[ROM] Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, ODIN Official Firmware Updates NO ROOT

Search This thread

Haxel

Feb 22, 2010
Well that stinks... just found out one of my pins are bent in the microUSB... wont detect PC connection... /sigh

I guess I need to go convert the ODIN tar to a cwm zip... ;.;

ddamian67

Jul 9, 2011
Fort Lauderdale
Thank you for this, i am going to try it,
sound with video chat still an issue with JB 4.2.2 CM10.1 and no body cares about it, stock rom probably will work fine as it work with ICS.

demonr6

Apr 20, 2012
Nice work, I can't wait to see this without the bloat and other TMO spy-crap.

ashkan78

Oct 18, 2011
Everything worka fine.I love costum rom but 4 2 2 still have a lot's of bugs,so I'll stay with this or root version till stable coming.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Haxel

Feb 22, 2010
Anyone have a spot to download a non-adulterated stock CWM Zip? I forgot how much of a pain it is to set up cygwin to make it myself. Hoping some helpful person went through the work already. I'm not even looking for deodexed.

The one posted on the forums right now is busted, and the "debloat" one has some... quirks.

ashkan78

Oct 18, 2011
Anyone have a spot to download a non-adulterated stock CWM Zip? I forgot how much of a pain it is to set up cygwin to make it myself. Hoping some helpful person went through the work already. I'm not even looking for deodexed.

The one posted on the forums right now is busted, and the "debloat" one has some... quirks.

i know someone working on it ,wait till tomorrow.

FCORivers

Dec 31, 2011
Carolina
Maybe this is a stupid question, but, here it goes, does the same method of rooting can be used on this as the one used on ics???

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
Reactions: FCORivers

skyfolly

Jan 12, 2011
DongGuan
this stock rom is very smooth and stable, i do not have the mood to try out custom roms anymore, used to be very unstable with custom roms(4.0.4, 4.1.* or 4.2.*) or 4.0.4 stock rom. i wanna know why.

thanks for the link.

popeye331

Sep 3, 2011
hope this isnt to noob of a question but after install and if i just root will i still have wifi calling? thanks for any and all info and again sorry if its a noob question

edit: also will this work with the 1.85 version of TWRP?

Last edited:

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
hope this isnt to noob of a question but after install and if i just root will i still have wifi calling? thanks for any and all info and again sorry if its a noob question

edit: also will this work with the 1.85 version of TWRP?

Rooting has no connection with Wi-Fi calling, so yes you will still have it. I can't answer on TWRP as I use CWM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Reactions: popeye331

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE DELETE THIS THREADE IF YOU THINK THERE ARE MANY SEMILAR THREAD LIKE THIS.

T-Mobile’s Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGH-T989) official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean has finally arrive! The firmware build number is “T989UVMC6″ this software is now spotted on Samsung Kies firmware server, and might to roll out starting now through OTA and Kies. For those who currently runs with custom ROM and or rooted devices and for those who can’t wait much longer to try this out, you can manually upgrade your Galaxy S2 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using the official build T989UVMC6 from the source below.

Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Features
    •Google Now
    •Smart Stay
    •Direct call
    •Pop-up Play
    •Nature UX Touchwiz
    •A lot better hardware performance such as camera etc.

Install Stock T989UVMC6 Android 4.1.2 JB Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S 2 SGH-T989

This method is called manual flashing by using Odin downloader and the original stock firmware, for we can’t upgrade on kies or OTA anymore after installing unofficial firmware on our devices previously.

Disclaimer: We shall not be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.This procedure is for advance users only, typical users may only upgrade only thru Kies or via OTA and may not use this method.

Important!

- Back up all important files before proceeding. Although the Internal memory and microSD card are both left alone during after the flash process for this firmware is a non wipe version. But all your settings and configuration will all be reset. So, be sure to have a back up all of it for safety.
    - If your device currently runs with any custom ROM, you may ask any assistance first from your ROM developer on how to safely return back to official stock to get rid of any issues.
    - Fully recharge your phone’s battery.
    - Use Windows-based OSX PC/laptop, Odin will not work on MAC OSX
    ODIN http://hotfile.com/dl/161620048/6c6d559/Odin3_v3.07.rar.html
    USB DRIVER https://hotfile.com/dl/169667640/bd9c4fe/T-Mobile_SGH-T989_SGSII_Driver.zip.html

Grab the original T989UVMC6 stock ROM:
    http://www.hotfile.com/dl/202091699/c92decf/T989UVMC6_T989TMBMC6_TMB.zip.html

1) “Extract” or “unzip” the downloaded stock ROM to get the .tar.md5 file.
    2) Run Odin3_v3.07.exe on PC desktop

3) In Odin - DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION check box, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left checked.

4) Click on the PDA button then browse to the folder where you extracted the stock ROM “tar file”

‘T989UVMC6_T989TMB_T989UVMC6_HOME.tar.md5′

5. Reboot the phone in download mode

5) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect the PC USB cable To Phone. In Odin, the ID:COM box will change its color and its an indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.

6) Click the Start button to begin flashing.

7) Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.

Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
    1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
    2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.

Select wipe cache
    Select wipe data/factory reset.
    Select reboot

That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989 now fully installed or restored to the original Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg
    9.jpg
    Thanks for this! :good:
    Should be good for people that want the pure stock update :)
    This rom saved me from buying the iPhone 5 new on T-Mobile.

I tried stock gingerbread and ics. GB was fast at times, but later started becoming very buggy. I couldn't do simple things such as check my email without it tripping.
    ICS stock was the worst by far.
    Custom ICS roms also were buggy.

This rom is so far so good! I'm crossing my fingers. I'm loving the Jelly Bean features.
    Anyone know if we can get the Android keyboard that let's us type "snowflake" for a snowflake emoji etc.?

I'm already able to see emoji. I guess it is enabled by default (there's no settings to enable/disable on Swype)
    but I want to be able to use the dictionary where you can write them out.

i think there is a option to pick android keyboard.go to setting you will find it
    @stej16

Since all download links are dead, here is a working one with the requisite MD5 hash check.

http://www.androidlegend.com/official-android-4-1-2-uvmc6-firmware-for-t-mobile-galaxy-s2-t989/