don't think there was ever a set amount of time or length of time by that matter that the Android port would run on our devices. Pretty much whatever you got and anything longer than an hour was pretty much standard.

One hour?? What's the point of having a mobile phone if it's useless after one hour?
31st December 2012, 03:22 AM |#3074  

More
Depends on the reason for development, I suppose? I don't think there were any devices that shipped with WinMo and also included a free port to Android...
However, there were speculations as to why the battery doesn't last as long in Android as it does in WinMo. Some suggested that the display/backlight couldn't be shut off properly in Android. Others speculate that the Raph/TouchPro/Fuze was a defective model to begin with and some got a free upgrade to the TP2. So, unless you have any desire to put in the hours and continue developing for an older/"legacy" device, it's probably best to either deal with WinMo or upgrade your device. I blame it on the developers and their stingy ways! (NOT)
2nd January 2013, 08:52 AM |#3075  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R^7Z

Depends on the reason for development, I suppose? I don't think there were any devices that shipped with WinMo and also included a free port to Android...
However, there were speculations as to why the battery doesn't last as long in Android as it does in WinMo. Some suggested that the display/backlight couldn't be shut off properly in Android. Others speculate that the Raph/TouchPro/Fuze was a defective model to begin with and some got a free upgrade to the TP2. So, unless you have any desire to put in the hours and continue developing for an older/"legacy" device, it's probably best to either deal with WinMo or upgrade your device. I blame it on the developers and their stingy ways! (NOT)

I' m using XdAndroid, because the battery time/life isn't that different from using the old WinMo..
3rd January 2013, 08:13 AM |#3076  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangirl

I' m using XdAndroid, because the battery time/life isn't that different from using the old WinMo..

Really?! My old battery (using the same battery from when I bought it in 2008) is at 52% after 2 days of standby but then again, I don't have a signal or service provider. I mainly use it as a camera but from time to time, I play around with it. I have a strange way with devices; when I first buy a device, I can't seem to get into it but as soon as I am done with it, I get interested in it... Odd, I know but oh well. Maybe one day someone will come out with a better device that'll keep my attention from day one... ^_^
6th June 2013, 02:24 AM |#3077  

More
Unhappy I'm desperated by wifi tethering - help me please!
Guys, first of all I want to thank you for your overwhelming nice work - you make my HTC Touch Pro useable.

But I've got a major issue: I'm not able to provide a mobile WLAN-hotspot by my phone - neither by the native function (after tapping onto this butten I recieve a error notification and the button wents grey and no longer usable), nor by using Wireless Tether for Root Users (it says:
Code:
Uable to start tethering. Please try again!
), or Barnacle Wifi Tethering (
Code:
Starting...
Data network is ready
.ini file prepared
WIFI: Failed to load driver: Unknown error: 0
WIFI: Could not set address of wlan0: No such device
WIFI: Could not get address of wlan0: No such device
WIFI: Could not get flags of wlan0: No such device
NAT: waiting for local interface
Stopped unexpectedly!
Afterward I've tried a couple of alternative wifi tethering apps - none of these was successful.

I'm Using the GBX0C 2.3.7 (Startup: RAPH100) and modules-2.6.27.46-01365-gc8b9a4c.tar and have tried also FRX07.1_Full_Bundle_20110901 (Startup: RAPH100) and modules-2.6.27.46-01356-gd4c73bd.tar

I've also formated my SD-card for several times.

Parts of my daily work depends on the Wifi tethering function, and I don't want to use another Smartphone than the HTC Touch Po (1).

Can you - please - provide me a solution, which is made for noobs like me?

Regards, your petit prince
2nd October 2014, 03:01 PM |#3078  

More
I installed the ROM version Hermann Software Upgrade on my device but it stopped working completely. I've done a hard reset and did not work. When the machine starts, appears on "HTC TOUCH PRO" screen and blocks. On the other hand I can not install the previous version because I can not connect the device to the PC. What can I do to solve this problem?
Best regards.
18th May 2015, 12:59 PM |#3079  

More
Friends my HTC touch pro is not booting can anybody help me

Sent from my Celkon A35K using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
"internet sharing", 32gb microsd, activesync, adv.config, antenna, appointment, at&t fuze, battery, birthday, blank, bluetooth, bug, calendar, cellular radio, color, contacts, coverage, customization, deleted, directional pad, dopod 838, drain, e-mail, email, enter key, error synchronizing, fm radio, font, freeze, fuze, fuze redfly, garmin, gps, headphones, help touch pro problem, hinge, home, home screen, htc touch pro cab files, ics, imap4, internet sharing, internetconnectionsharing, internetsharing, irish radio battery, itunes, key mapping, keyboard, locking device, mda, memory card encryption, message, messaging, mms, modem, mtty, naft, network, network wizard, outlook, pan, pdf reader fuze, phone, playlists, pocketsheild, poor, problem, raphael, ratings, recovery, request, ring, rom, s2u2, satellite, screen, sending email, service, signal, signal boost, sim, slide to unlock, sounds, sprint, system permissions, t-mobile, test, text message, text messaging, tips, tmobile, today, tomtom, touch pro, vario iv, vibrate, wifi, windows mobile, wm5, wobble, xda serra, yahoo mail, youtube

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)