[ROM] AOKP (4.2.2) (Beta) For the Samsung Epic 4g - 03/06/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lmsomb

May 2, 2010
Union City
Just curious to know if anyone here is using the battery saving feature in the AOKP menu? If so, what's the best set up for good battery life? I left my phone on during the night and saw that it was waking up a TON. Lost 30% in 7-8 hours.

I was using JuiceDefender btw.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using AOKP!

I find no need to use it... I don't over clock or undervolt and my phone sleeps like a baby with out the random wakes at night :D

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

steelers_exe

Apr 9, 2011
Wondering if anybody has encountered this bug. While playing music, I use PlayerPro, occasionally music skips, akin to when you would shake a cd player. I searched and saw someone having a similar problem while using google music. Im not streaming the music though, and this happens primarily right before receiving a text message or switching from wifi to 3g. Any ideas on this? Im on AOKP 5.2 by the way.

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Wondering if anybody has encountered this bug. While playing music, I use PlayerPro, occasionally music skips, akin to when you would shake a cd player. I searched and saw someone having a similar problem while using google music. Im not streaming the music though, and this happens primarily right before receiving a text message or switching from wifi to 3g. Any ideas on this? Im on AOKP 5.2 by the way.

i dont have this problem havent encountered it atleast but if you install Voodoo you can get rid of jitter and buffering etc... for music plus i use n7player

steelers_exe

Apr 9, 2011
i dont have this problem havent encountered it atleast but if you install Voodoo you can get rid of jitter and buffering etc... for music plus i use n7player

I already have Voodoo installed. I actually dont flash roms until a kernel compatible with Voodoo is released, gotta have Voodoo color and sound on my phone. :p

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
This Theme (Mixer ICS) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12561735&postcount=1 looks great on AOKP
AOKP-Banner.png

I first tried ICS when CM9 came out. Ended up going back to CM7 finally decided to take the plunge for some AOKP. I have been using this 2 days and over the past 2 days I have read this whole thread. I have nothing bad to say about this ROM it works great. Battery life is great (now that I removed Facebook). Thanks for all the hard work.

One question I have... I don't believe this to be ROM related at all but, just wandering if anyone else has seen this. When I am using Google Navigation sometimes it decides to keep saying the same direction over the speaker no matter what even though the on screen direction says something else. The only way I've been able to fix this is to clear data in maps. Anyone else notice this?

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
Running latest aokp. I noticed I had to fix permissions in recovery after flashing..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

darkierawr

Feb 2, 2011
Hey Alias, whenever I go to remove applications and edit the build.prop etc, I always always get errors. There are a few files in ringtones and notification that are duplicates and error out when you try and change anything.

I have to go in and delete them before I can do anything. Is that something you can fix?

diablo311

Dec 22, 2011
mission viejo
Just curious to know if anyone here is using the battery saving feature in the AOKP menu? If so, what's the best set up for good battery life? I left my phone on during the night and saw that it was waking up a TON. Lost 30% in 7-8 hours.

I was using JuiceDefender btw.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using AOKP!

Best way to do is set ur data to turn off when the screen goes off

Alias8818

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Hey Alias, whenever I go to remove applications and edit the build.prop etc, I always always get errors. There are a few files in ringtones and notification that are duplicates and error out when you try and change anything.

I have to go in and delete them before I can do anything. Is that something you can fix?

The duplicates, from what I know, are for other applications. Removing the duplicates may cause other errors. I will investigate this more indepth if you feel its too much of an issue. :)

Nicole2320

Feb 25, 2008
I know this has probably been answered but I cant find the search tool. I am trying to change the screen lock and used the one under rom control instead of the slide under security but it isnt locking my phone. Can it be changed?

dohturdima

Jan 6, 2011
I know this has probably been answered but I cant find the search tool. I am trying to change the screen lock and used the one under rom control instead of the slide under security but it isnt locking my phone. Can it be changed?

The following works for me: Settings -> Rom Control -> Lockscreen options -> choose lockscreen style (uncheck "wait to lock screen).

My question - are there any plans to have the native hotspot work with 4G? My laptop seems to have trouble connecting to the wifi tether app, in any iteration - and the native hotspot tether is 3g only.

nathan951

Sep 5, 2010
Anyone notice how a lot of the apps installed (after updating 35.2) in play store, say "You device isn't compatible with this verison?"

debinnv

May 31, 2009
Nevada
First off, a huge thank you to all that make this possible. Now, I saw a little statement and I want to make sure I have this right before I flash this. I try to read everything before I do stuff. It's been awhile since I have done any flashing as I had a samsung moment before. Anyway when I went to download the g-apps I saw this little blurb. "Information from the developer
-Revert GoogleBackupTransport to 20120317 version" So, does this mean I need to download both the current gapp file and the 0317gapp and pull the transport.apk out of the 0317 gapp and overwrite the transport.apk in the current g-app file? Wow, I hope that made sense :) Also as of right now I am just rooted with CWM 5.0.2.7 with the BML file system anything thing I need to know that's not in the video seeing as I am coming from rooted stock FC09 with BML? Thanks again

Last edited:

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
First off, a huge thank you to all that make this possible. Now, I saw a little statement and I want to make sure I have this right before I flash this. I try to read everything before I do stuff. It's been awhile since I have done any flashing as I had a samsung moment before. Anyway when I went to download the g-apps I saw this little blurb. "Information from the developer
-Revert GoogleBackupTransport to 20120317 version" So, does this mean I need to download both the current gapp file and the 0317gapp and pull the transport.apk out of the 0317 gapp and overwrite the transport.apk in the current g-app file? Wow, I hope that made sense :) Also as of right now I am just rooted with CWM 5.0.2.7 with the BML file system anything thing I need to know that's not in the video seeing as I am coming from rooted stock FC09 with BML? Thanks again

From AOKP OP, see alias8818 link to the Epic AOKP blog, then find GApps link from there for version 20120429 (the 317 gapps do NOT apply to the current AOKP).......also, when you flash AOKP from CWM5.0.2.7, your recovery will automatically change to CWM5.5.0.4 + your system will change to MTD (no longer BML); you will flash GApps immediately after flashing AOKP in recovery, THEN reboot to system..............that's gr8 that your doing your reading/research prior to flashing..........AOKP_build35.2 is a GOOD choice, welcome aboard!

..........sent from today's android 4.0.4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts