[ODIN][04/23/11] ODIN Froyo ED01 packaged ROMs ***UPDATED 06/12/11***

Search This thread

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
landshark68,

Thank you very much for this service. Odin has been 100% success for me. CWM? Not so much. What you did is extremely helpful.

How do I know which version of Community ROM we have here? Within EC01 there are currently three versions.

Thank you,
Paul Danger Kile
http://dangerismymiddlename.com

Danger,

Glad these worked for you. Straight from the OP right below the credits:

The Debloated/Deodexed packages contain the ED01 Debloated/Deodexed/Debinged rooted ROM from Adrynalyne, the EC01 modem/radio, cwm froyo, and Adrynalyne's EC10 kernel. The Community ROM packages contain Comm ROM v1.3, the EC01 modem/radio or no modem/radio, cwm froyo, and imnuts' -50mv nonvoodoo kernel. There is no stand alone ED01 modem yet, so we have to make do with the EC01 modem for now. Just like DroidXcon's other packages, these are nonvoodoo only. I will make adjustments to the packages as things are released.

Smitty9803

Oct 19, 2010
I just upgraded from a stock 2.1/EA28 root and used the "ED01DB_DO_SHARK.tar" file.

So all the steps when smoothly, and exactly as described, but when I get to step 23 "Power phone and wait to boot."

It came up in recovery mode. I assumed "reboot system now" was the correct choice, but several things now have me wondering.

My phone came up, and all of my applications, even my live wallpaper, was there. Contacts, and google synch info too. I validated that I am running on ED01. Oh, and all of my apps are going thru forced close notifications.

Should I have selected a different recovery option? I have

CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x

Recovery options
- reboot system now
- apply sdcard:update.zip
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- install zip from sdcard
- backup and restore
- mounts and storage
- advanced
- voodoo

I'm having the exact same issue and for the life of me, cannot resolve it. I tried both the db/do rom and the com rom 2.0, following the instructions step by step and they both give me the fc string. I've tried wiping dalvik and cache, mounting data/dbdata, fixing permissions, and finally did a full reset. The initial boot after flashing works fine. I'm able to sign into all of my accounts and restore all of my apps. Then once I reboot, it all goes crazy. The fc string starts, none of my user apps will work and most of the settings are back to default. I've tried redownloading everything and reflashing, but I keep ending up with the same issue.

Any ideas??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
I'm having the exact same issue and for the life of me, cannot resolve it. I tried both the db/do rom and the com rom 2.0, following the instructions step by step and they both give me the fc string. I've tried wiping dalvik and cache, mounting data/dbdata, fixing permissions, and finally did a full reset. The initial boot after flashing works fine. I'm able to sign into all of my accounts and restore all of my apps. Then once I reboot, it all goes crazy. The fc string starts, none of my user apps will work and most of the settings are back to default. I've tried redownloading everything and reflashing, but I keep ending up with the same issue.

Any ideas??

Which package did you use? If you were coming from an Eclair build, you had to use one of the wipe versions because a data wipe is a must. If the ROM loaded then you were getting force close issues, boot to clockworkmod recovery (CWM), wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache and reboot phone.

Smitty9803

Oct 19, 2010
Which package did you use? If you were coming from an Eclair build, you had to use one of the wipe versions because a data wipe is a must. If the ROM loaded then you were getting force close issues, boot to clockworkmod recovery (CWM), wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache and reboot phone.

Thanks for the quick response.

I flashed the wipe version initially and when the phone booted, all of my data was still on the phone. I reflashed the rom again and wiped manually. I flashed over an earlier froyo build, can't remember exactly which one...I believe it was eb01 but I'm not positive.

I just booted into cwm, wiped data, cache, and dalvik, twice. Then I rebooted the phone. The ROM loaded fine and I was able to login to my accounts and dl a few apps from the market. I didn't do a TiBu batch restore this time just in case there was a rogue app somewhere in my backups.

All was well until I performed another reboot. Upon loading, the phone vibrates repeatedly and I get FC's on pandora, handcent, facebook, pretty much every user app I downloaded that loads on boot.

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
Thanks for the quick response.

I flashed the wipe version initially and when the phone booted, all of my data was still on the phone. I reflashed the rom again and wiped manually. I flashed over an earlier froyo build, can't remember exactly which one...I believe it was eb01 but I'm not positive.

I just booted into cwm, wiped data, cache, and dalvik, twice. Then I rebooted the phone. The ROM loaded fine and I was able to login to my accounts and dl a few apps from the market. I didn't do a TiBu batch restore this time just in case there was a rogue app somewhere in my backups.

