[App] HELP!! =) WoL Everywhere v2.2 - WoL PC's and remote-execute *.bat-/*.vbs-files!

Search This thread

LichtiMC

Dec 4, 2008
Please help me making this software multilingual!
It only lasts about 10 minutes!

• Login and go to http://99translations.com/projects/175/translation_files/4096
  • Click Create Translation
  • Click on the bulb next to the Locale textbox
  • Select Language (Pls. don't select country!)
  • Start translating the 69 terms by clicking on edit
  • Always click on "Save and Continue" if you translated the original text to your language!

Translation progress:

(I finished the unready translations with google translator... )

TEST-VERSION: (Click!)

Included in this test-release are the following languages:
English (Standart)
German
Italian
Chinese-Simple
Turkish
Spanish
Finnish
Swedish
Bulgarian
Dutch

I will wait till October the 4th and all translations which are there then, I will compile into the software! =)

Thanks in advance!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I use Software developed by XDA-members, I decided to give back a little bit... So I developed a piece of software, with which you can send Magic Packets to Computers either over LAN or over Internet.

Furthermore you can execute bat- and vbs-files on a pc running the server-app "batExec" remotely from the internet / lan / wlan. I think bat- and vbs-files are very flexibel, thats why I chose them to be started by the server-app...

I used the fantastic Sense SDK v1.39 of eboelzer, to match the design-technical requirements of our (HD2-)Device :D
Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=648906

Naturally I tested the software and on my HTC HD2 it works without any errors... :)

By the way... this is a .net compact framework v3.5 compatible program. It does not work with lower version of the framework.
You can get the framework here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...49-3C6B-42F1-9FD9-0041345B3385&displaylang=en

Attention! --> The newest client app does only run with the newest server app!
Now: Client -> 2.2 Server -> 1.2
Before: Client -> 2.1 Server -> 1.1
Before: Client -> 2.0 Server -> 1.0

Screenshot WoL Everywhere

Screenshot Remote Execute bat-files

Client changelog:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Changelog v2.2
  • About-form
Changelog v2.1
  • vbs-support
  • little improvements
Changelog v2.0
  • Remote bat-file execute added
  • Some improvements
Changelog v1.4
  • SIPInputPanel-Events included (Now the text isn't overlapped by the keyboard anymore)
  • Nicer About-Screen...
Changelog v1.3
  • Automatically establish connection, when clicked WoL o. Internet
  • Sense SDK new version
Changelog v1.2
  • AppToDate Support
  • Fix the same spelling mistake again *g*
Changelog v1.1
  • Default Port = 7
  • Wol renamed to WoL
  • Default action for "Saved devices" of edit
  • Spelling mistake (Send -> Sent)
  • Removal of the smiley :( ;)
  • Higher resolution icon (64px*64px)

Screenshot Server

Server Changelog:
Changelog v1.2
  • Made application UAC-compatible (better Windows Vista and 7 compatibility)
  • Bugfix: impossible string to integer conversion corrected
Changelog v1.1
  • vbs-support
  • Define your own bat-directory
  • view always the full log-file in textbox
Informations regarding batExec:
Just copy the bat-files you wan't to be executed to the following path:
The programs installation directory/bat/
In my case: C:\Program Files\BatExec\bat\

Don't forget to open the port you use at Windows Firewall (or at any other fw...)
This is all you have to do. My app reads the bat-files in this directory and sends their names to the client app... then just tap one and it will be executed by the server-app...

Options are self-explanatory, i guess... ;)

Maybe some general informations about WoL:

To use WoL over lan, you do not need anything else like WoL configured on your nic / BIOS and a connection to your (home-)network with your device (over W-Lan...)

If you want to use WoL over the Internet you have to do some more things:

• Configure WoL on your Network Card
    You have to activate WOL on your network-card! If your network-card is a newer one, you can probably set up this option at Device-Manager --> right click on your network-card --> Advanced --> Somewhere at the options there (look for WoL, Magic Packets, Remote start, ...)
    At older PC's I often saw this option in system BIOS...
    Sometimes I had to do both of these things to get WoL working as well...
  • Configure Port-Forwarding on your Router (Directed Broadcast)
    You have to forward a port on your router (e.g. port 7) to your local-network-broadcast-address... (If the IP of the "WoL" - Computer is 192.168.1.10 then the broadcast-address is most likely 192.168.1.255)
  • Set up WoL everywhere with public ip and forwarded board
    Fill in the field IP into my program with the public (outside)- ip of your router (or the DynDNS-Domain-Name) and the forwarded port into port.
  • Start your PC's
    If you set up everything correctly, you should be able to start your PC's from wherever you want, and whenever you want... :)

Here a guide on HOW TO set your PC/laptop up in order to be turned on with your phone WITHIN your home LAN/WIFI. (Thanks tomthemd =)

Pls. report found bugs, as I'll try to fix them... :cool:
If you find any spelling / grammar mistakes in my description-thread or in my program, pls. let me know too... (I'm not an english pro) !!!

So I hope you enjoy this program!

