[Discussion] What text messaging app do you use on your GS5?

Which SMS app do you use on your S5

• Stock TouchWiz app

Votes: 32 38.6%
  • Textra

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • GoSMS

• EvolveSMS

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • 8sms

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Handcent

• Hello

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Hangouts

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Hoverchat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

fastfed

Feb 13, 2008
I personally really like the new stock TW messaging app... wbu?!

Was using hangouts, but when trying to send audio files or videos its a PITA!!!

Then I went to this new "evolve" messaging app.. while it seemed cool, I texted the WRONG person something I shouldn't have.. To say the least I was pissed. Then the stupid will give me error messages when sending pictures.. Guess what.

Why change something thats NOT BROKE! Stock messaging app is actually AWESOME!

ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ISSUES!

Unlesss someone can tell me a good reason to switch, I'm staying

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Was using hangouts, but when trying to send audio files or videos its a PITA!!!

Then I went to this new "evolve" messaging app.. while it seemed cool, I texted the WRONG person something I shouldn't have.. To say the least I was pissed. Then the stupid will give me error messages when sending pictures.. Guess what.

Why change something thats NOT BROKE! Stock messaging app is actually AWESOME!

ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ISSUES!

Unlesss someone can tell me a good reason to switch, I'm staying

I've been on Evolve since it came out (I still had my S4). It would crash constantly and I would never be able to send/receive pics and the Dev is a d!ck. Got my S5 and been on the stock messaging app and haven't looked back! Might try out Hoverchat (previously NinjaSMS).

fastfed

Feb 13, 2008
Actually since you mentioned hover chat. I tried it and loved it!!

Then like every single other app, something is missing.. can't send videos..

so it gets a big F

Stovemeister

Dec 1, 2010
Brisbane
Only had the phone a weekend, so take this with a grain of salt. . .

Started stock obviously, but I got sick of Touchwiz on day 1 so switched to the Google Launcher.
When I did that, Google tries to take everything, (msg app included) so I started using Hangouts.
It is horrible. Really bad. The basic functionality is OK, but it is the other garbage that they stick in the way that annoys so much.
Sure- I could send this message using G+, but why would I, and now you've made me waste time telling you that.

Back to standard app, which seems better than previous Samsung versions. Open to suggestions though :)

fastfed

Feb 13, 2008
Only had the phone a weekend, so take this with a grain of salt. . .

Started stock obviously, but I got sick of Touchwiz on day 1 so switched to the Google Launcher.
When I did that, Google tries to take everything, (msg app included) so I started using Hangouts.
It is horrible. Really bad. The basic functionality is OK, but it is the other garbage that they stick in the way that annoys so much.
Sure- I could send this message using G+, but why would I, and now you've made me waste time telling you that.

Back to standard app, which seems better than previous Samsung versions. Open to suggestions though :)

Hover chat was good.. Nice features.. but can't send videos, audio, calendar event, your LOCATION (huge feature) and so on

wtzky

Apr 16, 2014
I'm using Go sms pro. Found the stock app to be really laggy especially with large conversations. I think it was trying to load all the convos or something, as go sms only loads a handful at a time. Also has nice themes etc

Sent from my SM-G900I with Alliance ROM flashed using XDA premium

hemander

Feb 5, 2014
I'm using Hover Chat since I used my S3. And now, I'm still using it on my S5.

I don't know, but I love the interface and all.

marcadam

Nov 23, 2010
EvolveSMS: it's well designed, fast and has a clean and sharp ui.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dino_Donis

Sep 14, 2007
I'm using Handcent as I like the level of customisation, the missed text reminder, different missed text tone options, plus able to give different contacts different LED colors, flash rates and vibration patterns. I've been using it for years and haven't come across anything better...

acPIZZA

Feb 6, 2011
Hello. It's great, it works, it's light and clean. It fires up way faster than the stock app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

dpwhitty11

Aug 15, 2010
Houston, TX
Hoverchat because I love the chat heads clone on it.

I used to use hangouts, but not being able to stack pictures into a single MMS (hoverchat doesn't either but whatever) led me to trying others.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

kthz

Jan 27, 2009
I'm using Handcent as I like the level of customisation, the missed text reminder, different missed text tone options, plus able to give different contacts different LED colors, flash rates and vibration patterns. I've been using it for years and haven't come across anything better...

Galaxy S does that by defaut (excepted led color + flash rates) since S3 i think (i was using Light Flow for that back then).

Yes, i'm using defaut app, best to keep things simple imo.
I only install google keyboard to get better recognition while swyping.

I wonder how some people could crash it as i had some history of several years of messages imported and never seen any messaging app crash on any of my Galaxy S.

Top Liked Posts