Search This thread

dyval

Hello, i just put the faux 10u boot.img thruch fastboot on my hox

i used the repacked 'boot-repackedFAUX010u.img' posted in post #2555

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboor reboot-bootloader

rebooted in recovery and flashed the modules and rebooted

now my hox stays on the HTC quietly brilliant screen and does nothing more.

Anyone a idea what i did wrong and how to fix it again so my phone reboots again

It should be on this order:

fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot erase cache

then flash kernel zip on CWM.

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009

fastboot erase cache

Anyone a idea what i did wrong and how to fix it again so my phone reboots again
Try running it again, but perhaps to be safe try downloading the kernel again incase you got a bad download. Your steps and commands are correct (apart from a presumed typo in the 3rd step). I do the fastboot erase cache before and after flashing the boot.img, probably overkill but never have a problem

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

I seem to be having a small issue sometimes where my task bar glitches to white (or has what Im using glitch on it) also still get thr random screen flashes. But they are quite rare and still unexplained :/
In Suite Tools go to the Taskbar tab, Taskbar transparency and set the bottom slider all the way to the right.

Reactions: cometoluc

El Nino1977

Jul 10, 2009
Peterborough

fastboot erase cache

Download the faux kernel of you choice, open zip and save boot.img to your desktop reboot phone into hboot/fastboot and fastboot the img, erase cache, then into recovery, mount sd and copy the zip to storage and flash zip. Reboot...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

cometoluc

May 24, 2007
Mechelen

fastboot erase cache

I tried to put the original boot.img of the rom back on and reflashing the rom with option one click but it still keeps rebooting on the THC qietly brilliant screen.Please help

Last edited:

cometoluc

May 24, 2007
Mechelen
Download the faux kernel of you choice, open zip and save boot.img to your desktop reboot phone into hboot/fastboot and fastboot the img, erase cache, then into recovery, mount sd and copy the zip to storage and flash zip. Reboot...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hello, do you mean i should not use the repacked kernals but the ones in the zip itself?

cometoluc

May 24, 2007
Mechelen
I don't use the repacked version, although that shouldn't be the cause of your device not booting.

Thanks for the advice of u and El Nino, i tried redownloading the not repacked version put the zip onto my sd extracted the boot.img and retried it again and now all seems to be booting good.

i assume that kernel 2.6.39.4-gacfdb2 paul@ubuntu#467 is the correct version for the Faux Endeavoru-Faux123-010u?

-sorry found the answer myself by searching.
#468 is 010m
#467 is 010u
#466 is 010vf

Thanks again for the help.

Last edited:

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Thanks for the advice of u and El Nino, i tried redownloading the not repacked version put the zip onto my sd extracted the boot.img and retried it again and not all seems to be booting good.

i assume that kernel 2.6.39.4-gacfdb2 paul@ubuntu#467 is the correct version for the Faux Endeavoru-Faux123-010u?

Thanks again for the help.
Correct, that is the faux kernel

DanteGR

Dec 14, 2010
Thessaloniki
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 11
Hello guys :)
Second time now that a repacked kernel does not work on CD.
Why is that? I used the online kernel tool to repack the faux kernels (as i use for other roms too) andit's the second time that it does not work on the CD rom.
Never had a problem with a repacked kernel on other roms though :confused:

El Nino1977

Jul 10, 2009
Peterborough
Hello guys :)
Second time now that a repacked kernel does not work on CD.
Why is that? I used the online kernel tool to repack the faux kernels (as i use for other roms too) andit's the second time that it does not work on the CD rom.
Never had a problem with a repacked kernel on other roms though :confused:

Dunno Dante, gave up repackaging long time ago, just use fauxs as it is mate. And back then the web tool wasn't available, I have yet to use it. Try it the old fashioned way with daekins zip, see if that helps...

Sent from my Coredroid Powered One X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: DanteGR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: As of November 7th CoreDroid officially moved all its support to another site.

Due to repeated kanging from other Roms as well as needing CST paid version to obtain the latest version of the Rom, anything related to the CoreDroid team is not allowed to be posted anymore on XDA and is from now on considered warez.
    This includes: Signatures, links, themes, as well as any work developed by the CD team or included in any Rom.

TL;dr: If you included anything from CD in your work, you have to remove it.

We appreciate your understanding on the matter in hand,
    XDA Moderation team
    MOD EDIT: Removed content
    No longer supporting CoreDroid...
    No longer on the team ;)
    MOD EDIT: Removed content