Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
0heEu4S.jpg

You flash this MOD at your own risk,
i take no responsibility for any mishaps.​

Subscribe to update notifications and general chat by clicking the button below
PIXEL TELEGRAM CHANNEL

This here is my personal setup and thought i'd share. Usually i test extensively before releasing to public, but if you do find something detrimental to the usage of your device that is either Force Closing or simply not working, let me know and i will in turn inform whether that is something i will tend to.

WETA is a rom for Music geeks like me, though because we are still waiting on TWRP to become available i'd thought i'd make this MOD to flash in the meantime. Its main focus is Audio.

This mod installs the following...
V4A 2.5.0.5 or 2.3.4.0
Dolby Atmos
Sony Xperiaâ„¢ Z5 Premium audio system
Beatsâ„¢ libraries and effects
WETA Reboot app

How to install...

As of 9.0 moving forward, you will need to flash this mod using TWRP.

NOTE: There have been some issues with systemui crashing after install. This results in having to flash back to stock and in some cases having to wipe phone completely.
I advise running an un-encrypted file system at this stage, which may or may not help. Just be aware that things are basically experimental at these early stages.

1. Make sure you are on Stock firmware and have rooted device
2. Download mod zip
3. Install this app "Root Browser"
4. Extract the zip (click and hold, select extract) using Root Browser directly into Download folder. (you should have /sdcard/Download/WETA_*** as folder with files in it)
5. Go into Download/WETA_*** folder and select WETA-flash.sh
6. Tick "Execute script as root"
7. Then select the Execute button
8. It will say "Executing script"
9. Once complete you should have a popup box with no errrors.
10. Reboot device and mods should be installed....

Changes...
31st Oct
Fixed some things in audio_effects.conf
Added a new mod, 3minit battery to download page

#3 1st Nov
Modified build.props
Added System wide audio

#5 + #5b
Script modifications to be more universal for build.prop mod
- no longer replaces build.prop, now appends to file instead, keeping existing mod lines

V4ADA1 + V4ADA2

V4ADA1 - V4a 2.5.0.5
V4ADA2 - V4a 2.3.4.0

Both these versions have all audio mods omitted as to help with echoing while gaming.
Only V4A and Atmos present.
Fyi.. this can be flashed over the top of previous audio mods

12th Nov

WETA Audio 7 + 7b + V4ADA1_V5 + V4ADA2_V5
removed modification of audio_policy_config file

12th NOV
WETA Audio 8 + 8b + V4ADA1_V6 + V4ADA2_V6
More audio_policy_config tweaks for spotify

WETA Audio 9.0

WETA Audio 9.1
Fixed V4A convolver and profile permissions
– FYI this will wipe out your /sdcard/ViPER4Android folder

This version is an Aroma installer version. TWRP only.

Added Sony music player
Weta reboot option
BusyBox Install option
Weta audio remover

MOD Download Page

If you like my work, please consider buying this poor guy a craft beer for his efforts

Last edited:

mdecker79

Mar 30, 2006
Old Bridge
Thanks for this but it did not work for me. I placed the zip in my sdcard/Download directory and extracted it with Root Browser. Selected the .sh file and executed the script as root but I get the following:

no such file or directory

mattyv316

Jan 3, 2010
Thanks for this but it did not work for me. I placed the zip in my sdcard/Download directory and extracted it with Root Browser. Selected the .sh file and executed the script as root but I get the following:

no such file or directory
If your extracted folder was "WETA_Audio_Pixel", try renaming it to just "WETA_Audio". I had the same problem and that is how I got it to install. I am going to test it now. Thank you Mentalmuso. V4A is one of the main reasons why I root.

mdecker79

Mar 30, 2006
Old Bridge
If your extracted folder was "WETA_Audio_Pixel", try renaming it to just "WETA_Audio". I had the same problem and that is how I got it to install. I am going to test it now. Thank you Mentalmuso. V4A is one of the main reasons why I root.

Thank you very much. Yes it did execute and I'm currently rebooting. Sometimes I overlook the simple things thinking it's much more involved.

Reactions: Mentalmuso

curtdragon

Dec 14, 2010
Nashville
The link to AFH is broken. Gives a 404 error.
PS thanks for this lol. I was thinking about using my 6P for music but then this popped up since I have notifications on for your website.

