Contact management with personal plus Google Apps

Search This thread

bastian74

Dec 7, 2009
How do people have their contacts when using multiple Google accounts?
I email people from work using work and personal accounts, depending on the content so I want my contacts available on both

It seems most contact merging apps only address duplicate contacts but not contacts that are present in more than one account.

That is they consolidate multiple contacts into one but they do not "join" the contacts

Presently I have so many contacts and each contact had so many joins that my note 3 suffers when browsing contacts.

I also don't understand why Google and Google plus contacts are separate.

Some of my contacts have the maximum Ten joins and I need more, so clearly in not doing things the way Google intended.

Options: use a third party service to keep multiple accounts in sync, but only sync one to the phone.

Find a utility which can join (not just merge) contacts automatically

Also, my contact pictures keep disappearing. Not all of them, but some.

Can anyone explain how social networking contact syncing works when using the social network syncing versus using something like contacts plus and connecting it to Facebook?

I've been having a hell of a time trying to understand the philosophy behind Android contacts but I've not been able to make sense of how they were actually intended to be used. It seems totally haphazard

Last edited: