[How-To] Install any 2.x ROM in a CID-Locked G3 or G4 Wizard

Search This thread

neolusions

Nov 18, 2006
Originally Posted by crazykiwi
I tried RUU_RIsidoro_2.26.10.2_WWE+CF2SP1_G4 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=276700) with this method and it doesn't update the OS and GSM but does update the splash screen and the Extension ROM.

Mr Clean (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=267859) does work.

Device is a Qtek 9100 G4
Original ROM Version: 2.17.7.2 WWE
Original ROM date: 2/10/06
Original Radio version: 02.07.10
Protocol version: 413.1.03
Original ExtROM version: 2.17.7.102

I will cross-post in the other thread to see if RIsodoro can shed any light on this.

Many thanks for the guide - it saves hours of forum reading.

I got the OS to update when I used the lastest Tmobile OS.nb however the Extended Rom did not load.

Device: Tmobile MDA G4
Rom Version: 2.26.10.2 WWE
Rom Date: 6/7/06
Radio Version 02.25.11
Protocol Version: 4.1.13.12
IPL: 2.26.0001
SPL: 2.26.0001

I was wondering where I can download the extended rom portion.

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
I

I got the OS to update when I used the lastest Tmobile OS.nb however the Extended Rom did not load.

Device: Tmobile MDA G4
Rom Version: 2.26.10.2 WWE
Rom Date: 6/7/06
Radio Version 02.25.11
Protocol Version: 4.1.13.12

I was wondering where I can download the extended rom portion.
this a problem with tmobile devices ,htc and tmobile know about it.

neolusions

Nov 18, 2006
I ran typho5 on the Tmobile Official Rom

I got:

!!! storedcrc=fae6b0a0 calculatedcrc=5968e3ee
extracted SPL_1
extracted IPL_1
extracted SPL_2
extracted IPL_2
extracted GSM_0
extracted OS_0
extracted Splash Screen_0
extracted Extension ROM_2
extracted HTC Logo_0
extracted Extension ROM_1

but when i view the file I only have one Extension.nb
This version has an extended rom...
I dont much on this topic maybe someone can decipher this.

I ran it with Tmobile's extension.nb it didnt load either.

__s

Nov 3, 2006
Oh eddieitman, u will be the first one who will take care abt poor G4 minority ppl :)

P.S. first after risidoro :)

BearJ

Aug 3, 2006
Canada!
Hi all. I just got a new (well, a used one) MDA Vario today. I'd like to flash it to US ROM 2.26.10.2 from UK 2.21.2.6 so it'll match my other Vario. The installer fails with the Error 294 (Invaid Vender ID). Is this because the new Vario is a G4 and CID locked, or is this an issue with the installer?

Thanks!

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
help with my xda mini

hi my name is marios i am from Greece. i have branded O2 xda mini/ wiza 200 i have done everything you have posted. and then tried to flash RUU_Prodigy_2170702_21707102_20710_QTEK_GRE_Ship.exe_GR2.0.9. but i get error 296 upgrade only. my xda on boot mode now after flashing it with your rom shows me IPL1.01. SPL 2.21 and on the right it says RUU. i am desperate please help me i don't know what to do. thanks in advance. you can reply here or at mariosraptor@yahoo.gr.

foxenesys

Nov 8, 2006
- Download the archive NbfTool04.rar i'm attaching.

- Extract the executable NbfTool04.exe that's inside the archive

- Double click on it to start the program

- Go to File -> Open NBF... and select the file nk.nbf you've cooked

- Check if all the information are correct. Pay special attention to OS address, it's called wdata start inside the program. It must be 80040000 and NOT 82040000!!!

Has anyone noticed the tool is unable to dig into official upgrades nbf ? Why ?

nightstaff

Nov 28, 2006
xda problem with upgrade rom

Hi!I use the tutorial to change the rom from german to italian version but something gone wrong so now my phone display have three band of red,blue and green color.What i can do for this?Thanks and sorry for my english

__s

Nov 3, 2006
flash one of the compatible roms with risidoro's tutorial, for example mrclean one

ayoub_islam

Nov 21, 2006
please help me to upgrade my mda tmobile

i have a qtek 9100 mda tmobile

rom 2.21.2.6 wwe
radio 2.19.11

please help me to find french rom

nightstaff

Nov 28, 2006
mtty

I use mtty software but when i open it usb window display cmd> and no usb> why?And if i write set 14 0 nothing happen. What i can do? there are something can i do for my phone or i have to send to the assistence?

riptos

Feb 9, 2005
Thanks Risidoro,

Just cooked my own one up using your method, and it worked a treat. First created an extended rom via Faria's tutorial then did this with the T-mobile 2.26 ROM and done!

To note: 1 minor issue it did not update the radio rom tried to ad the latest one but it left it at 2.07 then tried the ROM only update and that too failed, but who cares i still got an AKU 2.3 instead of the O2 AKU2.0 so a happy chappy!

Riptos

SavageHouston

May 6, 2006
New york
help..

can someone please put up a working tutorial because the one thats there itsn't working any more i guess when i open it, it says cannot fix, so can someone please give me the tutorial i jus got the mda and i realized its G4 thanks..

gazman86

Dec 11, 2006
erm

I just cooked up a rom, installed... Rom wont boot. Stays on the first screen stating IPL 2.21.0001 SPL 2.21.0001 GSM 01.09.10 OS 1.5.4.2
It wont go any further than that. I followed the instructions in the .pf file to the letter and double checked every step to ensure I was doing it all right.
It did have T-mobile rom on it (which I still have) But I wanted the o2 (uk) version.
Is it F$%^ED?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    a few days ago i wrote on this forum that i had been able to install an italian ROM on a G4, CID-Locked Wizard. Since then, i've received several mails and PM from users asking me how i did. Instead of replying each one, i though it was better to write a tutorial and post it here for everyone to read/comment/correct it.

Here it is. Together with the tools you'll need to perform the update.

PS: in this tutorial i'm not explaining how to CID-UNlock a G4 or G3 (>= 2.21) phone. There is not yet a way to CID unlock these phones. I'm just describing how to circumvent the CID-lock problem by installing a ROM deprived of the IPL and SPL parts.

DISCLAIMER: THE PROCEDURE I’M GOING TO EXPLAIN DEALS WITH ROM ‘COOKING’ AND THUS IT MAY CAUSE SEVERE DATA LOSS OR EVEN IRREMEDIABLY DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE!
    THE AUTHOR, NOR EVERY OTHER PERSON INVOLVED (E.G. THE ROM TOOLS DEVELOPERS), SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MALFUNCTIONS OR DAMAGES THIS PROCEDURE MAY CAUSE.

By following this tutorial, you're removing both the bootloaders (IPL and SPL) from a rom of your choice. This means that, if you don't make errors while 'cooking' the rom, you cannot completely destroy (brick) your phone. Sure, you could end up with a non-booting rom but, as long as you can get to the three colors screen (the bootloader screen) you'll always be able to install a different (or your previous) working rom.

On the other hand, messing with IPL and SPL (i.e. installing a rom containing IPL and SPL in a CID locked device) is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and MUST be avoided in most cases!!!

Installing a 2.xx rom without messing with your phone's IPL and SPL is exactly what this tutorial tries to explain.

NEVER INSTALL ROMS OR FOLLOW TUTORIALS IF YOU'RE NOT SURE OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!!
    ALWAYS ASK BEFORE PROCEEDING! A SIMPLE QUESTION MAY SAVE YOUR PHONE FROM DEATH!