[ROM][JB] MIUI 3.2.1 for Samsung Infuse [PORT]

6,288 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,279

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd June 2012, 07:00 AM |#851  
Flag 737 miles from where I was
Thanks Meter: 2,385

More
Will not boot without adding the "fix". Once booted, message updater has stopped, force close once and it does not return, Permission manager crashes = no access to root apps, tbu, root explorer, etc. Themes not applying.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony Express For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pony Express Ad-Free

23rd June 2012, 07:18 AM |#852  
Thanks Meter: 279

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Express

Will not boot without adding the "fix". Once booted, message updater has stopped, force close once and it does not return, Permission manager crashes = no access to root apps, tbu, root explorer, etc. Themes not applying.

Updater app is because a dev added some stuff to it, but then Miui China updated it so his smalis are screwing it up. Can you get a logcat of the permissions manager? Might be an easy fix. Themes is an easy one too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trialsrider1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trialsrider1 Ad-Free
23rd June 2012, 02:33 PM |#853  

More
Pm'd permission mgr. logcat. Also can set music as ringtone and it shows to have applied but does not, reverts to sys ringtone. Themes- I added a folder, theme, to the last build and it did not help. Goes through 2% of the applying theme process then says theme successfully applied but no change made other than showing in mix menu that it had been applied.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pony Express For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pony Express Ad-Free
23rd June 2012, 05:47 PM |#854  
OP Senior Member
Flag Where I Am

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Pm'd permission mgr. logcat. Also can set music as ringtone and it shows to have applied but does not, reverts to sys ringtone. Themes- I added a folder, theme, to the last build and it did not help. Goes through 2% of the applying theme process then says theme successfully applied but no change made other than showing in mix menu that it had been applied.

Permission thing is a stupid issue with the Lbesec_MIUI.apk. I'll have the updated one as soon as my crappy work wifi can download it.

Can you get me log of theme applying? Mine works, so I need to get a look at this. Thanks buddy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Th3Bill For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Th3Bill Ad-Free
23rd June 2012, 07:51 PM |#856  

More
Will report on fix in a few. Pm'd theme log.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Permission fix works - different than what I am used to seeing. Usually there is one screen asking to allow access, now there are 4-5. No worries, it woks fine
The Following User Says Thank You to Pony Express For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pony Express Ad-Free
23rd June 2012, 08:11 PM |#857  

More
That huge prompt is super dumb...way too many!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to trialsrider1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trialsrider1 Ad-Free
23rd June 2012, 08:15 PM |#858  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trialsrider1

Lmao - agreed. Does make you pay attention though !
The Following User Says Thank You to Pony Express For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pony Express Ad-Free
23rd June 2012, 08:41 PM |#859  
OP Senior Member
Flag Where I Am

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Will report on fix in a few. Pm'd theme log.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Permission fix works - different than what I am used to seeing. Usually there is one screen asking to allow access, now there are 4-5. No worries, it woks fine

I am pretty sure that the themes thing is due to the errors with SU. If you look at the logcat you sent me, it fails at running a command requiring SU. Give it a try after the security fix
23rd June 2012, 08:42 PM |#860  
OP Senior Member
Flag Where I Am

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trialsrider1

Quote:

Lmao - agreed. Does make you pay attention though !

Well, this was an edit that was put together quickly by Superkid at MIUI.us so that we would have working SU. I am sure that it will be corrected before next week's release. Believe me...everyone is irritated with the multi-prompt, but it's better than the FC error we were getting before
23rd June 2012, 08:49 PM |#861  

More
So true!! Just annoying lol

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)