6,288 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,279

Post Reply Email Thread
18th June 2012, 07:48 PM |#771  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaT21

There was a fix for it. Placing a folder called "themes" somewhere in the root folders, I've been scanning xda the past hr and some trying to find it. Also make sure you have some V4 themes ready to go.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Yeah I was searching for that too, if u find it please share it

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

18th June 2012, 07:50 PM |#772  
Flag 737 miles from where I was
Thanks Meter: 2,385

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrix4nag

I will be flashing it in the evening, after reaching home.
One Suggestion:
Why dont we start a new thread, as it no more Beta.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

what are V4 themes. Its been long, since I used MIUI. hows the battery life on this one?

Would be up to Th3Bill as far as a new thread, "beta" however is not in the thread title. This is miui Version 4 and themes for previous builds will not work. Th3Bill has posted a preview of some of them here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...658725&page=54
The Following User Says Thank You to Pony Express For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pony Express Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 07:52 PM |#773  
OP Senior Member
Flag Where I Am

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

One Suggestion:

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

what are V4 themes. Its been long, since I used MIUI. hows the battery life on this one?

Well, I know it's very good on the Photon. This is a totally re-done process for the port on this build, so I'm not sure of battery life.

It is still Beta, as MIUI V4 pretty much still is...and it has some bugs..we're working on em. As proud as Trials and I are about the work we've got done here, it still is a Beta

I would recommend doing a search of XDA for V4 MIUI Theme. There are some really great ones on here. The ones in the Themes app are mainly GB ones, and won't theme properly, as well as may cause some borks in the system. If you go to MIUI.us, Blind made a really killer dark Blue one on there
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Th3Bill For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Th3Bill Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 07:54 PM |#774  
OP Senior Member
Flag Where I Am

Donate to Me
More
Ok....looks like I have 5 users stating that the phone is operational in its current state. I will be working on an Options Chooser tonight. Should be up either late tonight (10-11ish EST) or tomorrow morning first thing

Thanks to everyone who has helped test. Trials and I would have been in a real odd place to fix this without all of you. Especially our boy Pony. On point with Logcats!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Th3Bill For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Th3Bill Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 07:59 PM |#775  
Flag SC
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Quote:

One Suggestion:

V4 Themes are themes that, well, "theme" MIUI V4 the ICS Version, from my personal experience the GB MIUI themes dont work on the ICS one, framework and internal changes are the reason. Unfortunately they are harder to theme or require a different method for
creation so they aren't that many out there yet. They are coming tho. Head over to the Android Themes forum on our site, they have a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3terr

Yeah I was searching for that too, if u find it please share it

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

18th June 2012, 07:59 PM |#776  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Just wanted to let you know everything seems to be working over here... Even MMS which I've had a hell of a hard time with other ICS roms. Well done sir!
18th June 2012, 08:04 PM |#777  
Flag SC

More
Hmm, had some editing issues just now.
Was trying to say:

Will do, if you or anyone else is doing your searching on your phone, give Chrome Beta a go, its a refreshing alternative to the stock browser. ICS Browser+ in the Play Store FC'd on me.

18th June 2012, 08:10 PM |#778  
OP Senior Member
Flag Where I Am

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknhard

Just wanted to let you know everything seems to be working over here... Even MMS which I've had a hell of a hard time with other ICS roms. Well done sir!

Thank you. It has been a lot of work. Pony has been undyingly helpful with his willingness to flash whatever we threw at him, so he deserves a lot of credit (proper logcatting is a skill...look at how many threads there are if you google "how to logcat"....gotta know what you're looking at)

This is the 3rd official port to my credit on MIUI.us, and I think the 3rd for Trialsrider1 as well, so between he and I, we account for 5 out of 42 official ports...LOL
18th June 2012, 08:29 PM |#779  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Thanks each and everyone, for briefing on V4 themes. i will try it in the evening.
18th June 2012, 08:33 PM |#780  
Flag SC

More
Found it guys, to get themes working, go to your Root Explorer or whatever app you use for system file and folder management and go to Data, then System, then create a folder called "theme". Then go to your themes app and apply a V4 theme.

So that's Data/System then create a folder called "theme". (No quotation marks lol)

Edit: Th3Bill, you may wanna throw that up in the OP to get a head start on the inevitable question getting asked again...and again.....and again....and again....and...............again lol

18th June 2012, 08:57 PM |#781  
OP Senior Member
Flag Where I Am

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaT21

Found it guys, to get themes working, go to your Root Explorer or whatever app you use for system file and folder management and go to Data, then System, then create a folder called "theme". Then go to your themes app and apply a V4 theme.

So that's Data/System then create a folder called "theme". (No quotation marks lol)

Edit: Th3Bill, you may wanna throw that up in the OP to get a head start on the inevitable question getting asked again...and again.....and again....and again....and...............again lol

I'm going to add a script into the rom that will create the folder when I get to this weekend's release
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)