[Q] A good custom rom with 3g Mobile Data out of the box?

Search This thread

mechz01

Apr 7, 2014
I have D710 I'm using a Spring MVNO (ring plus). Is there a custom rom that has mobile 3g data working out of the box? I tried the pacman rom but apparently that doesn't support data and I'm back to stock.

If not can someone tell me a good rom (preferably lightweight, that dosen't have any weird features missing, like the camera doesn't work right or something) + modem I need to flash? I'm pretty new to flashing modems but I'll look into it, thank you. It's been a little frustrating for me looking for a good rom, but maybe I'm making it harder than it needs to be.

Last edited:

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
I have D710 I'm using a Spring MVNO (ring plus). Is there a custom rom that has mobile 3g data working out of the box? I tried the pacman rom but apparently that doesn't support data and I'm back to stock.<br />
<br />
If not can someone tell me a good rom (preferably lightweight, that dosen't have any weird features missing, like the camera doesn't work right or something) + modem I need to flash? I'm pretty new to flashing modems but I'll look into it, thank you. It's been a little frustrating for me looking for a good rom, but maybe I'm making it harder than it needs to be.
TouchWiz ROMs will be your most stable and have everything working out of the box. Just flash the modern that corresponds to the build (GB27=GB27 Modem). I recommend Project X v3.9.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Reactions: bigmike6200

Linux guy

Oct 23, 2012
Tucson
Too true. However touch whiz is a disgrace to this phone. Viluminati is at 4.4.2, has nothing missing (that I know?) And has 3g working. It may have a "call" bug that makes sound choppy when calling someone. That's probably it though.

sent from tumblr

mechz01

Apr 7, 2014
Too true. However touch whiz is a disgrace to this phone. Viluminati is at 4.4.2, has nothing missing (that I know?) And has 3g working. It may have a "call" bug that makes sound choppy when calling someone. That's probably it though.

sent from tumblr

I flashed Project X v3.9...man that's an ugly green theme. I checked out the Viluminati thread, people are reporting too many glitches for my liking.

Anything else?

HighxVoltage

Nov 24, 2013
Only options to get good 3G out of the box are any touchwiz ROMs. Shostock, Touched by GS4

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have D710 I'm using a Spring MVNO (ring plus). Is there a custom rom that has mobile 3g data working out of the box? I tried the pacman rom but apparently that doesn't support data and I'm back to stock.<br />
    <br />
    TouchWiz ROMs will be your most stable and have everything working out of the box. Just flash the modern that corresponds to the build (GB27=GB27 Modem). I recommend Project X v3.9.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png