Doogee valencia DG800

Search This thread

brgdvds

Apr 7, 2009
I like the phone a lot however am worried about the battery life ... Is it really 2000mah and does it get you through the day?

Was thinking of the Jiayu g5 as an alternative but the jump in price is too big ! Any suggestions for another 4.3 to 4.5 inch quad core phone?

John S.

Dec 29, 2012
i get no Position with the Browser when I open maps with Wi-Fi . is it an 442 problem? Anybody the same problem? GPS works fine.

Last edited:

shikhar623

Feb 18, 2013
Nba
i get no Position with the Browser when I open maps with Wi-Fi . is it an 442 problem? Anybody the same problem? GPS works fine.

Hi John, I hope you have received your phone. can you give
your Review regarding the build Quality, GPS quickness , Smoothness of UI , the overall opinion
and Some Camera Samples....
hope you get your problem solved ASAP.

John S.

Dec 29, 2012
Quality is very good.GPS quick. a few seconds, Very smooth. Built-in Launcher boring. But no LED notification. Air Gesture i didnt find. Back sensor funny feature

John S.

Dec 29, 2012
Fotos DG800 Back Cam

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401030852890.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401030852890.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 1,614
  • uploadfromtaptalk1401030873331.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401030873331.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 1,485
Reactions: shikhar623

NoobieExtraordinare

Oct 9, 2012
Network coverage

Fotos DG800 Back Cam

Any US buyers here? My phone should be here next week. And I shall update you guys on most things. However, I was wondering what kind of 3G coverage you guys were getting. I am on T-mobile and I am not sure of my current area is one of the refarmed 1900mHZ spectrum areas for 3g on T-mobile. I fear that I might be stuck on just 2G. If so, It goes back on E-bay after a while.

Sad to see that framaroot doesn't provide root on this phone. From what I have seen other users have reported success on other Doogee phones.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Maps App works fine with gps. But i cannot get location with wifi or mobile

What does this even mean? Clarify with details.

John S.

Dec 29, 2012
Maps opened by browser didnt find my current location. Gps is on but not in the status bar visible. Whatsapp location is working with wifi and 3g and of course gps. Maps App also locates fast with gps. Browser
cannot locate, thats my bug

Last edited:

NoobieExtraordinare

Oct 9, 2012
Maps opened by browser didnt find my current location. Gps is on but not in the status bar visible. Whatsapp location is working with wifi and 3g and of course gps. Maps App also locates fast with gps. Browser
cannot locate, thats my bug

How are you determining that the browser is unable to locate you? Are you opening the Web version of maps?how have you set up your location settings? Also what browser and check to see if you have disabled location reporting in browser settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

John S.

Dec 29, 2012
I enabled all location services of course. Browser pop up says location service not possible (thats my translation of german android message).web version,yes

Last edited:

shikhar623

Feb 18, 2013
Nba
Is the "Touch back" a great feature to have? kindly Share your veiws.. what is it intended for??...what do you use it for??
Thanks .

John S.

Dec 29, 2012
I must check wednesday night, but i am sure it does not help, i tried factory resets before, but still no wifi browser location
Touchback: Its a funny feature for example scrolling picture gallery or to shot a foto or scroll trough setyings. You can configure it in the main settings. I can live without it and the 2nd coloured backcover has no touchfield, only the white one

Reactions: shikhar623

aggeloszog93

May 26, 2014
One question only: BUY it or NOT?
(I dont care about root,cwm, i JUST want it to be a good phone for about 2 years or more)

Xperia-Ray

Jan 16, 2012
Hope we get root and CWM soon. It isnt a samrtphone without Root...
I hope too, until now I always used the Frameroot to root all my MTK smartphones, but now on Kitkat it's not gonna work anymore?

Unfortunately the postal service in my country doing problems now and the shipping time can take up to 50~60 days :(- so I am not sure wen I will get my DG800 to start to test it. I have lot's of new devices on their way for testing (FNF iFive 3GS mini/ Cube U51GTW and more) and I am getting really depressed that I will get them too late and the review will be not relevant :(.

baklawa

Jun 27, 2007
Toulouse
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I hope too, until now I always used the Frameroot to root all my MTK smartphones, but now on Kitkat it's not gonna work anymore?

Unfortunately the postal service in my country doing problems now and the shipping time can take up to 50~60 days :(- so I am not sure wen I will get my DG800 to start to test it. I have lot's of new devices on their way for testing (FNF iFive 3GS mini/ Cube U51GTW and more) and I am getting really depressed that I will get them too late and the review will be not relevant :(.

Has someone tried this ?

http://www.doogeemobile.com/blog/doogee-mobile-phone-root-method/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    5GB Data + 1GB Internal SD
    Custom Carliv Recovery credit to hanuma50 from 4pda forum.

Extract the (scatter, EBR1, EBR2 and recovery) from the zip attached on the folder of the downloaded Loliipop ROM, open SP Flash Tool, select the scatter and flash it. I've reflashed the whole Rom, don't know if it will work perfectly if you make a partial flash.

Press the power button and volume up and enter in the recovery, flash the SuperSu 2.49 Beta.

Boot up your phone, configure it and enjoy. :cyclops:

USB Storage mount and unmounted tested and working normally (no strange reboots), and no soft-bricks when powering off or restarting. :D

I'm a happy camper again. :laugh:

Now xposed and back to development and testing.
    I talk talk about the Guide from BUSOTE. Yes, he has done a good work. But unfortunatley I dont understand the translation from spanish to english language - that's all. Until now, I only have successfuly root my Samsung but even not the DG800. I dont want to do anything wrong....

However, thank you for your answer an the helpful comment.......

okay, many of us are not english natives, I will try to summarize the major steps to get root:

Download the official ROM for this phone: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-eEVUUoOlT4bWI1MXRQcU5Fd28/edit

Unzip the content of this ROM to locate the scatter file.

Download the custom recovery created by loaded2107 and SuperSU: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53104852&postcount=61

Put the SuperSU zip file on your SD card

Use this tutorial and flash the custom recovery from loaded2107 using the scatter file from the ROM archive: http://www.gizbeat.com/3774/how-to-flash-cwm-without-root-with-sp-flash-tool/

Power off the phone and boot into recovery mode (power + volume up) and then flash SuperSU from the recovery using "flash zip from SD Card" and select the SuperSU zip you put on your card at step#4

Reboot and you are done
    TWRP Recovery 2.8.6.0 Lollipop

TWRP Recovery 2.8.6.0 for Lolllipop Download
    12582d82667130bbcd7f9729974f4ffb.png
    Could You help us a step-by-step guide for rooting? I came from Samsung world and some methods are strange to me.
    Thank You!!
    :good:

The recovery this one created for my and it works perfectly

Download this
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbtsydi9iiq872q/Root DG800.zip
    http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/82645339/file.html
    Official Rom
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-eEVUUoOlT4bWI1MXRQcU5Fd28/preview?pli=1

Unzip the folder and will come out first and zip multiple folders
    The zip-UPDATE-v1.99.zip SuperSU put it in the sd mobile
    And also supersupro.apk
    Unzip the second download and you create another folder with the rom files in img format
    Replace this folder atchivo recovery by the recovery of the first zip folder.
    Let the mess

SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183 folder and open the flash file tool.exe
    Pinchais where it says what you want to scatter and the scatter of the rom folder with recovery bajasteis already changed
    When loading uncheck everything below minus recovery
    You press F9, you will get a warning that if you say yes or (not in the pc and do not remember)
    You turn off the phone, you remove the battery and do not you put it, connect the usb cable to mobile and pc and the bottom bar has to run when you get a green circle on the pc screen is made if it does bada is that drivers have no positions
    (If you do not have the drivers positions see the device manager looking for the one with the yellow symbol, you say update search the computer, looking for the folder of the drivers of the first zip "All MTK USB Driver 2014" OK you the installed , if it runs the bar, if not disconnect and then reconnect the mobile)
    Unplug the phone and put battery
    Boot into recovery mode volume up + power until you start in the center of the screen out some small letters and an arrow moves to move volume volume up to select the option below the top.
    In recovery install zip for sdcard to select with the power button and move the volume
    Choose zip or something and look SuperSU-UPDATE-v1.99.zip
    Click on the install it
    Then go back and reset the root is already done
    Install supersupro.apk
    Open SuperSU and leave so
    Settings:
    Mark activate superuser
    Mark survival mode
    Uncheck re-authentication
    Allow access by default
    Uncheck display notifications
    Access full content
    Ready
    To enjoy it guys, New phone and new root

Sorry for the tirade, so I did as soon as I arrived yesterday morning and so far everything perfect

http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=836832
    Helpful Information!

Hi everyone! I may be a newbie on XDA forums, but I've been monitoring this thread very closely since its beginnings (I have a Doogee DG800 as well).

I've figured out some interesting things I would like to share with you all.
    -Deep sleep mode works if you turn on "back-touch" from the settings app...it's weird, but it works (even on the June update).
    -Busybox does not seem to work well on the DG800 (it installs fine? without error) but apps that utilize it (titanium backup, viper4android, etc) are unable to work well.
    -Sound quality is atrocious, but this can easily be fixed by equalizer apps/Poweramp.

Does that battery seem to charge fairly slow for anyone else as well?