All was well until I performed another reboot. Upon loading, the phone vibrates repeatedly and I get FC's on pandora, handcent, facebook, pretty much every user app I downloaded that loads on boot.

If you don't have Android terminal emulator, download it from the market. Open terminal emulator and in the top left corner you will see a $. Next to that type su and hit the enter key on the keyboard. Superuser permission will be granted. Hit the menu soft key and choose toggle keyboard. You will see a # next to su. Next to the # type fxpms and hit the enter key. A bunch of script should roll across the screen. When the script stops scrolling and you see a # at the end, back out of the terminal emulator app. Hopefully this takes care of the FC issues.

I will take a look at the packages when I get home and see why the wipe version did not wipe data. I posted them kind of late and may have mixed up which was which.

Smitty9803

Oct 19, 2010
I followed your post step by step and this is the script that ran after fxpms

export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$ $su#fxpms
test: applet not found
grep: applet not found
echo: applet not found
wc: applet not found
egrep: applet not found
cat: write error: Broken pipe
expr: applet not found
#

This doesn't look too promising...haha.

This is the first time I've had a problem flashing something on this phone but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
I followed your post step by step and this is the script that ran after fxpms

export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$ $su#fxpms
wc: applet not found
#

This doesn't look too promising...haha.

This is the first time I've had a problem flashing something on this phone but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Yeah, my guess would be it looks like the fix permissions script is not in there. Possibly a bad download of the ODIN file. I had no problems in testing and neither did other testers. Try redownloading the ODIN file and reflash. Make sure the battery is out of the phone the entire time you are flashing through ODIN. I will still take a look at the files when I get home. Sorry about the problem.

Smitty9803

Oct 19, 2010
Yeah, my guess would be it looks like the fix permissions script is not in there. Possibly a bad download of the ODIN file. I had no problems in testing and neither did other testers. Try redownloading the ODIN file and reflash. Make sure the battery is out of the phone the entire time you are flashing through ODIN. I will still take a look at the files when I get home. Sorry about the problem.

That's okay, don't worry about it...you've been more than helpful and I really appreciate it.

Like you said, probably a bad download. I'll give it another shot tonight when I get home from work and report back with the results. The ROM is running smooth as glass right now...I just can't cut the phone off, lol.

Smitty9803

Oct 19, 2010
Well I re-downloaded the odin packages for ComRom 2.0 (data wipe) and CWM, and tried to take another crack at it tonight...unfortunately, the FC string still exists. These are the steps I took.

Booted directly into cwm recovery
Wiped data, cache, dalvik
Mounts and storage, mounted data/dbdata
Odined the ROM (step by step, battery out)
Odined CWM (step by step, battery out)
Booted phone automatically into cwm recovery
Wiped data, cache, dalvik again
Mounted data/dbdata again
Advanced, Fix permissions
Reboot system

Once again, initial boot was fine. Downloaded TiBu, Facebook, and Handcent from the market and logged into my google accounts. Played around with some settings for a few minutes, then crossed my fingers and did a reboot. The FC's were back again.

I ran fxpms in the terminal emulator again and got the same string of code with the broken pipe error.

Thanks for all your help but it looks like this package and my phone just aren't going to get along...haha.

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
Well I re-downloaded the odin packages for ComRom 2.0 (data wipe) and CWM, and tried to take another crack at it tonight...unfortunately, the FC string still exists. These are the steps I took.

Booted directly into cwm recovery
Wiped data, cache, dalvik
Mounts and storage, mounted data/dbdata
Odined the ROM (step by step, battery out)
Odined CWM (step by step, battery out)
Booted phone automatically into cwm recovery
Wiped data, cache, dalvik again
Mounted data/dbdata again
Advanced, Fix permissions
Reboot system

Once again, initial boot was fine. Downloaded TiBu, Facebook, and Handcent from the market and logged into my google accounts. Played around with some settings for a few minutes, then crossed my fingers and did a reboot. The FC's were back again.

I ran fxpms in the terminal emulator again and got the same string of code with the broken pipe error.

Thanks for all your help but it looks like this package and my phone just aren't going to get along...haha.

I'm going to take a look at the package and make sure I didn't do something wrong.

Smitty9803

Oct 19, 2010
I'm going to take a look at the package and make sure I didn't do something wrong.

Good news! I finally got it working!

Since I couldn't get the odin package to work, I decided to try and flash the ROM/kernal from the source thread since I already had the radio. Before flashing the ROM, I flashed a CWM recovery from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1046905 (CWM3_Voodoo.zip, the first flashable zip). After flashing everything, the phone went into a boot loop and I had to do a battery pull.

I decided to try the ComRom odin one last time since I flashed the new cwm recovery and VOILA! It's running perfect now. I've been rebooting periodically as I set up the phone to my liking and haven't had a single FC.

Looks like the CWM 3.0 did the trick!

Thanks again for all your help!

Reactions: landshark68

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois

Since I couldn't get the odin package to work, I decided to try and flash the ROM/kernal from the source thread since I already had the radio. Before flashing the ROM, I flashed a CWM recovery from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1046905 (CWM3_Voodoo.zip, the first flashable zip). After flashing everything, the phone went into a boot loop and I had to do a battery pull.

I decided to try the ComRom odin one last time since I flashed the new cwm recovery and VOILA! It's running perfect now. I've been rebooting periodically as I set up the phone to my liking and haven't had a single FC.

Thanks for the info. Updating OP now.

Reactions: Smitty9803

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everyone may already know DroidXcon over at Android Central was the one who originally gave us Fascinate owners these ODIN packages. Unfortunately his phone became hard bricked when it fell off his desk while helping someone in the AC forums. I offered to help, and DroidXcon spent several hours walking me through the necessary steps to create the ODIN packages. So all credit for these ODIN packages goes to him, I am simply following his exact instructions and continuing his work.

Besides DroidXcon, I want to also give credit where credit is due. I am not claiming any part in creating the ROMs contained in these ODIN packages, this is just an easy all-in-one way to flash ROM, kernel, and modem. Adrynalyne, one of the great devs working on the Fascinate among other phones, took time out of his busy schedule to Debloat, Debing, and Deodex the ED01 official Froyo OTA release to give us that ROM. Adrynalyne again and the rest of TeamSbrissenMod - sbrissen, nisuj17, nemesis2all, gizmodroid, sunder74, gunnermike53, & js123, and anyone else who had any part in putting together or testing this collaborative effort known as Community ROM or Ultimate KangBang. Devs jt1134 and GizmoDroid collaborated and provided us with the current, functioning CWM linked to in this thread. imnuts for his kernel which seems to have been the key to get the Comm ROM packages to flash and load. So thank you so much to all of you for everything you have done and continue to do for the Fascinate and the Fascinate community......

XDA and I disclaim all liability for any harm that may befall your device, including, but not limited to: bricked phones, voided manufacturer warranties, exploding batteries, etc. We all flash things onto our phones at our own risk.

DroidXcon's original ODIN content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-25-a.html
    ED01 DB/DO original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044406
    CWM-recovery-all-3-30-fix original content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...od-superclean-roms-erasing-cwm-confusion.html
    CWM 3.x original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1046905
    Community ROM original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1050453
    Community ROM 2.0 original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1108991
    PeanutButta Jelly Time kernel original content here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1012571

The Debloated/Deodexed packages contain the ED01 Debloated/Deodexed/Debinged rooted ROM from Adrynalyne, the EC01 modem/radio, cwm froyo, and Adrynalyne's EC10 kernel. The Community ROM packages contain Comm ROM v1.3, the EC01 modem/radio or no modem/radio, cwm froyo, and imnuts' -50mv nonvoodoo kernel. There is no stand alone ED01 modem yet, so we have to make do with the EC01 modem for now. Just like DroidXcon's other packages, these are nonvoodoo only. I will make adjustments to the packages as things are released.

IF YOU ARE RUNNING A VOODOO SETUP, YOU WILL NEED TO DISABLE VOODOO LAG FIX PRIOR TO FLASHING ONE OF THESE ODIN PACKAGES JUST TO BE SAFE. After a clean install and full reboot you can boot to cwm, flash the voodoo kernel of your choice, enable lag fix and reboot.

I NOW INCLUDE IMNUTS' -50mv NONVOODOO KERNEL IN THE COMM ROM PACKAGES BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO WORK TO ALLOW THE ROM TO FLASH IN ODIN AND COMPLETELY LOAD. AFTER THE ROM COMPLETELY LOADS, YOU CAN STICK WITH THAT KERNEL TO SEE HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU OR YOU CAN SAFELY BOOT TO CWM AND FLASH THE VOODOO OR NONVOOODOO KERNEL OF YOUR CHOICE.

