interesting thoughts about simlock on htc wildfire.

Search This thread

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
ive been thinking lately what with the larger amounts of threads with people asking for simlock (network lock) removal why cant we yet? we have s-off and root.;)
ive been looking into how the sensation does it and one method is that on a file on the phone the unlock code is just sitting there waiting to be found! and i dont really know how the other one works, it involves flashing a pg58diag.zip and it seems to remove the sim lock like a xtc clip would.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1232107&highlight=xtc+clip

feel free to correct me if im wrong on this but this makes it look easy. even if we cant find the code surly one of us can make a flashable zip to delete the simlock rules like the xtc clip does!

now ive already looked for the *holy file* with the simlock removal code and its not in the wildfire build (from what i can tell, i dont know if you would need to be on stock firmware or not) but with enough patience maby we could find it. i tried to gett root explorer to scan all the files on my internal memory for my imei code but the app just crashed so i may have to look manually, even then it might be kept in with the hboot, or the radio. who knows :p my point is that surly one of us can crack it? i will try my best and any help would be appreciated:D

thoughts anyone?:cool:

Reactions: cobby911

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Good idea that, I've started looking too with root explorer to see if I can find my imei with a code above, according to that guide its in mmcblkop6 which doesn't exist on my phone apparently and theres a lot of files to search through, I've searched for that string with terminal but it couldn't find anything. I also searched for mmcblkop1 through to 9 and nothing showed up then either.

Also my phone was unbranded and unlocked when it was bought so I don't know if this would affect my abilities to help you search for the right file or not as it may or may not even be there.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Thanks for joining the search :) I'm thinking that the file name probably wont be the same, but the type of file may be in there somewhere. We need to think of a way to dump the whole internal memory as readable files. I tried breifly to open a nandroid but I can't seem to make the image files readable as just files :-( might try and see if I can contact the guys invloved in doing the sensation to see what kind of file we are looking for and how that zip file works. Also I s-offed by xtc clip so who knows if that file is still there for me :p

sent from my steroid powered, cyanogenmod filled wrecking machine! using xda app.

Slymobi

Jan 29, 2011
Here
I have 2 wildfires available to me,1 rooted,s-off by revolutionary the other untouched stock froyo.both are networked locked. 1st to three UK and 2nd to vodafone UK. If I can be of any help let me know.

"sent from me2u"

Last edited:

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
I have 2 wildfires available to me,1 rooted,s-off by revolutionary the other untouched stock froyo.both are networked locked. 1st to three UK and 2nd to vodafone UK. If I can be of any help let me know.

"sent from me2u"

thanks for the offer man :cool:

so far ive been trying to look inside a nandroid backup to see if i can find it hiding in there somewhere as a nandroid is the whole system i think?? also ive pm`ed dav22 to ask how he stumbled on the file, as maby knowing what kind of file it is might help :D wish me luck :p

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
update

just realised that sdmaid (app) has a function that allows you to search for words and numbers in files so ive told it to search the whole phone. might take a while:D

update. sdmaid took nearly half an hour but it came up with two files but they were both bug reports on the sdcard. i dont know if the searcher looks through the whole phone or just the whole sdcard.....

Last edited:

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
http://db.tt/Wl3AtWfG

This will extract from nandroids, extract it to a folder on your pc then drag the system.img etc into the application file.

I just had a quick scan through a system.img but I couldn't see /dev/block anywhere so I'm guessing that partition might be locked away from nandroids backups.

Slymobi

Jan 29, 2011
Here

This will extract from nandroids, extract it to a folder on your pc then drag the system.img etc into the application file.

I just had a quick scan through a system.img but I couldn't see /dev/block anywhere so I'm guessing that partition might be locked away from nandroids backups.

I'm sure I've seen/dev/block lately whilst flashing different cwm versions through terminal!! Does this help? Maybe the files are in recovery!

"sent from me2u"

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011

ive tried that but it wont open all file types. it wont open the boot for example. ive found something called droid explorer that allows me to search through all the files on the phone through my desktop, so im trying with that for the meantime.

also ive had another though, if some was good enough with the terminal would they not be able to tell the phone to look in its files and folders for the imei number? ive tried but im not skilled enough.

just a thought, what if the information was kept in with the radio information? because why else would htc dev keep the radios locked?

Last edited:

Slymobi

Jan 29, 2011
Here
ive tried that but it wont open all file types. it wont open the boot for example. ive found something called droid explorer that allows me to search through all the files on the phone through my desktop, so im trying with that for the meantime.

also ive had another though, if some was good enough with the terminal would they not be able to tell the phone to look in its files and folders for the imei number? ive tried but im not skilled enough.

just a thought, what if the information was kept in with the radio information? because why else would htc dev keep the radios locked?

Wouldn't flashing a different radio have locked our phones out of our own sim/network then? I think its gotta be somewhere that is not touched by rooting or any other flashing for that matter!! I don't know lol I'm confusing myself.

Dev/block is found in sys/dev/block ...... haven't a clue what I'm looking for lol.

"sent from me2u"

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
nice find. ive been looking at these file but they go on forever :( i tried to remove the file from my phone but root explorer only moves the folder :/

and everything gets altered at somestage :/ is there a bios for the phone aside from the bootloader? and lets think logicaly, what would perform the check to make sure its the right sim?

Last edited:

Slymobi

Jan 29, 2011
Here
Found a file that might be interesting!!! System/xbin/blockdev. ?? I don't know I'm way out of my depth here now so think I'll leave it to people who know more. Would be better to know what to look for?

"sent from me2u"

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Found a file that might be interesting!!! System/xbin/blockdev. ?? I don't know I'm way out of my depth here now so think I'll leave it to people who know more. Would be better to know what to look for?

"sent from me2u"

i dunno man, ill be honest half of this is guesswork on my part. what would be good is if we could get a program that would scan every file on the phone in search of the code. but i dunno like.:eek:

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Wow...... how deep does sys/dev/block go? Or am I just going round in circles? lol

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Ok now I'm confused?

Is it supercid/cid we need to change to 11111111?

Mine is currently vodap001 which would mean I'm locked ti Vodafone presumably even though I have a o2 sim in.

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Does revolutionary not give supercid? See I used xtc clip.... we might have to supercid then :p I was looking at my bootloader earlier and the simlock command looks for a mccmnc file and the Cid file. I know that it won't work on mine as the xtc clip deletes/ alters these files so we may need to supercid the phones as the sensations get supercid'd

sent from my steroid powered, cyanogenmod filled wrecking machine! using xda app.

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Also how did you check your Cid?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ive been thinking lately what with the larger amounts of threads with people asking for simlock (network lock) removal why cant we yet? we have s-off and root.;)
    ive been looking into how the sensation does it and one method is that on a file on the phone the unlock code is just sitting there waiting to be found! and i dont really know how the other one works, it involves flashing a pg58diag.zip and it seems to remove the sim lock like a xtc clip would.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1232107&highlight=xtc+clip

feel free to correct me if im wrong on this but this makes it look easy. even if we cant find the code surly one of us can make a flashable zip to delete the simlock rules like the xtc clip does!

now ive already looked for the *holy file* with the simlock removal code and its not in the wildfire build (from what i can tell, i dont know if you would need to be on stock firmware or not) but with enough patience maby we could find it. i tried to gett root explorer to scan all the files on my internal memory for my imei code but the app just crashed so i may have to look manually, even then it might be kept in with the hboot, or the radio. who knows :p my point is that surly one of us can crack it? i will try my best and any help would be appreciated:D

thoughts anyone?:cool:
    Or type getprop ro.cid which does show it as 11111111, which one should I believe?

Does this mean anything?
    Its from /system/customize/cid/HTC_001which is the cid profile I'm on.

</function>

</module>

<module name="OOBE">

<function name="Block_No_SIM">

<set name="single">

<item name="Country">uk</item>

</set>

</function>

</module>

</category>

could you please copy the file and ill create the dirrectories and put the file and reboot it may work?

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Here Guy, can you please check in sys/class/HTC_accelerometer/accelerometer/phoneonoffflag and tell me what it says :)
    Also anybody know if it's possible to do a logcat or moniter what a phone does from boot? Because if we could then could we not just turn on the phone while it's connected to a PC with a locked sim in it, watch where it checks the sim information against and then just go to that file??

sent from my android powered. tank using xda premium B-)
    ill check now
    found this I want to try but got go to work as work nights over weekend but if you have any lucky with it or info please post as read it on my phone. If you don't chance either i will have ago on Monday.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=289830
    My backup cid is now 11111111 I'm sure it wasn't a that before? I haven't tested a sim since I ran the drag as had to go to work