[GUIDE]Using flashtool to recover Play

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 2488575

Is there a rogers .ftf file?

Is this like an .sbf file on Motorola Devices?

D

Deleted member 2488575

What is the advantage of using this over the SE update manager?

It has a restore feature.

Laird_Attwood

Apr 8, 2011
England
What is the advantage of using this over the SE update manager?

It has a restore feature.

for us with unlocked bootloaders we can not use SE's standard routes as it semi kills our handsets or refuses to update and corrupts the lock area of the handset.

so flashtool does what we need and no need to spend $50 on the software that fixes the sim lock issue.

Used this method today after struggling to fix an issue from google talk video install. Works great!

dan-htc-touch

Dec 6, 2007
calgary
everything is working fine, and gameloft still recognized me and had my purchases available for redownload. only thing that's missing is the ability to purchase games via my phone bill, but not a big deal for me. sms, calls.. all working so far. just had to input my rogers apn.

theclueless

Jul 30, 2008
Chicago
everything is working fine, and gameloft still recognized me and had my purchases available for redownload. only thing that's missing is the ability to purchase games via my phone bill, but not a big deal for me. sms, calls.. all working so far. just had to input my rogers apn.

everything still works for me too, no more rogers brand

Last edited:

evo6

Jan 19, 2005
Hi,

Will this allow me to go back to 2.3.2? My boot loader is unlocked.

Thanks

Update....yes it will :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2488575

Has a Rogers FTF firmware file been found yet?

Waqas

Nov 7, 2004
Bradford, West Yorkshire
How do i know what country my Xplay is from. I got it in India sim free and bricked it in less than a month thanks to that darn OTA update. then i went and made a mistake of uploading the generic rom from this post so SEUS does not update it now. says i have a modified ROM.. so how do i find out what ROM i really do need. anyway to find that out? maybe from something on the sticker on the back..it says
R800i
SI 1247-2987 CB5
Type: AAD-3880088-BV AAAB
FCC ID: PY7A3880088 11W12
IC:4170B-A3880088
barcode
s/n
barcode

CE0682 "!"inside circle and a wastebin with a cross
made in china

thatsupnow

Jan 31, 2011
Vernon
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 5
How do i know what country my Xplay is from. I got it in India sim free and bricked it in less than a month thanks to that darn OTA update. then i went and made a mistake of uploading the generic rom from this post so SEUS does not update it now. says i have a modified ROM.. so how do i find out what ROM i really do need. anyway to find that out? maybe from something on the sticker on the back..it says
R800i
SI 1247-2987 CB5
Type: AAD-3880088-BV AAAB
FCC ID: PY7A3880088 11W12
IC:4170B-A3880088
barcode
s/n
barcode

CE0682 "!"inside circle and a wastebin with a cross
made in china

Is that for real? Cause I've flashed the same fw with no problems and I've even updated to 2.3.3 ota and I'm still rooted, was your bootloader unlocked? Cause if it was that would be the cause of your seus error

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to several devs here, we now have confirmed that latest flashtool workson Xperia Play.
    This means that now we have an option for ugrading, or flashing a bricked device (as many of you know, SEUS will now allow flashing device with an unlocked bootloader).

UK Generic .184 FTF file can be found here (This seems like it is same as World generic from my tests):

http://www.multiupload.com/2IBHV33CU5

Put the FTF file in firmware folder of flashtool before flashing.

Start flash tool, and it will instruct you. Full instructions on flashtool can be found here, be sure to download latest version:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=920746

Thanks to Bin4ry and Was for creating the UK Generic FTF file with bootlader.sin for the Play.
    Thanks to DooMLoRD for helping during the test of flashtool and FTF.

A last word of warning! Allthough this will flash the Play, there have been observations that Hong Kong Plays wont boot fully. This does NOT mean they are totally bricked. But may need HK version of stock firmware to flash.
    for those who bricked their XP and have it locked (just like me), they can fix it using SE update/recover program from here:
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/sup...etailed/updateservice/xperia-play?cc=gb&lc=en

I tried flashtool but it would not work, even with the generic one, because my XP is locked, but SE tool fixed my bricked XP.
    Right, Ive successfully created the FTF file (I think) im uploading now will take me a while ive only got 50kbps upload.

I will post link when done, this should be an "unrooted" version that has the two core packages included as well as the fixed update.xml.

Right created the package properly bricked my phone on purpose, and flashed this with data wipe, all worked perfectly!

So over to you guys once the link is up I hope it repairs your phones.
    Have you switched the phone off and have you pressed the Back button while connecting? It should be ID'd as "SEMC Flash device"
    This fixed it for me

This solved my problem after hours of frustration.

- Downloaded this and extracted the files.
    - Connected my phone in "flash mode" (hold "back" button and plug in usb cable)
    - Open Flashtools and clicked flash and OK.

(Be sure to have the right drivers. I just installed Sony Ericson Software Update and it installed itself)

When it was done my phone booted:D

Here is flashboot link with the small flash fix thing in it
    h**p://www .multiupload .com/Q103V01CV1

Source: h**p:// androidflip .com/fix-dead-sony-ericsson-phones-fota-update-unlocked-bootloader/