***Update 05/17***
    - Switched from times_infinity's ComaVolt nonvoodoo kernel to imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel
    - Data wipe Community ROM packages added.
    - Community ROM packages contain Comm ROM v 1.3

***Update 06/12***
    - Added Community ROM 2.0 packages

To install ODIN packages on your device
    1.Download and install drivers on your computer HERE

2. Next you will need the ED01 Froyo tar file which will be placed in the PDA section of ODIN:
    DEBLOATED/DEODEXED:
    Use this version if you are coming from an Eclair build (EA28, DL09, DH12, DI01.)
    This version will wipe your data, so make sure you back it up:
    ED01DB_DO_SHARK.tar
    Use this version if you are already on a Froyo Build (DL30, EB01, EC01, or stock ED01.)
    This version will not wipe your data:
    ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar

COMMUNITY ROM:
    CR 1.3
    These versions will not wipe your data
    This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel:
    CR_EC01_NutsX_Shark.tar
    This version contains imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel and no modem/radio for those who have the ED01 modem radio or just want to keep the modem/radio they are currently using:
    CR_NoModem_NutsX_Shark.tar

These versions will wipe your data, so make sure to back it up
    This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel
    CR_EC01_Nuts_Shark.tar
    This version contains imnuts' -50mv PBJ nonvoodoo kernel and no modem/radio
    CR_NoModem_Nuts_Shark.tar

***Installation instructions for Comm ROM 2.0 recommend a data wipe. If you choose to use a no wipe version and end up with force closes or other problems that is not my fault nor the fault of anyone from the team that developed the ROM. You can correct those problems by then flashing a wipe version. You have been warned, flash at your own risk***

CR 2.0
    These versions will wipe your data, so make sure you back it up
    This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and imnut's 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel
    CR20_EC01_NUTS_SHARK.tar
    This version contains no modem/radio and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel
    CR20_NOMODEM_NUTS_SHARK.tar

These versions will not wipe your data
    This version contains the EC01 radio/modem and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel
    CR20_EC01_NUTSx_SHARK.tar
    This version contains no modem/radio and imnuts' 05/31 PBJ -50mv nonvoodoo kernel
    CR20_NOMODEM_NUTSx_SHARK.tar

After downloading these files you will need to extract the .tar.md5 file from the .rar file. For visual aid instructions on "how to extract the file" and "how to use ODIN", see post #'s 3 and 4 of DroidXcon's original ODIN thread .

3.) You will need to download the ODIN application tool found here ODIN or ODIN MIRROR
    4.) You will also need the latest recovery, CWM 3.x HERE
    5.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
    6.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
    7.) Remove battery from phone.
    8.) Launch ODIN on PC.
    9.) Plug USB cable into phone.
    10.) Plug your Fascinate into the PC via the USB cable that came with your phone.
    11.) Press and hold the volume down key until (approx 3 secs) you see a gigantic yellow triangle on your phone, and your phone will be in download mode. The first thin rectangle in the upper left of the ODIN applicate should also turn yellow and identify a com port. You can now release the volume key.

12.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell. :mad::mad:

13.) Find and double click on the ED01.tar.md5 file you downloaded in step 2 above & click the Start button. (This should take approx 3 to 6mins)
    14.) Phone will power down when finished.
    15.) Close ODIN, remove USB cable from phone, reinsert battery, power on phone and let ROM fully load.
    16.) Power down phone, remove battery.
    17.) Open ODIN.
    18.) Reconnect phone to USB cable as described above in step 11.
    19.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN. (Don't forget the warning about making sure you clicked the PDA button)
    20.) Find and double click the CWM 3.x file you downloaded in step 4 above & once again click the Start button. (This should only take 7 seconds)
    21.) Phone will power down again.
    22.) Close ODIN
    23.) Reinsert battery.
    24.) Power phone and wait to boot. (Should take approx. 4 mins)
    I just finished up Community ROM ODIN packages and I did do that for those. I will be releasing them soon after testing is done. There will be packages with the EC01 modem and packages with no modem.

community rom 1.3 is gonna be out very soon, might wanna hold off a bit :)
    Thanks for continuing this work. This is a real service to the community.

Also, as for this:
    Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell. :mad::mad:

Good warning to NOT use the phone button. Fyi, there have been several users who recovered from this. In the event that a user stupidly presses the phone button, this can be recovered. I believe it just involved the same method that Adynalyne gave us for recovering after he caused many soft-bricks. (odin the stock files back on, along with PIT file and modem).
    Thanks for continuing this work. This is a real service to the community.

Also, as for this:

Good warning to NOT use the phone button. Fyi, there have been several users who recovered from this. In the event that a user stupidly presses the phone button, this can be recovered. I believe it just involved the same method that Adynalyne gave us for recovering after he caused many soft-bricks. (odin the stock files back on, along with PIT file and modem).

Welcome. Yes, I remember gunnermike actually flashing something in the phone section on purpose just to see what would happen, and he recovered from it. And I believe that is the correct recovery from it also. The stock EB01 with the atlas 2.2 in the pit section with repartitioning checked has saved countless people. And I use it to clean things up for a fresh start after I've gone on a flashing binge.

Thanks for the info. Updating OP now.