FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

COMPILE From Source For Any Phone On Linux Distros [BUILD ENVIRONMENT TO COMPILE]

1,275 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,834

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd December 2012, 02:16 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag ▒▅|▆|█|▆|▅▒

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2

The issue with guides like these is they are specific to one version of Ubuntu. I successfully build Android on gentoo, which has about as little in common with Ubuntu as possible. Hence we prefer to go for guides which, where possible, teach the reasoning, rather than the method.

For building CM, this might be worthwhile merging into the "how to build android from source" one?

Unfortunately this guide isn't usable for most people, as it relies on the hacksung build scripts, so you can only build for certain devices...

What might be better is a guide on using roomservice via lunch, to build for any device?

i said in starting This is based for Galaxy Note 1 But You can edit to make for your phone

22nd December 2012, 07:37 PM |#12  
Flag Wirral
Thanks Meter: 71

More
I'd guess this is a step by step guide for people with this device as others have said and it is very specific. What would be useful is if you did it in steps and was more generic, say when you set up your environment you tell the reader to check for himself in device forums for a devs source code to be able to try. and if that is too difficult to explain then you may have to explain the principle for the people with little to no knowledge of building what they are doing instead of type this and paste that. great idea, but needs much improvement in actual teaching. also if someone had the knowledge to edit to make it for their own phones then they wouldn't need to use this guide in the first place.
The Following User Says Thank You to pashinator For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pashinator Ad-Free
22nd December 2012, 10:58 PM |#14  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 37

More
For some reason the CM repo isnt syncing in the folder I want it to.
Code:
mkdir ~/cm10
cd ~/cm10
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b jellybean
repo sync -j16
It just spits everything in the home directory (~/) and the working folder I wanted everything in (~/cm10) is empty.

Any idea what the hell I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Well I got it to sync in the folder I wanted it to finally. I had to
Code:
rm -rf ~/.repo
first before it would initialize in my cm10 folder. Absolutely bizarre...
23rd December 2012, 05:01 AM |#15  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 3,012

More
@OP
You might wanna change "CopyPasta" to "Copy-Paste".
The Following User Says Thank You to sgt. meow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sgt. meow Ad-Free
23rd December 2012, 05:03 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag ▒▅|▆|█|▆|▅▒

Donate to Me
More
i made it for fun
23rd December 2012, 06:08 AM |#17  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 3,012

More
Oh okay then. But to me, it seems a bit...err...unprofessional. No offense intended.
The Following User Says Thank You to sgt. meow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sgt. meow Ad-Free
23rd December 2012, 03:32 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun46

sorry for my mistake
u should enter it in package manager and install them all

Using aptitude I've got this:

andreas@rex-laptop:~$ sudo aptitude install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl zlib1g-dev zlib1g-dev:i386 libc6-dev lib32ncurses5-dev ia32-libs x11proto-core-dev libx11-ddev:i386 lib32z-dev libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc readline-common libreadline6-dev libreadline6 lib32readline-gplv2-dev libncurses5-dev lib32readline5 lib32readline6 libreadline-dev libreadline6-dev:i386 libreadline6:i386 bzip2 libbz2-dev libbz2-1.0 libghc-bzlib-dev lib32bz2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev squashfs-tools pngcrush schedtool libwxgtk2.6-dev python
Keine Kandidatsversion für lib32ncurses5-dev gefunden
Keine Kandidatsversion für ia32-libs gefunden
Es konnte kein Paket gefunden werden, dessen Name oder Beschreibung auf »lib32z-dev« passt.
Keine Kandidatsversion für lib32readline-gplv2-dev gefunden
Keine Kandidatsversion für lib32readline5 gefunden
Keine Kandidatsversion für lib32readline6 gefunden
Keine Kandidatsversion für lib32bz2-dev gefunden
Keine Kandidatsversion für libwxgtk2.6-dev gefunden
Keine Kandidatsversion für lib32ncurses5-dev gefunden
Keine Kandidatsversion für ia32-libs gefunden
Es konnte kein Paket gefunden werden, dessen Name oder Beschreibung auf »lib32z-dev« passt.
Keine Kandidatsversion für lib32readline-gplv2-dev gefunden
Keine Kandidatsversion für lib32readline5 gefunden
Keine Kandidatsversion für lib32readline6 gefunden
Keine Kandidatsversion für lib32bz2-dev gefunden
Keine Kandidatsversion für libwxgtk2.6-dev gefunden
Die folgenden NEUEN Pakete werden zusätzlich installiert:
bison flex g++-4.7-multilib{a} g++-multilib gcc-4.7-multilib{a} gcc-multilib{a} ghc{a} git{a} git-core git-man{a} gperf lib64gcc1{a} lib64gomp1{a} lib64itm1{a} lib64quadmath0{a}
lib64stdc++6{a} libasound2-dev{a} libaudiofile-dev{a} libavahi-client-dev{a} libavahi-common-dev{a} libbison-dev{a} libbsd-dev{a} libbz2-dev libc6-amd64{a} libc6-dev-amd64{a}
libcaca-dev{a} libdbus-1-dev{a} libesd0-dev libffi-dev{a} libfl-dev{a} libghc-bzlib-dev libglib2.0-dev{a} libgmp-dev{a} libgmpxx4ldbl{a} liblzo2-2{a} libncurses5-dev libpcre3-dev{a}
libpcrecpp0{a} libpng12-dev{a} libpulse-dev{a} libreadline-dev libreadline6-dev libsdl1.2-dev libslang2-dev{a} libtinfo-dev{a} mingw32 mingw32-binutils{a} mingw32-runtime{a} pngcrush
python-markdown python-pygments{a} schedtool squashfs-tools tofrodos xsltproc
Die folgenden Pakete werden ENTFERNT:
ca-certificates-java{u} libatk-wrapper-java{u} libatk-wrapper-java-jni{u} tzdata-java{u}
0 Pakete aktualisiert, 55 zusätzlich installiert, 4 werden entfernt und 0 nicht aktualisiert.
103 MB an Archiven müssen heruntergeladen werden. Nach dem Entpacken werden 425 MB zusätzlich belegt sein.
Möchten Sie fortsetzen? [Y/n/?] y

Running Kubuntu 12.10, KDE 4.9.4
23rd December 2012, 06:11 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag ▒▅|▆|█|▆|▅▒

Donate to Me
More
try to use stock package manager
24th December 2012, 12:11 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun46

try to use stock package manager

Isn't "apt" the "stock" package manager in (K)Ubuntu?

But I've another question @mithun46: Is it possible, that your guide only works on a 64bit edition of ubuntu? So that 32bit installations ain't supported?
24th December 2012, 08:16 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 7,208

Donate to Me
More
By referring to this: http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html (This guide can also be used to set up your build environment)

Quote:

For Gingerbread (2.3.x) and newer versions, including the master branch, a 64-bit environment is required. Older versions can be compiled on 32-bit systems.

To start off, reading the guides by Android Open Source Project will be better as they provide a general idea of what to do: http://source.android.com/index.html
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ryuinferno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ryuinferno Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
*abhi boomed here*, compile android from source, easy, ubuntu 12.10

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)