xMIUI - Xposed module for MIUI 7-8 tweaking

Search This thread

SolarWarez

Oct 7, 2005
Hello,
there is Xposed module for MIUI 7 & MIUI 8 tweaking.

Features:
- Customize grid columns and rows in launcher
- Customize launcher icons size, labels, hotseat labels
- Customize number of columns on open folder
- Customize recent tasks animation
- Customize notification icons like AOSP icons
- Flexible customization of icons in status bar (positions, size and so on)
- Allows display notifications text in status bar
- Allows to expand notifications by clicking it
- Allows to select widget that will be displayed on lockscreen (may not works with custom themes)
- Allows to answer incoming call by placing phone closely to ear
- Allows to switch audio route from ear-speaker to speaker by proximity sensor
- PIN with time option
- Customize hardware buttons actions
- Customize volume settings
and many other...

Reasonable proposals for implementing in module are highly appreciated!
Specially for this we created project page on Idea Informer service!
Take an active part in the development of the module!

But please, don't write something like "Make all/some feature from program_name".
Instead please write in details what exactly you offer and how it must working. Attach screenshots or pictures that may be useful to understanding what you want and so on.

Module on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=software.solarwarez.xmiui

v 0.1.2 alpha (What's new)
v 0.1.6 alpha (What's new)
v 0.1.7 (What's new)
v 0.1.8 (What's new)

Attachments

• xMIUI_v0.1.7.apk
    747.1 KB · Views: 15,546
  • xMIUI_v0.1.8.apk
    762.2 KB · Views: 129,314
Last edited:

zicoxx

Dec 26, 2010
works on miui8 6.6..7 xiaomi.eu mi5 xposed v85.
Thanks for your work..donation soon
Can you add home button on/off phone call
and maybe something to re-enable blur effect on noitifcation panel in miui 8?
Or fullscreen notification panel in miui 8 in landscape mode?
Or customize color of weather change in status bar color miui8

Last edited:
Can you add an option to remove blue effect in notification panel of miui7? Or make an option to create the same blur in navigation bar as well when notification panel is slided down. Because when i activate navigation buttons i get blurred notifiction panel & non blurred navigation bar, looks ugly.

As well as can you add an option to remove in call ui blur? Miui tweaks has this option but it doesn't appear in my list.

Im using miui7 based on kitkat for lg g pro e980 by @gtbluesky

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

intruder16

Jul 5, 2013
Pune
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7
Great!

Can you make the same module for MIUI 8? Some settings work but most doesn't, like, "Notifications Volume" (soft reboots the device).

Also, add an option for "PIN modifier" (like offset by XX value) when using current time as PIN. Thanks!

SolarWarez

Oct 7, 2005
Also, add an option for "PIN modifier" (like offset by XX value) when using current time as PIN. Thanks!
Explain please more detailed, I don't quite understand what you mean.
Also I want add "Shuffle PIN keypad" option to randomly change positions of numbers buttons.
For example, by default keypad looks as:
Code:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
But when this option will be enabled keypad each time will be randomly shuffled, for example:
Code:
0 8 4
9 3 1
5 2 6
and so on...

SolarWarez

Oct 7, 2005
Can you add an option to remove blue effect in notification panel of miui7? Or make an option to create the same blur in navigation bar as well when notification panel is slided down. Because when i activate navigation buttons i get blurred notifiction panel & non blurred navigation bar, looks ugly.

As well as can you add an option to remove in call ui blur? Miui tweaks has this option but it doesn't appear in my list.

Im using miui7 based on kitkat for lg g pro e980 by @gtbluesky
Send please screenshots to explain what you mean.
You phone doesn't have physical key buttons? Only navigation bar?

intruder16

Jul 5, 2013
Pune
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7
Explain please more detailed, I don't quite understand what you mean.

There's an option "Pin with time" in your module which makes the current time as your PIN. What i meant was, add an option to modify the pin by an offset.

For example, lets say the time is 19:10, if i offset it by -10, the PIN will be 1900, by +10 it'll be 1920 and so on. So the PIN will be current time +/- offset.

I am already using this feature using "ProtectedApps" module. But it'll be great if you can add it.

Also I want add "Shuffle PIN keypad" option to randomly change positions of numbers buttons.
For example, by default keypad looks as:
Code:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
But when this option will be enabled keypad each time will be randomly shuffled, for example:
Code:
0 8 4
9 3 1
5 2 6
and so on...

