[KERNEL][4.2][3.4.x][5/17/13] All-Star Devs Kernel

Search This thread

Blades

Aug 11, 2008
Re: [KERNEL][TMO][JB-4.2][2/7/13] All-Star Devs Kernel v1.4

See the exfat modules in zip - Is this for real, are they loadable and do they work without a high probability of data corruption?

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
See the exfat modules in zip - Is this for real, are they loadable and do they work without a high probability of data corruption?
tbh it's still untested, My homie ptmr3 uses same file modules for his TW kernel and he has tester who say it works with no problem. Would be great if you could test it

Reactions: P06o

XblackdemonX

May 27, 2008
Montreal
@ayysir
I confirm that this kernel boots fine on my SGS3 (Rogers) using Rootbox(4.2.1) nightly 8/2/2013 :victory:
I will do more tests and report back

Edit: i'm not sure if it's related to my SGH-I747M but when I turn Fast Charge it says I won't be able to access my files from the computer but I still can.

Edit2: Everything else seems to work fine

Last edited:

android88

Jan 21, 2012
@ayysir
I confirm that this kernel boots fine on my SGS3 (Rogers) using Rootbox(4.2.1) nightly 8/2/2013 :victory:
I will do more tests and report back

Edit: i'm not sure if it's related to my SGH-I747M but when I turn Fast Charge it says I won't be able to access my files from the computer but I still can.

Edit2: Everything else seems to work fine

Then are you sure Fast Charge is actually on? USB Storage shouldn't work if you have Fast Charge enabled. Does it say "charging by AC" when you have Fast Charge enabled and charging from a PC?

XblackdemonX

May 27, 2008
Montreal

Then are you sure Fast Charge is actually on? USB Storage shouldn't work if you have Fast Charge enabled. Does it say "charging by AC" when you have Fast Charge enabled and charging from a PC?

I did have the notification in the bar saying that fast charge was ON

Blades

Aug 11, 2008

tbh it's still untested, My homie ptmr3 uses same file modules for his TW kernel and he has tester who say it works with no problem. Would be great if you could test it

I'll try it, but its a different situation for it to work with a tw based kernel.

kiden

Feb 3, 2010
Chicago
New build in op
Code:
linux kernel 3.0.63
added frandom
wifi tethering fixed

Trying out your kernel for the first time ever! Thanks so much. The flash worked perfectly on CM10.1, I had no issues with Wifi, GPS, or Sound (Ive had audio skipping issues with other kernels), CPU Overclock seemed stable while it was on 2.1 ghz.

The only thing I noticed is that transitions between apps and such will lag and be choppy. This was the same no matter what governor/scheduler I tried and what the clock speeds were.

Greg1007

Aug 24, 2011
New Hyde Park
Re: [KERNEL][TMO][JB-4.2][2/13/13] All-Star Devs Kernel v1.4

Love what I'm hearing about this kernel, but I am experiencing the same problem I had when I tried ktoon's kernel a couple of months ago. After initial installation, the kernel pretty quickly commits sepuku, giving way to fc's left and right, eventually rebooting. I'm running Pac-man's Rom, and I'm not forgetting to clear dalvik and cache. Anything I'm forgetting? Any reason to believe it won't work nicely with the Rom? Is the default clock setting set to 2.1Ghz, cuz I bet that could do it. I can't really check with all the fc's going on, but I bet if I rush I could change it in time. For now, I'm living with xone, but I really want to love this kernel

sent from my t-mobile Galaxy S III

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
Love what I'm hearing about this kernel, but I am experiencing the same problem I had when I tried ktoon's kernel a couple of months ago. After initial installation, the kernel pretty quickly commits sepuku, giving way to fc's left and right, eventually rebooting. I'm running Pac-man's Rom, and I'm not forgetting to clear dalvik and cache. Anything I'm forgetting? Any reason to believe it won't work nicely with the Rom? Is the default clock setting set to 2.1Ghz, cuz I bet that could do it. I can't really check with all the fc's going on, but I bet if I rush I could change it in time. For now, I'm living with xone, but I really want to love this kernel

sent from my t-mobile Galaxy S III
Can you try again? i might install pac-rom just to try reproduce your errors (even though i hate that rom lol)

my zip automatically wipes cache and dalvik

P06o

Feb 16, 2012
NYC
Google Pixel 6 Pro

As for the issues I'm having on the t989, I'm not sure yet, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with your kernel. My wife's s2 is finicky. Doesn't like to flash anything

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
As for the issues I'm having on the t989, I'm not sure yet, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with your kernel. My wife's s2 is finicky. Doesn't like to flash anything

lol wait your using my kernel that i have for sgs2? i have a stable one in testing.

P06o

Feb 16, 2012
NYC
Google Pixel 6 Pro

lol wait your using my kernel that i have for sgs2? i have a stable one in testing.

I so wish I could help test that for you, but it's the wife's phone... So it's not in my hand enough to help you. Let's not even talk about her inability to communicate what isn't working...lol.

Top Liked Posts