Square Enix Chaos Rings (Force Close Root Workaround)

Search This thread

cooldoud

Aug 9, 2008
Melbourne
There you go :)

What's New
What's in this version:
The temporary block preventing rooted devices from playing the game has been lifted.
We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused.

Reactions: hrffd

xKirax

Nov 20, 2012
Hi, I am totally a newbie in this..Recently just rooted my phone and currently using chainfire SuperUser..however, I keep having error with the script and the game keep crashing on the start up screen.

I am not sure how to rename the Superuser.apk file either since it kept saying that I don't have any right or permission to do it. Can anyone help me out to make the game playable? ^^

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-20-21-30-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-20-21-30-52.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 290

cooldoud

Aug 9, 2008
Melbourne
You're a bit late to the party, the game now plays fine on rooted devices without the need for renaming any apk file :)

Just make sure you grabbed the latest version of Chaos Rings from the Play Store and you'll be sorted.

jiinsuu

Apr 10, 2016
I have a Galaxy Core prime using kingroot and the game will do its file check go to the click to start screen when I click the game closes no messages nothing just gone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, just in case anyone else shelled out the money for SE's new Android release, Chaos Rings and couldn't play due to being rooted...

All you need to do to be able to play is rename your SuperSU.apk/superuser.apk in the /system/app folder (I just added, ".bak" to the filename) and the force close will end. Of course, you will probably want to rename the apk back to normal once finished ;)

EDIT:

Cooldoud has a script on post #5 which, with Script Manager, should offer a widgetable solution to quickly renaming the superuser/supersu apk :)
    Yep found that out too... Really can't figure out why they went through the hassle of implementing such a lame system... Anyway, I wrote the below script for my gnote, it will toggle supersu so you can use the same widget to enable and disable supers.

After that install script manager, and set the script to be executed as root. You can then just create a widget to easily access the script :)

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /system

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
        echo "Failed to remount /system as rw"
        exit
    fi

if [ -f "/system/app/Superuser.apk" ]; then
        echo "Disabling Superuser App..."
        mv /system/app/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.bak
        mount -o remount,ro /system
        echo "All Done"
    else
        echo "Enabling Superuser App..."
        mv /system/app/Superuser.bak /system/app/Superuser.apk
        mount -o remount,ro /system
        echo "All Done"
    fi
    I tried making it into a .sh and running it on script manager but it didnt work. kept saying line errors.

You must make sure you convert your newline characters to Unix format. Wondows-style newline will cause the error you're getting (well if we're talking about the same error :))

You can use notepad++ or Google dos2unix for a command line tool.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
    It's important to check that the application is not appearing in your app drawer anymore (if your launcher can detect the app, so can SE... :) ) . Go there and check, if the app is still appearing it means it is still accessible (not sure whether you then need a reboot for it to disappear or something?), if it's not there... it means SE is also checking some other stuff to determine whether you're rooted, but I have no idea what that would be.
    There you go :)

What's New
    What's in this version:
    The temporary block preventing rooted devices from playing the game has been lifted.
    We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused.