Hyperion AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II 4G 2 x Battery + Charger

Search This thread

alex72

Just ordered at Amazon for $25. Batteries are 1800mah. Not many reviews but all are saying that there are NO boot loops and that they work with original back cover. My guess is that these are NOT NFC batteries. They should last at least as original battery. I'll update post when I find out.
http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Sams..._12?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1321308449&sr=1-12
UPDATE
I tested my Hyperion batteries and they have about 5% LESS juice compared to stock battery. Another gripe is that charger output is rated as DC 4.2V 350mA (but mostly performs well below) so because of that, in my case, it takes 6+ hours to fully charge completely discharged battery. Some people reported 4 hours to fully charged state so each to it's own. If you charge phone thru charger's USB output you'll get full 750mA charge.
Anyway, considering all positives, negatives and price, I'm satisfied with this purchase and this is viable option for I777.
Positives
- no boot loops
- same form factor
- charger charge stock battery as well
- price (2 batteries and charger $25)
- extra USB output outlet (750-800mA)
Neutral
- batteries hold close to stock (it was expected knowing that weigh and size of batteries don't differ much compered to stock)
- not NFC compatible (not much of use for NFC right now)
Negative
- slow battery charging (~350mA)
- batteries hold ~12% less then advertised (~5% less then stock battery)
- once it gets below 20% it drains faster. Especially true for last 10%.

Maybe it'll get better over time. If someone found a way to properly calibrate this battery to show full potential, don't be shy, let us know.
http://batteryboss.org/

UPDATE 2
See post #14!

Last edited:

dgold21

Oct 5, 2007
California
I recieved these batteries/charger last Tuesday. The batteries work fine, seem to hold close to the same charge as the stock battery. Charger works fine with both stock and replacement batteries. No NFC. They actually seem just very slightly thinner than the stock battery, I'm certain they couldn't possibly rate a full 1800mah. Either way, I'm cool with it...between these two Hyperion and my two stock Samsung batteries, I have completely stopped worrying about battery life and I can enjoy my device.

Reactions: alex72

alex72

Thanks for heads up! I'm looking to have same experience with these batteries. And I'm glad to hear that charger works with stock battery as well.
I recieved these batteries/charger last Tuesday. The batteries work fine, seem to hold close to the same charge as the stock battery. Charger works fine with both stock and replacement batteries. No NFC. They actually seem just very slightly thinner than the stock battery, I'm certain they couldn't possibly rate a full 1800mah. Either way, I'm cool with it...between these two Hyperion and my two stock Samsung batteries, I have completely stopped worrying about battery life and I can enjoy my device.

doantuankha

Mar 9, 2011
Does 1800mah hyperion battery last longer than the stock battery ?. What is the certain hour for that and btw mugen & hyperion battery which one is better ???. Mugen seems to be expensive...

alex72

Does 1800mah hyperion battery last longer than the stock battery ?. What is the certain hour for that and btw mugen & hyperion battery which one is better ???. Mugen seems to be expensive...

Friend of mine got Mugen battery. I gave him one Hyperion for test purposes. He was so mad because they lasted the same. Man, if you wanna preserve same form factor and save some $ buy either stock or Hyperion. For me, there is no question about that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

switters1

Nov 19, 2010
I've been cycling between the hyperion batteries and my stock battery for the last few days.

I've noticed that my battery life drops twice as fast with hyperion vs stock. Has anybody else noticed this? Usage is the same and I'm running CM7.

Is this some weird calibration issue and the battery actually has more than is reported?

igotdez

May 30, 2011
I think it's the hyperion batterys, i bought one a few Weeks back but its 8% lesser battery life then stock atleast for me..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777

alex72

I've been cycling between the hyperion batteries and my stock battery for the last few days.

I've noticed that my battery life drops twice as fast with hyperion vs stock. Has anybody else noticed this? Usage is the same and I'm running CM7.

Is this some weird calibration issue and the battery actually has more than is reported?

Yep. It takes 4-5 full charges to "properly" calibrate, but don't worry, it'll hold close as stock battery.
I updated my OP.

Last edited:

switters1

Nov 19, 2010
Just ordered at Amazon for $25. Batteries are 1800mah. Not many reviews but all are saying that there are NO boot loops and that they work with original back cover. My guess is that these are NOT NFC batteries. They should last at least as original battery. I'll update post when I find out.
http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Sams..._12?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1321308449&sr=1-12
UPDATE
I tested my Hyperion batteries and they have about 5% LESS juice compared to stock battery. Another gripe is that charger output is rated as DC 4.2V 350mA (but mostly performs well below) so because of that, in my case, it takes 6+ hours to fully charge completely discharged battery. Some people reported 4 hours to fully charged state so each to it's own. If you charge phone thru charger's USB output you'll get full 750mA charge.
Anyway, considering all positives, negatives and price, I'm satisfied with this purchase and this is viable option for I777.
Positives
- no boot loops
- same form factor
- charger charge stock battery as well
- price (2 batteries and charger $25)
- extra USB output outlet (750-800mA)
Neutral
- batteries hold close to stock (it was expected knowing that weigh and size of batteries don't differ much compered to stock)
- not NFC compatible (not much of use for NFC right now)
Negative
- slow battery charging (~350mA)
- batteries hold ~12% less then advertised (~5% less then stock battery)
- once it gets below 20% it drains faster. Especially true for last 10%.

Maybe it'll get better over time. If someone found a way to properly calibrate this battery to show full potential, don't be shy, let us know.
http://batteryboss.org/

I wish the battery capacity was the same as Samsung OEM battery. It seems much less than 5% lower capacity.

Since battery life and tracking is very important to me because it's the best indicator of whether things are working alright, I just bit the bullet and ordered the $30 OEM battery. I'll hold on to the hyperion batteries for travel and emergencies, but I'm leaving them out of my "rotation" (I like to avoid charging and just swap batteries every night).

Or if I'm going to play a CPU/GPU intensive game for 4-5 hours, I'll throw in the hyperion battery just to kill it :)

alex72

I wish the battery capacity was the same as Samsung OEM battery. It seems much less than 5% lower capacity.

Since battery life and tracking is very important to me because it's the best indicator of whether things are working alright, I just bit the bullet and ordered the $30 OEM battery. I'll hold on to the hyperion batteries for travel and emergencies, but I'm leaving them out of my "rotation" (I like to avoid charging and just swap batteries every night).

Or if I'm going to play a CPU/GPU intensive game for 4-5 hours, I'll throw in the hyperion battery just to kill it :)

As I told you before, battery life will improve after 5 full charges/discharges, unless you got bad batch. In that case you should exchange it for new ones.
I tested mine with Battery Monitor Widget Pro and 100% charge show 4188mV and 1% charge show 2940mV while stock battery goes down to 3022mV. So there is potential for Hyperion to last longer then stock but somehow it drains faster. If someone knows answer I would be glad to hear it. I would continue with calibration and testing and report back if there is any new findings. For now, they last 5-6% less then stock.
Anyway, first week of using Hyperion they lasted 20% less then stock so I bought same as yours stock battery with charger for $30 from Amazon. Stock is stock. LOL

alex72

Oh my goodness! Massive improvement! I mean huge! I was so stupid. The key was in deleting Battery stats in Recovery before Rom boots.
Follow these steps;
1. Power off the phone
2. Replace battery with fully charged Hyperion battery
3. Boot into Recovery by holding volume+, volume- and Power button. Release all three buttons when Galaxy S2 logo shows 2nd time.
4. Go to advanced and delete battery stats
5. Go back and restart the phone
6. Enjoy much better battery life

I will do proper comparison with stock battery when I get some free time. If someone do it before me feel free to post results.
My guess is that battery life improved somewhere between 10-20%!

Last edited:

mcorrie1121

Jul 4, 2007
Oregon
So do you have to erase the battery stats for each battery? And how does that affect the stock batteries?

Smoothface

Oct 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Oh my goodness! Massive improvement! I mean huge! I was so stupid. The key was in deleting Battery stats in Recovery before Rom boots.
Follow these steps;
1. Power off the phone
2. Replace battery with fully charged Hyperion battery
3. Boot into Recovery by holding volume+, volume- and Power button. Release all three buttons when Galaxy S2 logo shows 2nd time.
4. Go to advanced and delete battery stats
5. Go back and restart the phone
6. Enjoy much better battery life

I will do proper comparison with stock battery when I get some free time. If someone do it before me feel free to post results.
My guess is that battery life improved somewhere between 10-20%!

I have got a pair of these coming my way for christmas... I'll try what you said if I do not get good battery life. Sounds good though!

alex72

I have got a pair of these coming my way for christmas... I'll try what you said if I do not get good battery life. Sounds good though!

I think that wiping battery stats will help with any extended battery, not just Hyperion. And don't forget to properly calibrate batteries. Fully charge/discharge 5 times.

la5794

Nov 12, 2011
Mine were just delivered and they do seem lighter than the stock battery. The charger is also nicer than the one I got the other day for a friends evo.

Thanks again for finding and sharing this good deal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.