(Version 2.x+ - New Version)
Description: This method will help you get Google Wallet (version 2.0+) working on your Verizon Galaxy S4. This should also work on AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile Galaxy S4 as well.
- This method has been tested and guaranteed to work on stock odexed VRUAME7 build on the Verizon Galaxy S4. Other custom ROMs on the same device and other Galaxy S4s are welcome for testing but not guaranteed as working.
- If you happen to have issues with this version of Google Wallet no matter what you test, please consider using the older version which seems to be working for more ROMs: Link Here
- In order to use this method you need to be rooted and have a custom recovery or SafeStrap recovery on your device.
How to Apply Mod
- If you have Xposed app installed you don't need to remove it
- Just be sure to disable/uncheck the Google Wallet Root and Region Check Remover in the Modules section of the app if you have it installed
- You DON'T need to "Reset" your current Google Wallet in the app if you have any installed
- Just "Force Stop" the Wallet app (in the Application manager section on your device)
- Then "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data" on Wallet app (in the Application manager section on your device)
- Using Root Explorer, delete all traces of the Wallet app from both locations /system/app/ and /data/app/
- It could be called com.google.android.apps.wallet.apk or similar or could be called Wallet.apk as well so check for both
- Then reboot your device right after this is done
- Flash the one of the attached zip files I have in this post using your custom recovery
- Once you boot back into Android, just open the Wallet app and set everything up, and setup Tap and Pay but wait till it finishes and says it is ready
- Check what "Tap and Pay" says in "About" section of the app and then you can close Google Wallet and should be all set
- When you're ready to pay with Google Wallet DON'T open the app at all
- Just unlock your device to the home screen and tap it on the POS system in the store and the app will launch on its own
- This should ask you for a PIN now, just enter your PIN and it should authorize the transaction
- Confirm the transaction went through by a receipt getting printed
- It might ask you to tap the device or enter the PIN one more time just in case so don't worry if it does as long as you have the receipt
Credit goes to loserskater for patching the new Google Wallet apk to work for most devices (Original Post)