Feb 2, 2012
Jackson
Does this work with eclipse 2.2?
Nevermind lol dumb question
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

Last edited:
M

ManOfBusiness

finally got this to work, had to flash both zip files then before the oc commands i had to type the insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko and insmod /system/lib/modules/overclock.ko before i could change the freq.
but all in all it seems to be running smooth so far.
i'll let you guys know if i run into any problems
thank you!

This^^^^ worked for me. On .904 with miui rom

saintsdx

Apr 28, 2012
Sioux Falls, SD
Running into a little bit of a problem.

My phone died last night and I fully charged it overnight. Phone booted while charging. I have the overclock on boot script set up however it is not working?

This is my script

Overclock at boot

su
echo 3 1200000000 62 > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo 384000000 > /proc/overclock/gpu_opps

I do have the green sync circle which reflects to process at boot.

I try to run the script manually and the phone hangs trying to run the script.

Ideas?

ratledge

Jul 28, 2010
South Carolina
Man! Too freakin' easy...

Man, easy as could possibly be - without even hooking up my computer/ADB and works like a charm!

SMOOTH AS SILK!!! Thanks, I'll read back and figure out how to make it auto-process in the morning, I've got a 3:45am wake-up call for a 12-hour shift tomorrow...

========================

10 minutes later: duh! I'm not a nube: just mod the script in /proc/overclock - jeez: WAY too easy.

Last edited:

Kiboe

Jul 20, 2011
Grand Island, Nebraska
Man, easy as could possibly be - without even hooking up my computer/ADB and works like a charm!

SMOOTH AS SILK!!! Thanks, I'll read back and figure out how to make it auto-process in the morning, I've got a 3:45am wake-up call for a 12-hour shift tomorrow...

========================

10 minutes later: duh! I'm not a nube: just mod the script in /proc/overclock - jeez: WAY too easy.

what did you mod?

Reactions: ratledge

ratledge

Jul 28, 2010
South Carolina
/system/etc/init.d/00opptimize

Un-comment (remove "#" in front of) the lines that have the clocking for the GPU you want (overclocked to 384000000 - next to last line in the file) and "Echo 3 1200000000 62 > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps" (just removed the "#" in front) just below "# Droid3/Bionic/Atrix2 stock settings" line.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2011
I tried it, flashed the things and when i went in terminal to do the commands it just says "cannot create /proc/overclock/mpu_opps: no such file or directory.

What do i do to fix this?

skay

Sep 30, 2004
Princeton. MA
I tried it, flashed the things and when i went in terminal to do the commands it just says "cannot create /proc/overclock/mpu_opps: no such file or directory.

What do i do to fix this?

Just checking to see if this process can work under ICS OTA update = 6.7.246 ? I've updated my phone and rerooted it and can't get any overclock to my 1.0GHz max setting. If anyone has had success with any methods please post your info.

skay

Sep 30, 2004
Princeton. MA
If you want to OC, go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1754888
I'm OC'd @ 1.3gh right now, so it should work for you.

Thanks for the help. I am still stuck, downloaded the zip files but realized I cannot install these directly from stock recovery on ICS OTA (I am rooted). I saw that ClockworkMod Recovery allows installs of non-moto signed zipfiles so I tried installing that from ClockworkMod ROM Manager. The CW recovery install doesn't show any errors but upon rebooting I only see stock recovery? Am I missing something or is there a special procedure to install CWM Recovery on the ICS OTA release? I think I can get through the OC install procedure once I get a recovery app that allows installing the OC zip packages.

Cris_C

Mar 11, 2012
Denver, CO
Thanks for the help. I am still stuck, downloaded the zip files but realized I cannot install these directly from stock recovery on ICS OTA (I am rooted). I saw that ClockworkMod Recovery allows installs of non-moto signed zipfiles so I tried installing that from ClockworkMod ROM Manager. The CW recovery install doesn't show any errors but upon rebooting I only see stock recovery? Am I missing something or is there a special procedure to install CWM Recovery on the ICS OTA release? I think I can get through the OC install procedure once I get a recovery app that allows installing the OC zip packages.

Sorry buddy I'm not sure if you have to do something differently with CWM; I installed mine via Safestrap. Try removing CWM and install Safestrap, then try flashing the zip's. Let me know if that works out.

Top Liked Posts