That's one more awesome mod!

I have a few more suggestions.

1. Expand Notifications by default (notifications will always be expanded)
2. Extended reboot menu (reboot to recovery, fastboot etc)

Also, is it possible to arrange the apps by name in the default MIUI launcher? If it is, then an option for that too.

Thanks!

SolarWarez

Oct 7, 2005
There's an option "Pin with time" in your module which makes the current time as your PIN. What i meant was, add an option to modify the pin by an offset.

For example, lets say the time is 19:10, if i offset it by -10, the PIN will be 1900, by +10 it'll be 1920 and so on. So the PIN will be current time +/- offset.
Now it works exactly as you describe above except that negative value can't be used.
Now (with enabled option), if you set PIN to "0000" then "real PIN" will be exactly current time.
If you set PIN to "0010" then "real PIN" will be current time +10 and so on.
So, as I said exactly what you ask except "negative offset".

xristos2

Aug 3, 2015
I have problem with the folder icons on my mi4 miui8 6.6.12
All the icons inside the folder are aligned on the right and on the third column half of the icons are hidding.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    there is Xposed module for MIUI 7 & MIUI 8 tweaking.

Features:
    - Customize grid columns and rows in launcher
    - Customize launcher icons size, labels, hotseat labels
    - Customize number of columns on open folder
    - Customize recent tasks animation
    - Customize notification icons like AOSP icons
    - Flexible customization of icons in status bar (positions, size and so on)
    - Allows display notifications text in status bar
    - Allows to expand notifications by clicking it
    - Allows to select widget that will be displayed on lockscreen (may not works with custom themes)
    - Allows to answer incoming call by placing phone closely to ear
    - Allows to switch audio route from ear-speaker to speaker by proximity sensor
    - PIN with time option
    - Customize hardware buttons actions
    - Customize volume settings
    and many other...

Reasonable proposals for implementing in module are highly appreciated!
    Specially for this we created project page on Idea Informer service!
    Take an active part in the development of the module!

But please, don't write something like "Make all/some feature from program_name".
    Instead please write in details what exactly you offer and how it must working. Attach screenshots or pictures that may be useful to understanding what you want and so on.

Module on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=software.solarwarez.xmiui

v 0.1.2 alpha (What's new)
    v 0.1.6 alpha (What's new)
    v 0.1.7 (What's new)
    v 0.1.8 (What's new)
    @SolarWarez
    finally we made our first alpha release..
    Here is a quick video preview of some xMIUI feature

