[GAPPS][CLOSED][4.4.4] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

clem_ita

Mar 29, 2011
I'm currently running latest PA and latest GApps. No mods, no custom kernel, nothing but pure PA. And it's definitely working.

Are you sure you have the 'Store Location' option box checked on Photosphere? Click below to see what I mean.
yes it's checked, same as your screenshot.. And it's still not working here :(

But OK, it's not a big deal.. I would use it very rarely of not never, was just curious to understand the problem.

Thanks anyway for trying to help me ;)

hozjacz

Sep 13, 2007
Prague
Hey guys, does anyone have the same experience (as TKruzze) that 3.9x with PA Gapps works fine the adding GPS location data to the photo sphere (Google Camera)? I don't want try it one more useless.

75markus

Mar 30, 2010
Hey guys, does anyone have the same experience (as TKruzze) that 3.9x with PA Gapps works fine the adding GPS location data to the photo sphere (Google Camera)? I don't want try it one more useless.

i guess it´s ROM independent, it doesn´t work with CM nighlies for me either ...

must be something else ...

hozjacz

Sep 13, 2007
Prague
I think it also (that trouble is in application Camera or somewhere). But why TKruzze says, that him everything works fine.

luminoso

Sep 18, 2009
luminoso.ws
I would then make a separate PhotoSphere Addon that would install the camera and gallery for those with Nexus devices who want the Photosphere camera.

This is what I'm looking for a while. PhotoSphere addons are outdated and unreliable and flashing this whole package for having PhotoSphere only is a bit too much. (All PhotoSphere packages around XDA seems to be unorganized and unreliable :good: I had to test a few of them)

Lozone

Apr 1, 2010
Columbus, OH
Reactions: TKruzze

hozjacz

Sep 13, 2007
Prague
I have relatively bad message. I asked in other forum (in my native language) and in the thread, where are solve official update to 4.3, and guys confirm to me, that on Stock ROM isn't working the adding GPS location data to Photo Sphere also.
It means, that's the trouble of Google.

75markus

Mar 30, 2010
GUYS, I´VE FOUND THE PHOTOSPHERE MISSING GPS DATA SOLUTION !

It´s a bug, Google already knows about it and works on a solution -> http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/maps/HnR8byWLB8U

simply set the system language to english before shooting the picture and it works !! :D

after shooting the photosphere, you can change language back to XY, the pic will still contain the GPS data, and you can upload to maps or whatever ...

I just did a test pic ;)

@TKruzze, perhaps you can add this info in OP...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-28-15-45-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-28-15-45-37.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

rickbosch

Mar 3, 2011
Cape Town
I have relatively bad message. I asked in other forum (in my native language) and in the thread, where are solve official update to 4.3, and guys confirm to me, that on Stock ROM isn't working the adding GPS location data to Photo Sphere also.
It means, that's the trouble of Google.

really ? thx for information !

I guess it´s the camera.apk itself thats faulty ...

but how the hell it works for some people on CM or PA ??

It also worked perfectly for me on Stock 4.3. Have you got location services, etc activated? I have reporting, etc all enabled, perhaps that might have an effect?

EDIT: the system language is something I'd probably NEVER thought to check. haha. Well spotted @75markus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts