[APPEAL] Official support for CyanogenMod 10.1

Search This thread

AlessandroXCV

Oct 25, 2011
nitrox-developers.blogspot.com
Hi man! I would like to show you a wonderful news :D

This is the current list of devices that have ( or will have ) official support from CyanogenMod team for CyanogenMod 10.1 ( Android 4.2.x ) :
  • Nexus 4
  • Galaxy S II
  • Galaxy Tab P1000
  • Samsung Epic 4G
  • Transformer Prime TF201
  • Galaxy Nexus CDMA
  • Galaxy W
  • Galaxy S i9000
  • Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
  • Galaxy SIII
  • Xperia T
  • Transformer TF101
  • Motorola Xoom
  • Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S
  • Galaxy Nexus
How you can see,there is Galaxy W,a very similar brother of our Galaxy S Plus. :cool:

So I've think to ask official support for our device because with Galaxy W,I think it will be much easier :laugh:

In you comments :good:

Last edited:

Aldokazer

Oct 2, 2012

This is the current list of Devices that have ( or will have ) official support from CyanogenMod theme for CyanogenMod 10.1 ( Android 4.2.x ) :

Nexus 4
Galaxy S II
Galaxy Tab P1000
Samsung Epic 4G
Transformer Prime TF201
Galaxy Nexus CDMA
Galaxy W
Galaxy S i9000
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Galaxy SIII
Xperia T
Transformer TF101
Motorola Xoom
Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S
Galaxy Nexus

How you can see,there is Galaxy W,a very similar brother of our Galaxy S Plus. :cool:

So I've think to ask official support for because with Galaxy W,I think it will be much easier :laugh:

Don't know why cynagonmod doesn't support our phone officially! It would have been so much easier then.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

sapsa

Oct 1, 2011
Poland
It would be great because our dev could IMRPOVE it even more thanks to stable CM, and not waste time to make it stable

t0kgrumps

May 28, 2012
Singapore
Well since cm made for galaxy w, our devs could somehow port it to our device since it has much similarities. But Xellar said that he already started to build cm10.1

Reactions: jeton90

DreamerTKM

Jun 20, 2012
Georgetown

This is the current list of devices that have ( or will have ) official support from CyanogenMod team for CyanogenMod 10.1 ( Android 4.2.x ) :
  • Galaxy W

So I've think to ask official support for because with Galaxy W,I think it will be much easier :laugh:

Will be very happy if we really get official support from cyanogen team =)

Its Ivendors decision.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk

Sorry I don't get what you mean :confused:

Reactions: Mu3ic4eVeR

XeLLaR*

Jun 25, 2012
DevConnection
You both are somehow right. You need a device maintainer and the CM Team.
So I think arco will be the device maintainer for the galaxy w. But now the W is an official device, there needs to be a fully working 3.x kernel i would say ;)

:good: if Galaxy W will get a fully working 3.0 Kernel, S Plus will get it too. We dont have to worry about anything. Galaxy W Got Off.Support? Hell yeah. Our devs(like ivendor and else) can do a lot with arcos sources, so there is no need for any fear that our device wont Get Android 4.2 or Android 5.0 if its out.

Last edited:
Reactions: jabrif

Keinbockwurst

Mar 7, 2011
But the last words is to Ivendor, as he has to decide if he wants to become our official device-maintainer.

Aldokazer

Oct 2, 2012
:good: if Galaxy W will get a fully working 3.0 Kernel, S Plus will get it too. We dont have to worry about anything. Galaxy W Got Off.Support? Hell yeah. Our devs(like ivendor and else) can do a lot with arcos sources, so there is no need for any fear that our device wont Get Android 4.2 or Android 5.0 if its out.

Now that's the spirit! :D

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: metalrules321

rahilsayed

Sep 13, 2011
Mumbai
Is our phone invisible to samsung company and also CM?
I know we have our brother Galaxy W to complete out our job of v4.2 but please this is harassment.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

Reactions: binlalo

alexisguitarra

Mar 16, 2011
Wonderful news. I'm glad for this. All we have to do is wait... ANDROID 4.2 + kernel 3.0 here we go...... :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• Nexus 4
    • Galaxy S II
    • Galaxy Tab P1000
    • Samsung Epic 4G
    • Transformer Prime TF201
    • Galaxy Nexus CDMA
    • Galaxy W
    • Galaxy S i9000
    • Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    • Galaxy SIII
    • Xperia T
    • Transformer TF101
    • Motorola Xoom
    • Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S
    • Galaxy Nexus

So I've think to ask official support for our device because with Galaxy W,I think it will be much easier :laugh:

Perhaps it can also help to raise the attention here and for CM, if we could move our whole thread tree
    below "Samsung Galaxy S I9000" to a general main device thread under root of xda
    as "Samsung Galaxy S I9001" as own and singular device here.
    But I don't know where to adress such action here.

I've asked one of the mods if we can get our own general/Q&A section :)
    Respect for your hard work! :D
    camcory managed to build a booting cm10.1
    maybe you guys can work together :p

We are working together. Camcory is making it for the exhibit though. Mine is also booting :p
    Eh... who said anything about official support? That was just a proof that it's actually booting. At this point, that's about it, as pretty much nothing else is working and it's extremely buggy. Getting it to a working state may take a loooong time, and also depends on whether Qualcomm will provide sources that supports the 7x30 platform on 4.2.

this.
    answer everything.
    ciao~
    No, it is not so. It is a CyanogenMod Team decision ;)

You both are somehow right. You need a device maintainer and the CM Team.
    So I think arco will be the device maintainer for the galaxy w. But now the W is an official device, there needs to be a fully working 3.x kernel i would say ;)