FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By RichieB, Senior Member on 18th September 2013, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd August 2014, 01:46 PM |#1671  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB

You need to be root to see the contents of /data/system. What software are you using to "get into" it?

Im using ES FILE EXPLORER...
23rd August 2014, 04:21 PM |#1672  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.lu

Hi all,
Today I drove my car after two weeks of inactivity and ES File explorer installs only certified apk.
why did it happen?
Any solution?

P.S. Even SCT doesn't play not certified app.

Any help?
23rd August 2014, 06:56 PM |#1673  

More
Quote:

You need to be root to see the contents of /data/system. What software are you using to "get into" it?

Managed to access the files into data/system... changed the certificates from 1 to 0... but still shared user error on installation...
23rd August 2014, 10:24 PM |#1674  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendesp

Managed to access the files into data/system... changed the certificates from 1 to 0... but still shared user error on installation...

Are you trying to change the cert for the "com.parrot" user to be able to run the Asteroid Smart media player? You need to look up the cert number for com.parrot.ActiveSources in your packages.xml and use the same cert number for "com.parrot" as well. Also, you might have to remove the section for "com.parrot.mediaplayer" because it will not match the new apk.
23rd August 2014, 10:27 PM |#1675  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.lu

Hi all,
Today I drove my car after two weeks of inactivity and ES File explorer installs only certified apk.

What do you mean with "certified apk"? As far as I know, all Android systems including the SCT will only accept signed APKs. Please explain exactly what you are trying to do and what errors you are seeing. Only then perhaps we can help you.
24th August 2014, 12:09 AM |#1676  

More
Quote:

Are you trying to change the cert for the "com.parrot" user to be able to run the Asteroid Smart media player? You need to look up the cert number for com.parrot.ActiveSources in your packages.xml and use the same cert number for "com.parrot" as well. Also, you might have to remove the section for "com.parrot.mediaplayer" because it will not match the new apk.

Managed to do everything... when installing it says file already exists... I changed the stock media player name to .bak.. but still same result

What I did:
- checked the cert number for Activesource = 1
- changed the cert number for com.parrot from 0 to 1
- removed the com.parrot.mediaplayer line commands
- changed the name of com.parrot.mediaplayer.apk to bak extension
- rebooted
Result on installing: file already exists...
But my media player is still the stock from sct
24th August 2014, 07:12 PM |#1677  

More
Quote:

What do you mean with "certified apk"? As far as I know, all Android systems including the SCT will only accept signed APKs. Please explain exactly what you are trying to do and what errors you are seeing. Only then perhaps we can help you.

I can't install not signed app (like modified app or downloaded from forum) as I did before..
24th August 2014, 07:14 PM |#1678  
OP Senior Member

More
I am not sure what you did before, but I have never been able to install apk's without a valid signature on the SCT.
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RichieB Ad-Free
24th August 2014, 08:41 PM |#1679  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noten093

Yes! Got it working.
Clean exit with a Waze intent started at system shutdown. I attached the Tasker file. Just remove the .zip extension.

Well, I still can't manage to have Waze saving its settings with this...
I'm not familiar with Tasker as I use Llama on my phone. I installed Tasker on the SCT, created a profile using "on system shutdown" then using the file you provided. Is this the right way? Probably not as it doesn't work for me...

Anyone has been able to have Waze keeping its settings?
25th August 2014, 03:55 PM |#1680  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayatesan

Well, I still can't manage to have Waze saving its settings with this...
I'm not familiar with Tasker as I use Llama on my phone. I installed Tasker on the SCT, created a profile using "on system shutdown" then using the file you provided. Is this the right way? Probably not as it doesn't work for me...

Anyone has been able to have Waze keeping its settings?

I just moved Waze to SD card in Settings and solved this!
25th August 2014, 10:23 PM |#1681  

More
Quote:

I am not sure what you did before, but I have never been able to install apk's without a valid signature on the SCT.

My tomtom 'modified' app now doesn't Work..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car audio, sct, sensus connected touch, volvo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)