Attachments

• WoL_Everywhere_v2.2.CAB
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,743
  • batExec_install_v1.2.rar
    446.6 KB · Views: 748
Last edited:

BJohnM

Apr 4, 2007
Tampa, FL
Looks very cool

Unfortunately I'm not enough of a geek I guess. When I set up port forwarding, I have to provide a protocol to use. Any clue what that should be?

D

Demon_man

you cant use this if your pc is wifi only though can, main pc downstairs connected to the router mine is wifi upstairs, just been reading WOL cant be done over wireless??:confused:

MalekoUK

Dec 1, 2009
UK
www.malekophotography.co.uk
you cant use this if your pc is wifi only though can, main pc downstairs connected to the router mine is wifi upstairs, just been reading WOL cant be done over wireless??:confused:

No it cant, as your wireless card/device needs to be powered to have a connection to your network.
Even when your PC is off and is hard wired you have link lights showing the connection.
Wireless needs to be powered to work.

D

Demon_man

cheers MalekoUK thought i had read right well in a fashion you can do it but you need, "the network card must support it and may need a special jumper cable to connect to the motherboard's Wake-on-LAN connector (a three-pin connector on motherboards using an ATX power supply"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN

hey ho oh well ill do this at the missus house haha

highlander.pl

Feb 8, 2010
OK, I've tested it on following hardware:

1.Router Linksys (WRT54GCv3, Firmware Version: 1.00.14)
- port forwarding:
port number: 7, UDP to broadcast address xxx.xxx.xxx.255 (with a little helpful trick described in above post - it works on that router)

2.Lenovo T61p at docking station (lan connected to it)

3. HTC HD2 (ROM 1.48.479.1)

The PC awoke up from local network and Internet (3G) as well

The only problem with apps was to fill up the WAN IP when the field was hidden by manila pop up keyboard :)

br High

bernabap

Jul 25, 2009
Finally someone made a finger-friendly WOL.

Thanks LichtiMC really enjoyed it!

Unfortunately I never got to use WOL over the internet with my router, I tried several times and always end giving up.

I will explain here my attempts to see if someone with the same hardware can help me. I have a linksys WRT54G v6.0 with firmware DD-WRT v24 SP2 micro.
I've tried to port (7) forwarding to host ip (192.168.1.79) or to broadcast (192.168.1.255), both do not work. Also tried to add a startup script on the router but did not work too.

I made a picture of my attempts, if anyone can help me I'd be grateful.

wrt54g.png

My problem is only with internet, under my home network works smoothly. I also can wol under my web interface of my firmware and if I click on "Wake Up" under WOL Addresses I can wake my laptop without error.

I think my problem is in the port forwarding, though it does appear as if they were forwarding (as pictured) I think is not!

Is there any way to check if the ports are open or not? Most software that I know for this function only works when the port are active. None of them recognized port 7 as open.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• WRT54G.jpg
    WRT54G.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 37

tomparrish

Dec 19, 2009
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share this with us.
I have been wanting something like this ever since March 15th.

nicandris

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 5, 2009
Amsterdam
plus.google.com
hello there... i hope @LichtiMC won't mind to place his thread as an app request in android forums!!

if you can compile it for android that would be excellent, or you can share the code with the developers willing to start this project!

thanx in advance!

speebman

Oct 21, 2007
great job, finealy somebudy tought about this
but i think you need to post a good "how to" configure your router or get your ip from the system.
still wounderful job
danny

Mad Marc

Feb 1, 2009
between Bonn & Cologne
Hi LichtiMC!

Great piece of software! Working flawless on my TP2. Found 1 minor bug: I certainly tried it out localy at first, when taping "WoL over Internet" after that again the "Network/Local" bar comes up but the "IP/Host" and "Port" fields are missing. After a little swipe up and down the display they appear. Not realy a bug, more a graphical issue.
Thank you for sharing!

Edit: Is there a workaround for Fritz!Box 7170 to get the Broadcast-IP into the field? It tells me 192.XXX.XXX.255 is not allowed. I'll try with the computers IP for now, first I've got to setup a dyndns ;-)

Last edited:

LichtiMC

Dec 4, 2008
Finally someone made a finger-friendly WOL.

Thanks LichtiMC really enjoyed it!

Unfortunately I never got to use WOL over the internet with my router, I tried several times and always end giving up.

I will explain here my attempts to see if someone with the same hardware can help me. I have a linksys WRT54G v6.0 with firmware DD-WRT v24 SP2 micro.
I've tried to port (7) forwarding to host ip (192.168.1.79) or to broadcast (192.168.1.255), both do not work. Also tried to add a startup script on the router but did not work too.

I made a picture of my attempts, if anyone can help me I'd be grateful.

wrt54g.png

My problem is only with internet, under my home network works smoothly. I also can wol under my web interface of my firmware and if I click on "Wake Up" under WOL Addresses I can wake my laptop without error.

I think my problem is in the port forwarding, though it does appear as if they were forwarding (as pictured) I think is not!

Is there any way to check if the ports are open or not? Most software that I know for this function only works when the port are active. None of them recognized port 7 as open.

Thanks for any help!

Look at this...
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wake-on-LAN_(tutorial)