FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] Patched Google Wallet for Galaxy S4 (Version 2.x+ - New Version)

2,641 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,715

By open1your1eyes0, Senior Member on 23rd September 2013, 02:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Patched Google Wallet for Galaxy S4
(Version 2.x+ - New Version)

Description: This method will help you get Google Wallet (version 2.0+) working on your Verizon Galaxy S4. This should also work on AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile Galaxy S4 as well.

Please Note
  • This method has been tested and guaranteed to work on stock odexed VRUAME7 build on the Verizon Galaxy S4. Other custom ROMs on the same device and other Galaxy S4s are welcome for testing but not guaranteed as working.
  • If you happen to have issues with this version of Google Wallet no matter what you test, please consider using the older version which seems to be working for more ROMs: Link Here
  • In order to use this method you need to be rooted and have a custom recovery or SafeStrap recovery on your device.
Downloads (Version 2.0-R133-v14)

Quote:

TouchWiz Only - Download Link
AOSP Only - Download Link

How to Apply Mod

Quote:

1. If you have Xposed app installed you don't need to remove it
  2. Just be sure to disable/uncheck the Google Wallet Root and Region Check Remover in the Modules section of the app if you have it installed
  3. You DON'T need to "Reset" your current Google Wallet in the app if you have any installed
  4. Just "Force Stop" the Wallet app (in the Application manager section on your device)
  5. Then "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data" on Wallet app (in the Application manager section on your device)
  6. Using Root Explorer, delete all traces of the Wallet app from both locations /system/app/ and /data/app/
  7. It could be called com.google.android.apps.wallet.apk or similar or could be called Wallet.apk as well so check for both
  8. Then reboot your device right after this is done
  9. Flash the one of the attached zip files I have in this post using your custom recovery
  10. Once you boot back into Android, just open the Wallet app and set everything up, and setup Tap and Pay but wait till it finishes and says it is ready
  11. Check what "Tap and Pay" says in "About" section of the app and then you can close Google Wallet and should be all set

Transaction Process

Quote:

1. When you're ready to pay with Google Wallet DON'T open the app at all
  2. Just unlock your device to the home screen and tap it on the POS system in the store and the app will launch on its own
  3. This should ask you for a PIN now, just enter your PIN and it should authorize the transaction
  4. Confirm the transaction went through by a receipt getting printed
  5. It might ask you to tap the device or enter the PIN one more time just in case so don't worry if it does as long as you have the receipt

Credits

Credit goes to loserskater for patching the new Google Wallet apk to work for most devices (Original Post)
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to open1your1eyes0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift open1your1eyes0 Ad-Free

23rd September 2013, 03:16 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Thanks will try...I'm rooted and ss installed but no ROMs stock me7...no exposed so just flash this to stock ROM ams reboot no other files right? Just this one?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd September 2013, 03:22 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poofster

Thanks will try...I'm rooted and ss installed but no ROMs stock me7...no exposed so just flash this to stock ROM ams reboot no other files right? Just this one?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Correct sir! Let us know how it goes.
23rd September 2013, 03:33 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
working for me like i said in last thread, but i dont get why i cant open the app first as i do the wallet thing?
23rd September 2013, 03:52 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrah

working for me like i said in last thread, but i dont get why i cant open the app first as i do the wallet thing?

You can (that's the way I've been doing it on the old version) but I'm just mentioning this proper way because that's the same way Google mentions how to do in the Wallet app itself if you look up the "help" on how to tap and pay in the app. It could work either way though but I recommend trying my/official way first for testing before trying opening the app first and then paying.
23rd September 2013, 03:55 AM |#6  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Deleted the test zip and downloaded the new TW zip posted in the OP. Initial set up went smooth. Going to try to make a purchase tomorrow and report back on my findings. Running Hyperdrive RLS9.1 with KToonz kernel.
23rd September 2013, 03:58 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJV3

Deleted the test zip and downloaded the new TW zip posted in the OP. Initial set up went smooth. Going to try to make a purchase tomorrow and report back on my findings. Running Hyperdrive RLS9.1 with KToonz kernel.

Please also note that the TW zip I have now is the same as Test-2 zip was before in case anyone is already running this version there's no need to rerun this method again.
23rd September 2013, 04:04 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 287

More
I installed eclipse 2.0 today. I installed the test 2 zip from prior thread. I heard it works on this ROM. I did only have a battery for percentage of 8 when I tried this but it didn't do a damn thing at the terminal. Didn't vibrate or anything. Does it not work past a percentage? What's the minimal battery it needs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
23rd September 2013, 04:10 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dseda86

I installed eclipse 2.0 today. I installed the test 2 zip from prior thread. I heard it works on this ROM. I did only have a battery for percentage of 8 when I tried this but it didn't do a damn thing at the terminal. Didn't vibrate or anything. Does it not work past a percentage? What's the minimal battery it needs.

I couldn't even setup tap to pay when i was at 9% FYI (it straight up told me I have to charge the device). So that could very well be why. My guess is minimum either 10% or 15%. I would just do it on 25%+ just to be sure though.
23rd September 2013, 04:14 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 287

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by open1your1eyes0

I couldn't even setup tap to pay when i was at 9% FYI (it straight up told me I have to charge the device). So that could very well be why. My guess is minimum either 10% or 15%. I would just do it on 25%+ just to be sure though.

Will try again. I am currently speaking with a user of eclipse who found this new wallet to work perfectly fine. It didn't even vibrate for me which was odd but then I looked at my phone and it said that I had 8 percent left. So I'll try tomorrow with a little more juice. All this flashing and modding has my baby tired!

23rd September 2013, 09:00 AM |#11  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Has anyone attempted and/or successfully installed via this method with slimbean 4.3? I think I'm going to try it.

May be slightly off topic but has anyone actually called customer service to verify their identity? If so, what was the process like? Types of questions, how long did it take approximately, what do they need/require from you as far as documentation? I'm assuming you're just dictating to them the personal info that they give you the option of scanning (ss#, a bill of some sort and a DL # or something?)

Thanks and sorry for the off topic question.

Kevin
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, galaxy s4, google wallet, touchwiz, verizon

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)