New version 0.1.6 alpha
    What's new:
    - Improved compatibility with MIUI 8 - namely implemented all volume tweaks.
    - Re-factor the function "Smart notification panel expand mode" in the system interface tweaks. Now it is more customizable and works with swipe anywhere on the screen (but if you use standard Launcher) not only from the top.
    - Added option to disable the Launcher tweaks.
    - Added option to "Swipeable call log items" in the dialer tweaks. When you activate it, you can do swipe left / right on the call log elements. When you swipe right it will call the contact. When you swipe left open icon to quickly send SMS and access to the installed messenger (if the contact uses these messenger or messengers allow you to make any action with the current contact, such as Viber allows you to make call to any of the contact phone numbers...). To do this, by the way, it was not quite simply...
    - Added "Call log item click action" in the dialer tweaks. It allows to set action that will be performed by call lo item click.
    - Added the ability to turn on phone screen when you receive a notification when you use a custom theme lock screen.
    - Fixed a bug leading to the ability to perform actions hardware buttons on the lock screen.
    - Added vibration when switching audio tracks by volume buttons when the screen is off.
    - Added the ability to assign the default SIM card to a phone number in the contacts. When this option is activated in the contact card near the phone number icon appears displaying the selected SIM card. By clicking on this icon you can change the default SIM card for this phone number. If the SIM card is assigned to the default, the call from the call log (click / swipe) and a call from a contact by clicking on the phone number will be immediately assigned to the SIM card. If you make a call from a "quick contact" (appears by clicking on the photo in the call log items) will be a normal request for a SIM card. This is done especially, just in case.
    - Added ability to select the notifications dismiss mode by swipe on notifications on the lock screen.
    - Added option to hide the app icon in the Launcher.
    - Added ability to change the text color and shadow of the icon labels in the Launcher.
    - Added the ability to display an extended power menu.
    - Improved compatibility with a variety of different phones firmware (in particular Redmi 3).
    - Added the ability to choose the display mode of the call buttons in dialer. It allows display only one call button attached to a specific SIM card.
    - Added the ability to not cut the photo of contact during an incoming call.
    - Fixed problem with missing the Google Smart Lock menu in MIUI 8 (if "Enable support of Google Smart Lock" option activated in the module then - corresponding menu appears in the system settings).
    - Expanded time-out values for the delay between switching off phone screen and turning on the screen lock.
    - Added the ability to assign a button on the dialer from 2 to 9 numbers and SIM cards for make call by long-press the buttons (the so-called "quick call").
    - Added ability to remove from the opened notification panel the search bar on the MIUI 8.
    - Added ability to change the background color and transparency of the notification panel 8 on MIUI.
    - Added the ability to assign the launch application to the actions carried out by pressing the hardware buttons.
    - Added the ability to assign applications to run on swipe up in the Launcher instead of search action (works also on a global firmware, where no search by swipe up).
    New version 0.1.8
    What's new:
    - Added ability to hide widget on lock screen when notifications displayed (useful if widget is too high and not enough place left for notifications).
    - Added ability to hide mobile data traffic indicator.
    - Added ability to set custom notifications colours (text and buttons).
    - Added ability to set custom status bar colours. There is exist problem with charging battery icon (because green filling will be gone) so added ability to turn off icons colours override.
    - Added ability to set maximum display brightness during incoming call.
    - Added ability to display call history details by tap on call log element.
    - Added ability to set app language independently from system language (available only in full version).
    New version 0.1.7
    What's new:
    - Fixed issue with search by swipe up on launcher screen.
    - Added ability to auto fix dimensions of MIUI widgets according to launcher grid dimensions.
    - Added ability to set custom status bar clock format. This format, if not empty, takes the precedence over system settings! For example, if you set in settings 12-hour clock format but set custom format string to display 24-hour clock format, then status bar clock will be use 24-hour format and so on.
    I try to make process of setting date format as simply as possible, but here you can find full documentation and tune it more detailed if you need.
    - Added ability to Export/Import preferences (please read details below).

Starting from v0.1.7 module divided on Free/Full versions.
    Technically it is same application but without unlocking it works in Free mode.
    In Free version available all the features of the full version, so you can evaluate them. However, changes to the settings you have made will not be saved!
    To unlock the possibilities of saving the settings, you can purchase the full version from Google Play (using in-app purchase) or make a donation of $3 or more by the convenient for you way and contact with me by e-mail to receive the unlock key.

To buy full version in Google Play you will need:
    1. Installed and working Google Services on your phone.
    2. Active Google account.
    3. Internet connection.
    If all requirements are meet than in right top corner of the app screen you will find round button with "$" sign. If you press it menu with unlock/purchase will appear.
    If in menu presents only unlock option then one of the requirements is not meet.

To unlock app by key you will need select "Enter unlock key" option in menu.
    Please take in account:
    1. Each unlock key have it own numbers of unlocks (by default 10). When you use unlock key this counter is decreased.
    2. If you uninstall unlocked application then you will lose your license information, so after reinstall app, you will ned enter unlock key again (with decreasing counter). To prevent this, try upgrade app without uninstall or after unlocking make backup (for example using Titanium Backup) and after reinstall restore data only from backup.
    3. If you flash new ROM with full data wipe you also lose your license data and need to use unlock key.

If you buy full version on Google Play then license data will be automatically downloaded every time when you reinstall application if Internet connection will be available.

Another one important thing! Package name of application was changed! So, if you install it, you will get 2 "same" xMIUI application in launcher. So, you need deinstall old version. But if you want to transfer preferences from old version to new, you may do it by this ways:
    1. Disable old version of module in Xposed Installer, reboot, install new version, activate it in Xposed Installer, reboot, unlock it. After unlocking new version will detect presence of the old version and ask to import preferences from it. After importing preferences you can uninstall old version or it will ask to import preferences on each start.
    2. You can save preferences file from old version in any convenient for you way and deinstall it. After installing and unlocking new version in menu you can found options to import preferences.

Warning! Not try to enable in Xposed Installer two versions of module simultaneously!

And a last thing!
    All three users who already donated me - please contact me by e-mail and I will send unlock keys to you!

PS: I regret that the module become paid. But I had to go for it, to be able to continue its development. Without income I can't develop it more.