Confirmation T-Mobile Works...

Search This thread

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
So I was just sharing that I did manage to get T-Mobile up and running even though it was a pain in the butt to figure out the first time. The first issue I had was I had to get the SIM unlocked, which is always the hardest step it seems for everyone. I used unlock4moto.com per everyone here and the annoying thing was they have a PayPal payment system and they don't take Walmart Moneycards. So I had to wait until I got my paycheck to get it paid. Then I got the code before I woke up so I tried using it using the T-Mobile SIM I bought from a cheap T-Mobile prepaid Wal-Mart phone and it worked and didn't say anything about Subsidy just that it was unsuccessful. The biggest problem I had was that I would try flashing the radio and it said it was unknown, which was just a matter of me forgetting to flash the build.prop. After that, it was smooth as cake.

So if you are wanting to try this but not sure, it's not a bad idea. The biggest problem is the 2G is slow as heck but switching to Straight Talk would fix that but that's $45 a month instead of $30.

Aug 16, 2009
Portland, OR
Same here. I'm on the 100 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data for $30/month plan. I had the $25/month plan on Virgin but I needed a good qwerty phone.

With the spectrum swaps they're doing, hopefully T-Mobile will roll out faster data on the compatibile bands in more areas soon. I'm in Portland, and at least I get pretty consistent rates up near the top of 2G speeds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I was just sharing that I did manage to get T-Mobile up and running even though it was a pain in the butt to figure out the first time. The first issue I had was I had to get the SIM unlocked, which is always the hardest step it seems for everyone. I used unlock4moto.com per everyone here and the annoying thing was they have a PayPal payment system and they don't take Walmart Moneycards. So I had to wait until I got my paycheck to get it paid. Then I got the code before I woke up so I tried using it using the T-Mobile SIM I bought from a cheap T-Mobile prepaid Wal-Mart phone and it worked and didn't say anything about Subsidy just that it was unsuccessful. The biggest problem I had was that I would try flashing the radio and it said it was unknown, which was just a matter of me forgetting to flash the build.prop. After that, it was smooth as cake.

So if you are wanting to try this but not sure, it's not a bad idea. The biggest problem is the 2G is slow as heck but switching to Straight Talk would fix that but that's $45 a month instead of $30.