Reactions: Mentalmuso

UK_Wildcats_Fans

May 22, 2008
I just tried this and it crashed my system ui. I did have the SystemUI Tuner enabled. This may cause issues. Now, I cannot use the phone. I am looking for a way todo the system image.

curtdragon

Dec 14, 2010
Nashville
I just want to note to anyone else having issues. You must use the file app that was mentioned. I usually use Root Explorer but I guess the way Root Browser runs the script it does it correctly.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

I just tried this and it crashed my system ui. I did have the SystemUI Tuner enabled. This may cause issues. Now, I cannot use the phone. I am looking for a way todo the system image.

I have system tuner enabled. No issues here. Maybe it's something else or how the phone was rooted?

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
[MOD] - WETA Audio - [V4A][DolbyAtmos][+++]

I'm interested in whether you have modded anything else on your phone. As the Audio mode don't touch systemui. Though I had a major systemui crash earlier but I was running 3minit mod and though it crapped out on me. Though I got the systemui crash after using Spotify via Bluetooth, it went to lockscreen then when I unlocked systemui crashed. So I'm wondering what mod caused it now

Have you been using Bluetooth or Spotify?

UK_Wildcats_Fans

May 22, 2008
I just want to note to anyone else having issues. You must use the file app that was mentioned. I usually use Root Explorer but I guess the way Root Browser runs the script it does it correctly.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

I have system tuner enabled. No issues here. Maybe it's something else or how the phone was rooted?

I used Root Browser and it immediately crashed and rebooted after executing the script. As far as I know, the chainfire boot-to-root.img it the only way to root. No tweaks or mods yet. Everything was working great prior to this running this mod.

That is the nature of working with rooted phones. Sometimes things just happen. I just wanted people to know that it could mess up the system and be prepared to flash system to resolve.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I'm interested in whether you have modded anything else on your phone. As the Audio mode don't touch systemui. Though I had a major systemui crash earlier but I was running 3minit mod and though it crapped out on me. Though I got the systemui crash after using Spotify via Bluetooth, it went to lockscreen then when I unlocked systemui crashed. So I'm wondering what mod caused it now

Have you been using Bluetooth or Spotify?

Purchased from Google Store for use on Verizon. It was unlocked and rooted of course. This was the first mod that I was applying. Yes, it was connected to Bluetooth to wireless speaker and Pandora playing.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
[MOD] - WETA Audio - [V4A][DolbyAtmos][+++]

I used Root Browser and it immediately crashed and rebooted after executing the script. As far as I know, the chainfire boot-to-root.img it the only way to root. No tweaks or mods yet. Everything was working great prior to this running this mod.

That is the nature of working with rooted phones. Sometimes things just happen. I just wanted people to know that it could mess up the system and be prepared to flash system to resolve.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Purchased from Google Store for use on Verizon. It was unlocked and rooted of course. This was the first mod that I was applying. Yes, it was connected to Bluetooth to wireless speaker and Pandora playing.

It crashed while running the script? That ain't right haha.

Sorry but what was it that crashed exactly? Did the phone go into a boot loop? Or did systemui crash

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
Almost immediately after I ran the script, the phone rebooted. Once it rebooted, I am getting a constant System UI crash and caannot do anything.

You'll have to fastboot flash system system.img. You won't lose any data. Do vendor as well to be safe. Just double checking here, but you downloaded the audio mod and not the 3minit battery mod right? WETA_Audio_2.zip not WETA_3M.zip? Thanks for being a crash guinea pig, I'll be looking into this later today.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0heEu4S.jpg

You flash this MOD at your own risk,
    i take no responsibility for any mishaps.​

Subscribe to update notifications and general chat by clicking the button below
    PIXEL TELEGRAM CHANNEL

This here is my personal setup and thought i'd share. Usually i test extensively before releasing to public, but if you do find something detrimental to the usage of your device that is either Force Closing or simply not working, let me know and i will in turn inform whether that is something i will tend to.

WETA is a rom for Music geeks like me, though because we are still waiting on TWRP to become available i'd thought i'd make this MOD to flash in the meantime. Its main focus is Audio.

This mod installs the following...
    V4A 2.5.0.5 or 2.3.4.0
    Dolby Atmos
    Sony Xperiaâ„¢ Z5 Premium audio system
    Beatsâ„¢ libraries and effects
    WETA Reboot app

How to install...

As of 9.0 moving forward, you will need to flash this mod using TWRP.

NOTE: There have been some issues with systemui crashing after install. This results in having to flash back to stock and in some cases having to wipe phone completely.
    I advise running an un-encrypted file system at this stage, which may or may not help. Just be aware that things are basically experimental at these early stages.

1. Make sure you are on Stock firmware and have rooted device
    2. Download mod zip
    3. Install this app "Root Browser"
    4. Extract the zip (click and hold, select extract) using Root Browser directly into Download folder. (you should have /sdcard/Download/WETA_*** as folder with files in it)
    5. Go into Download/WETA_*** folder and select WETA-flash.sh
    6. Tick "Execute script as root"
    7. Then select the Execute button
    8. It will say "Executing script"
    9. Once complete you should have a popup box with no errrors.
    10. Reboot device and mods should be installed....

Changes...
    31st Oct
    Fixed some things in audio_effects.conf
    Added a new mod, 3minit battery to download page

#3 1st Nov
    Modified build.props
    Added System wide audio

#5 + #5b
    Script modifications to be more universal for build.prop mod
    - no longer replaces build.prop, now appends to file instead, keeping existing mod lines

V4ADA1 + V4ADA2

V4ADA1 - V4a 2.5.0.5
    V4ADA2 - V4a 2.3.4.0

Both these versions have all audio mods omitted as to help with echoing while gaming.
    Only V4A and Atmos present.
    Fyi.. this can be flashed over the top of previous audio mods

12th Nov

WETA Audio 7 + 7b + V4ADA1_V5 + V4ADA2_V5
    removed modification of audio_policy_config file

12th NOV
    WETA Audio 8 + 8b + V4ADA1_V6 + V4ADA2_V6
    More audio_policy_config tweaks for spotify

WETA Audio 9.0

WETA Audio 9.1
    Fixed V4A convolver and profile permissions
    – FYI this will wipe out your /sdcard/ViPER4Android folder

Added Sony music player
    Weta reboot option
    BusyBox Install option
    Weta audio remover

MOD Download Page

If you like my work, please consider buying this poor guy a craft beer for his efforts
    I genuinely want to thank you for this mod. This has absolutely transformed my way of listening to music via phone. I used to use Viper many years ago and either I wasn't doing it right, or just didn't have the right equipment, either way I ended up not using it much before I eventually deleted it. I saw your mod on here after several years of not using Viper and decided to go for it. It's just...unreal, the sound quality this produces. My dad used to run a soundboard for different bands (none you'd recognize, I'm sure) when I was young and has always been into expensive headphones, etc. Anyway, I let him use a simple pair of samsung s3 earbuds with this mod on my Pixel, and he was floored, and he's usually really picky when it comes to anything 'sound'. I know it's just my dad, and at the end of the day it really doesn't mean much, but I thought I'd that with you anyway.

Thanks once again and keep up the great work!
    WETA Audio 9.0

Added Sony music player
    Weta reboot option
    BusyBox Install option
    Weta audio remover

Download Page

--->
    So if on RC2, downgrade to RC1, install Weta mod, re install RC2?

Nope, leave RC2 as it is, no need to downgrade. You can boot a single instance of RC1 via fastboot even though what you have normally installed as your recovery is RC2. As far as I've seen this doesn't cause any issues. So:

If not on RC2: install RC2.

If on RC2: boot into bootloader (power + vol down), connect to your computer, open a fastboot command window (I use minimal ADB and fastboot, but whatever fastboot solution you used to install TWRP originally should work fine), type: fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-RC1-fastboot-sailfish
    (or whatever the name is of your TWRP RC1 image file is, which should still be in your fastboot folder from when you installed TWRP RC1, unless you deleted it, in which case download TWRP RC1 again from here and put the image file in your fastboot folder: https://dl.twrp.me/sailfish/twrp-3.0.2-0-RC1-fastboot-sailfish.img)

This will boot TWRP RC1 once despite the fact that you actually have TWRP RC2 installed on your device's recovery partition. This is possible and not really an issue because you're actually booting from the image file, not your phone's recovery partition, and for purposes of installing a ZIP this method is less convenient but no less effective. So in your temporary TWRP RC1 instance, install the WETA mod ZIP as normal, and Reboot System. Everything should be running fine, and next time you boot recovery you'll still be booting TWRP RC2. In general you should use TWRP RC2 for everything unless A) it doesn't work, then you can use this method to see if it works with RC1 instead or B) the instructions for what you're doing explicitly tell you to use RC1 instead of RC2. In any case, you shouldn't downgrade from RC2 in order to run an operation with RC1, both because it's less convenient and RC2 is still overall better at most things. Just fastboot a single RC1 instance when needed. :D
    WETA :D :D I still use ur ROM for 6p.. hoping u making one for the Pixel as well!! Especially with WETA Mods