FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By RichieB, Senior Member on 18th September 2013, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2014, 08:50 PM |#1171  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santu001

So this could mean the solution is very dependent and could be different on each unit.

Yes, it seems the cert indexes changed between the firmware versions, or maybe their order differs per SCT device. But as your packages.xml shows, the correct cert index for you is "1". This should work for you. I also had to remove the package entry for com.parrot.mediaplayer from the packages.xml because the new apk does not match the old entry. Normally the entry is removed when an app is uninstalled, but that is not possible with system apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RichieB Ad-Free
9th February 2014, 09:48 PM |#1172  
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB

Yes, it seems the cert indexes changed between the firmware versions, or maybe their order differs per SCT device. But as your packages.xml shows, the correct cert index for you is "1". This should work for you. I also had to remove the package entry for com.parrot.mediaplayer from the packages.xml because the new apk does not match the old entry. Normally the entry is removed when an app is uninstalled, but that is not possible with system apps.

So, I should also completely delete this section within packages.xml?

Code:
</package>
<package name="com.parrot.mediaplayer" codePath="/system/app/com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk" nativeLibraryPath="/data/data/com.parrot.mediaplayer/lib" flags="1" ft="14820" it="14ff0" ut="14820" version="1" sharedUserId="10005">
<sigs count="1">
<cert index="2" />
</sigs>
9th February 2014, 10:26 PM |#1173  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

So, I should also completely delete this section within packages.xml?

Yes, because the cert index in that section is wrong. It will be recreated when you install the new APK.
Remove the section starting with
Code:
<package name="com.parrot.mediaplayer"
up until this line right beneath it:
Code:
</package>
Here is an awk script to do this safely:
Code:
cd /data/system
awk '/<package name=\"com.parrot.mediaplayer\"/ { p=1; q=0 } /<\/package>/ { q=1 } { if (p!=1) print; if (q==1) p=0 }' packages.xml > packages.xml.new
mv packages.xml packages.xml.bak
mv packages.xml.new packages.xml
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RichieB Ad-Free
10th February 2014, 12:00 AM |#1174  
Flag Regio Amsterdam

More
I already edited the file manually and did the whole routine and got to install the APK. I did struggle with some issues at first, where the player activity intend couldn't be found and gave an error with all sources. Then I tried to leave the package line intact and just changed to the same cert (1). Installed the APK again and somehow It worked. So thanks again and then i'll stop..

The lay-out looks much better, although I do wish we could change the background, but that's nitpicking. I knew it wasn't perfect, but since it's a necessity we got the better deal. Still, now I created another problem, sort of.. I'm missing most album arts. I already had this problem and I really couldn't care less, since I mainly use Player Pro. But now I have to find a way to get those arts up again, because the new player needs it to benefit. Maybe It's because I edited them within Player Pro that I've lost them, but it would be nice to manually trigger the grace note database update.

Pity that we didn't also get a better music browser to search your albums and playlist. Scrolling can be very annoying.
10th February 2014, 07:16 AM |#1175  
OP Senior Member

More
Good to see you got it installed. I think the way you are supposed to search is by using the voice recognition. It works reasonably well, the few times I've used it.
10th February 2014, 03:39 PM |#1176  
Flag Regio Amsterdam

More
After finding out that during the day the Parrot media player changes background and becomes even lighter, I tried to change the original apk with a different background pic. I used the original ACUhome globe background and copy paste it into the metal background image and the rename the unzipped file to apk again. Well that didn't work because it didn't install.

But maybe it much easier to just change the background image in drawable-night-hdpi and drawable-nonight-hdpi directly within SCT. But I couldn't find the location. I guess it would be possible to swap those files, or at least make daytime and night time the same, or is this simplistic thinking? So does anybody know where I should look to find and replace those backgrounds. I did it all with ES file explore within SCT, so that probably not the easiest way. But since you can't use the search-option in system files, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Just for the record I added my new background as an attachment. It's probably to dark and therefore effecting readability of the text anyway. But the daytime setting is way to bright in my opinion. So I would just settle for the night time setting.

Regarding the album covers. I searched the activities within ADW custom shortcuts to find a way to manually update the cover art, although there are lots of other options, I just couldn't find it, so maybe it not there? I guess adding or changing the content of the USB with automatically trigger the Grace note update. Could also be that setting ACUhome as default would do the trick. Now I only get a few covers which are most likely retrieved from the USB folders.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	metal_player_background.png
Views:	111
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	2571068  
10th February 2014, 05:42 PM |#1177  
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

After finding out that during the day the Parrot media player changes background and becomes even lighter, I tried to change the original apk with a different background pic. I used the original ACUhome globe background and copy paste it into the metal background image and the rename the unzipped file to apk again. Well that didn't work because it didn't install.

You would need to re-sign the APK if it is modified. Otherwise Android will reject it because it cannot prove authenticity.
10th February 2014, 06:47 PM |#1178  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

You would need to re-sign the APK if it is modified. Otherwise Android will reject it because it cannot prove authenticity.

Before you sign the APK (using jarsigner) you will need to update the SHA hashes inside the MANIFEST.MF file:
Code:
Name: res/drawable-notnight-hdpi/metal_player_background.png
SHA1-Digest: XpBM0qa8Tn/MUlTvvjmp9K7p+20=

Name: res/drawable-night-hdpi/metal_player_background.png
SHA1-Digest: Y6AEklJAbPuYBoC7FvJBwzQplz8=
to get the updated SHA hash you can use
Code:
openssl sha1 -binary res/drawable-notnight-hdpi/metal_player_background.png | base64
10th February 2014, 07:10 PM |#1179  
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Before you sign the APK (using jarsigner) you will need to update the SHA hashes inside the MANIFEST.MF file:

Code:
Name: res/drawable-notnight-hdpi/metal_player_background.png
SHA1-Digest: XpBM0qa8Tn/MUlTvvjmp9K7p+20=

Name: res/drawable-night-hdpi/metal_player_background.png
SHA1-Digest: Y6AEklJAbPuYBoC7FvJBwzQplz8=

Isn't this done for you if you use something like APK Multi-tool or Android Multitool?

Quote:

to get the updated SHA hash you can use

Code:
openssl sha1 -binary res/drawable-notnight-hdpi/metal_player_background.png | base64

Thanks! I appreciate the explanation. I always wondered about the SHA1-Digest was in the Manifest.MF file. I sort of thought it was odd that the values were different from the Cert.SF file. For your suggestion, I guess the Cert.SF digest is created by including the developer's keystore in the algorithm while the Manifest.MF doesn't.

Too bad the ResXploit module of the Xpose Framework for the Gingerbread version hasn't been backported yet. Otherwise this would be easier to accomplish without having to do any compiling or signing.
10th February 2014, 07:32 PM |#1180  
Flag Regio Amsterdam

More
Ok, not that simple then. I though It would be easier to just replace the jpg file somewhere in SCT. Not that it's that complicated with your help and effortless guidelines, but I'm not sure what the result will be anyway without a preview. In daytime the text changes from light to dark, so if I resigned the apk with both dark backgrounds, it would probably not be usefull anyway. It's not that big a problem for now, If I get restless I'll give it another try. It's more that I like to then that I need to...

The cover art is a bigger concern. Funny thing, if I add another USB device the cover arts are there, most of them are very low resolution, but we can fix that. So for now I use different usb-devices, which is easy since your USB music apk is fixed on usb 1. A work around for now and..
11th February 2014, 02:39 PM |#1181  
Flag Regio Amsterdam

More
Hmm, getting restless already. Isn't there a simple way the keep the media player from changing from night to day setting. The darker version is ok, but the light version is so bright that I really don't like it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car audio, sct, sensus connected touch, volvo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)